It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC Cop Testifies Faking 911 Calls To Enter Homes Is "Official Policy"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Something tells me this happens elsewhere too.

My mom once called 911 for a suspicious person in her yard, the result of the 911 call ended up with my mother being tasered several time by Susanne M. Ravn of the Brevard County Sheriff's department.

My mother was charged with resisting arrest with violence, assaulting a law enforcement, and abuse of 911. Because she was scared of going to jail, and her lawyer said a trial by jury is too fickle, she took a plea deal that had all charges dropped after going doing some probation and writing a letter of apology to the police department.

That letter of apology prevents my parents from taking legal action against the police.

There is very little justice in the US anymore.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Did you say you live in Detroit? So, really...how are you that surprised that the cops are like that? Would you rather them just pass by a lone male walking the streets after dark....in Detroit?

Yes.

Are you joking? I truly hope so...

Sadly, something tells me you are dead serious.

By your logic, they should be allowed to kick my door in anytime I'm home alone. After all, I am a "lone male... ...in Detroit" at those moments, and God knows we can't have that.

There goes a lone man walking by the window now...

Excuse me, I have to call the police, before he gets too far down the sidewalk.
edit on 14-7-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

That's a pretty bad experience I must say...

It disturbs me how they show up to these calls hyped up and ready to go like they are about to storm a Taliban compound or something similar when they are actually showing up to help those who pay their salaries but it's frightening how often that the victim is the one the police arrest, beat, tase, pepper spray and or shoot and any other type of abuse you can think of. What ever happened to serve and protect?

I've witnessed many things, what looked like to be a 6 foot three, 240 pound cop pick up and body slam a teenage girl face first, I've seen them pepper spray crowds of people (indoors) for no reason, I've seen them sick the K9s on people who were detained sitting on the curb of the sidewalk with their hands cuffed behind their backs - pretty much the only thing I haven't seen is a cop shoot someone - I thank goodness for that.

I've got plenty more incidents to share but now is not the time nor place lol.

I have no idea how old your mom was at the time but I'm guessing she didn't fit the profile of a burglar but she still got man-handled by the good old boys in blue - I'm glad she's okay because those tasers can be lethal!

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In calif its not always the cops.

In a few neighborhood i have lived in all you have to do to get rid of drug dealers or thieving drug users is to walk up to the wall of there house and use a throwaway cell phone to call 911. the cell phone tracking system is only good to within about 10 feet.

You call and sound like some gal being beat up by There boyfriend or husband and you need the cops to come.

The cops will come and demand entry and will force there way in if they have to.

This is due to a few cases where the caller was being held hostage and the boyfriend or husband went to the door and convinced the cops he was the only one there.

Drug dealers or thieving drug users don't like the cops walking through there homes or apartments.
and in most cases they will move out after one or more of these calls.

That is if the cops don't see drugs or other arrestable items in plain sight and fit them for cuffs right here.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

She was actually on the phone with 911 when she was tasered the first time. Apparently the police officer thought the phone was a weapon....who knows. There was a cover-up and my parents certainly did not have the best legal help money could buy. My father was also tasered that night while in a wheel-chair. There is no doubt Ms. Ravn's knew that my mom was the homeowner, there was no burgulary call, the cop was incahoots with the next door neighbor who was upset that my dad was playing his music with laptop speakers too loud, the cop was snooping around my parents yard with a decibel meter.... She re-wrote her report about 10 times and initially said it was a domestic disturbance call, then said it was a noise disturbance call.... Now I know why it is important to have a lawyer who likes to go to trial.

Pre-trial interventions are a bit of a scam.

edit on 14-7-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

What are they like in the uk?

Well, very few are allowed to carry guns so not many of us get shot by them.
To be honest, compared with what I see/read about them in your neck of the woods, the cops in the uk almost appear to be angels.
A very few bad apples, but mostly they are ok. If I had any complaint its that they dont do enough for your average citizen, they seem more concerned with protecting the properties of the corporations. For example I often see half a dozen cop cars at the supermarket chasing a shop lifter, but when I'm attacked by a guy with a knife they didn't even want to take a statement!

However, it's my guess that within ten years we'll be seeing the type of cops we often see posted in these forums

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Even though some of what you say is completely true, the cops responding to a 911 call, and it going wrong due to uncontrolled circumstances, is still way different than the police faking 911 calls to gain entry into people's homes.

I'm not saying either situation is good, but the latter is far worse.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So they knock on the door and give a "safety check" reason which doesn't require a warrant?

What excuses can they give to the person in the house that don't require a warrant?

Like "somene reported gunshots/fire/screaming from this residence, open up or else?"

originally posted by: HandyDandy
It happens all the time. They even do it on the roadway when they say their dog alerted to drugs.

Pretty much.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Oh, relax. It's just one bad apple in the bunch. Even if there is an official policy and method trained into all officers to lie and obfuscate to get what they want it's still just one bad apple and the rest of them are holy warriors fighting the good fight for all the little babies.

Everyday it must get a little harder for police apologists to repeat that tired line: just one bad apple.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Some times it feels like the whole tree is rotten...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Time to chop the whole tree down!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ya this is a convenient excuse for sure. I live in one of the safest cities in Texas and the nation. Never have problems...one night Im woke up to banging on the door and doorbell at about 1am...I get up to hear its the police and they are demanding I open the door. I first refused because I could not see them out the peep hole, they were ducked to the side..I said step out where I can see you before I do anything, one did and I opened the door. They proceed to tell me my garage door was open, the big door not the door to the house, everything else was locked up, but wife left the door open when she parked I guess...anyways I asked so what? He said a neighbor called and said it was open and not normal, and if I had not woken up when I did they would have kicked in the door...I said thats not very smart, thats a good way to get shot. He said did you just threaten me, I said of coarse not, but stating that if you kicked in my door and thats what I woke up to, you had a very good chance of that happening. He could not believe I said that. I said that is a dumb ass reason to kick in a door and cause all this drama over a freaking garage door being open...and that it was a BS excuse and they knew it and to leave. They looked pissed but left..Im sure Im on a list now...heh

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Probably a lot of cops here at ATS and I mean no disrespect to any decent, balanced person working a tough job but the police that I know from the Portland, Gresham and Beaverton Oregon area are some of the more nasty of the brutality bunch.

I wouldn't call on a cop to help with any issue other than a crazed gunman. You're fool hearty if you depend on them for anything else IMHO. This isn't really all that surprising to anyone living in the States I would imagine.

Cheers

reply to: Corruption Exposed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join