It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Were the Devil ......... (Paul Harvey 1965)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Wow did he ever nail the emerging trends of the 60's, those trends are now mainstream today, scary.

"Good is a point of view" - Darth Sidious, Revenge of the Sith
edit on 9-7-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Can we get something a little more substantial for those unable to view YouTube at this time?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yeah, that's scary how he nailed it on the head what is going on today.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
That's the ravings of a Christian Dominionist.

Far be it from me to dissuade somebody of their deeply held religious beliefs, but your religion ends where somebody else's life begins.

Rant all you want about the Devil. Just don't enact theocratic laws telling others to do what your god says.
edit on 9-7-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Funny he doesnt list things such as:

Less war than the world has ever known

Less crime, less murder

Scientific enlightenment/progress

Less disease

Less starvation

etc etc

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Han Solo, shoots first

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"If I were the devil" Or perhaps, Mr Harvey, our world is being screwed by a handful of shrewd businessmen who have done their homework regarding the "market", or world public. Nothing supernatural about it, just an empire established and maintained by some clever individuals who are doing their best to keep us dumber than they are.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Funny he doesnt list things such as:

Less war than the world has ever known

Less crime, less murder

Scientific enlightenment/progress

Less disease

Less starvation

etc etc

Han Solo, shoots first

Seriously? You seriously think we got less war, less disease, less starvation, etc? Hundreds of millions murdered by government-cide in the last century, well on track to break that record this century.

As far as 'what I'd do if I was the devil', I'd merely invent testosterone and then stand back.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Revelations 12: 7-12

War broke out in Heaven. Michael and his Angels fought the Dragon. The Dragon and his Angels fought back, but were no match for Michael. They were cleared out of Heaven, not a sign of them left. The great Dragon—ancient Serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, the one who led the whole earth astray—thrown out, and all his Angels thrown out with him, thrown down to earth. Then I heard a strong voice out of Heaven saying,
Salvation and power are established!
Kingdom of our God, authority of his Messiah!
The Accuser of our brothers and sisters thrown out,
who accused them day and night before God.
They defeated him through the blood of the Lamb
and the bold word of their witness.
They weren’t in love with themselves;
they were willing to die for Christ.
So rejoice, O Heavens, and all who live there,
but doom to earth and sea,
For the Devil’s come down on you with both feet;
he’s had a great fall;
He’s wild and raging with anger;
he hasn’t much time and he knows it.

1 John 5:19

We know that we are from God and that the whole world lies under the control of the evil one.

2 Corinthians 4:4

Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

I think Satan could say in 2014 "mission accomplished'"

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
That's the ravings of a Christian Dominionist.

Far be it from me to dissuade somebody of their deeply held religious beliefs, but your religion ends where somebody else's life begins.

Rant all you want about the Devil. Just don't enact theocratic laws telling others to do what your god says.

I never realized that it was such a terrible thing to pass laws against murder, to state that one should not lie to others and one shouldn't steal from you. If it is such a terrible thing to pass theocratic laws against thievery, then when someone hijacks your car or breaks in your house to steal your play things, then one shouldn't get upset and go to the police or sue someone else because of it.

Let's do away with laws about stealing and murder because those laws come from religions. Fine, you don't believe in God or His laws, but when you are robbed don't expect revenge or vengeance or even retribution by the same laws. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

If all there is for the planet is the natural law of survival of the fittest, and people are mere animals, then nothing is off limits including murder and theft, because those two ensure survival of the fittest. Then there should be nothing wrong with the natural law of killing off the weaker individuals that drag the animalistic society down.

My life begins were natural laws end, no one has the right to view me as a weaker individual that is worthy to be ripped apart at the watering hole. But there is no moral laws in the natural world and really if you replace religious laws with that of nature, then you might be perceived as a weaker individual by another apex predator.

But let me ask this, since you view religious laws as non-beneficial then you will have to replace that with something and so far offer natural law, would you have a problem with the stalking of weaker individuals to kill them off to ensure survival of your own herd or pride?

Let's look at this with maturity and honesty, when it comes to natural law, are you capable of fulfilling what natural laws require of a species to ensure survival of the fittest? Are you willing to spawn offspring of your kind that are genetically predisposed to violent behavior?

If you believe in natural law then you are going to have to accept every facet of natural law that includes murder and theft, because those ensure survival of the fittest.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Seriously? You seriously think we got less war, less disease, less starvation, etc? Hundreds of millions murdered by government-cide in the last century, well on track to break that record this century.

Totally cereal.

As of right now we have less of all the things I listed.

Lol wtf is 'government-cide'?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
Let's do away with laws about stealing and murder because those laws come from religions. Fine, you don't believe in God or His laws, but when you are robbed don't expect revenge or vengeance or even retribution by the same laws. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Do you really think we got to mount sinai without such laws already in place? you think all the humans at that time were murdering and stealing without any consequences or restraints?

Religion had nothing to do with the introduction of such laws and rules to live by, it simply picked them up from human society.

This is most evident by the 'laws' religion chose to include which only concern a gods insecurity.

If you believe in natural law then you are going to have to accept every facet of natural law that includes murder and theft, because those ensure survival of the fittest.

Once more you show your ignorance on the topic of evolution and the term 'survival of the fittest'.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Do you really think we got to mount sinai without such laws already in place? you think all the humans at that time were murdering and stealing without any consequences or restraints?

Religion had nothing to do with the introduction of such laws and rules to live by, it simply picked them up from human society.

This is most evident by the 'laws' religion chose to include which only concern a gods insecurity.

Once more you show your ignorance on the topic of evolution and the term 'survival of the fittest'.

Why is it when complaining about religions the only one you can attack is Judeo/Christianity, when the history of religions are very much older. But that's the first thing people do when talking about religions, singling out one because that's the one people have issues with. That shows a high level of ignorance.

And my understanding of evolution is just fine, methinks people don't want to address what is real when it comes to reducing humans to mere animals. There are implications when doing that.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I never realized that it was such a terrible thing to pass laws against murder, to state that one should not lie to others and one shouldn't steal from you. If it is such a terrible thing to pass theocratic laws against thievery, then when someone hijacks your car or breaks in your house to steal your play things, then one shouldn't get upset and go to the police or sue someone else because of it.

If only you could see how silly you sound when you typed all this.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Why is it when complaining about religions the only one you can attack is Judeo/Christianity, when the history of religions are very much older.

If was to choose to do so, I could 'attack' any religion i choose to, they're all just as ridiculous as one another.

But that's the first thing people do when talking about religions, singling out one because that's the one people have issues with. That shows a high level of ignorance.

Living in the west where christianity is the dominant religion which affects all of us, and due to the fact that it's apparently your religion, is it surprising?

Stop constantly attempting to play the christian victim card, it got old and pointless a long time ago.

I see you're not attempting to deny that your religion nor any religion is responsible for the implementation of our laws....

And my understanding of evolution is just fine, methinks people don't want to address what is real when it comes to reducing humans to mere animals. There are implications when doing that.

Anyone that uses the term 'survival of the fittest' in the context that you use, hasnt even a high school level of understanding of biology and evolution.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Why is it when complaining about religions the only one you can attack is Judeo/Christianity,

Maybe it is because the OP chose to run a pro Christian piece in the religion forum and attribute EVERY perceived (from a staunch Christian perspective) fault in modern society, on a Christian Bad Guy.

Simple, huh?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I must admit that considering the times when those words were spoken this guy has foretold what the devil, the bad people , the good capitalists, the business men, the djinns, the dark overlords, the lizard people, the ones who live in the center of earth, what ever you want to call them, you can say what you want. But all those problems spoken of in the video are there regardless if the devil is responsible or not what he said is now and happening.

These are problems of today, doesn't matter who created them. I could compare this to the the chemtrail believers VS the contrail:

"Chemtrail are a figment of your imagination!"
"No, they are not! Look there they hang in the skies!"
"Those are contrails!"
"Ok, maybe they are, BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE and impacting the environment."
"They are not chemical."
"But, the sun rays are affected by these lingering artificial clouds."
"Chemtrails are fake told you so!"

See what I mean?

new topics

top topics

join