It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neon Genesis Evangelion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hi, my name is Amber and I'm here to let you know that Neon Genesis Evangelion is the best show I have ever watched.
I want to talk about how its very interesting to me and it has a lot of biblical stuff in it. I don't know, I just really want to have a thread to talk about it, because its my favorite thing ever. If you haven't watched it yet, you need to. Also I want to discuss explanations of how the show is like that. Like why is there Adam, why is there this, why is there that. Everything. Go go go.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
thank you very much for the information about the show.

to get more information and to spread your view a bit I suggest a historical debate between Ahmed Deedat Vs. Jimmy Swaggart, both very respected in their respective fields.
(well, one of them was later caught with prostitute but it just makes it more interesting...)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

I have the 2.2 version. What do you want to discuss?
I have seen the entire series, both t.v. and movies.
and if i can't answer you quickly, i can just watch it over and over.lol

Fire!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Don't own a television. Rarely watch it. I've read the Bible 3 times, the Quran once, the Baghvad Gida, the Bardo Thodol, The Book of The Subgenius, the Principia Discordia, the Satanic Bible, countless books on various Occult subjects...it all strikes me as nonsense.
edit on 8-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: correction

edit on 8-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Hi sir, my question is: does the idea of the events occurring in this anime, possibly happening in real life, scare the # out of you? Also, where did the angels come from and why were they attacking earth? ALSO, please explain what happened after 2nd impact. I did not understand the 3.00 movie, but maybe that is because I read it in subtitles.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

evangelion is kind of a modern retelling of the bible except its really #ed up and makes you cry a lot

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlueShiroux

evangelion is kind of a modern retelling of the bible except its really #ed up and makes you cry a lot

You may try digging into the writings of Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung. You'll see that there are common threads running through all of the religions and mythical tales.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I've heard of both, not sure how. Evangelion is different, though. It has a lot of psychological stuff in it. It's impossible to watch it and not be able to relate to any of the characters.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I'll give it a shot, when I get a chance, based on your recommendation. I need a second line, so I'll add a recommendation...Terry Gilliam's 'Tideland.' I've found that it's too weird for most people, but it hits me right in the soft spot.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'll look into it.
What exactly is it about?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlueShiroux

I'll look into it.
What exactly is it about?

It's not easy to find a copy. From what I've gathered Gilliam payed for it out of his own pocket. It got very poor distribution. It is loosely based on 'Alice in Wonderland.' The basic premise is a young girl living in a decrepit house in the middle of nowhere after her parents have died. Her imagination is the larger part of her world. The script, acting, and cinematography are superb. Here's the trailer.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

1) Well, I don't see the exact thing happening, but yes, this is very disturbing. "We" are constantly at war against "Angles"(spiritual enlightening)

2) I believe the origin of the angles remains mystery because it reflexes how little humans understand spiritually and still rely on technology.

3) 2nd Impact was a failed, incomplete "transcendence" that completely obliterated a lot of species, hence the need for ocean purifiers.

The commander of Nerve tried to use technology to transcend and save this planet (hence the huge cross gimmy) So he used "His" One and Only "Son" to achieve this in 2.22

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Alright, now I don't really have any questions, so you can ask me some or maybe we can just discuss the interesting parts of the show in general. But wait actually I have a few others: in 3.33 why is it 15 years later, where is Gendo, and what the hell exactly is going on in general?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have a lot of catching up to do before I can have any meaningful discussion. The bits I've found on line seem interesting.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

to get more information and to spread your view a bit I suggest a historical debate between Ahmed Deedat Vs. Jimmy Swaggart, both very respected in their respective fields.
(well, one of them was later caught with prostitute but it just makes it more interesting...)

That version is also edited at the end to make Swaggert appear to say something he did not, specifically at 2:30 +/- a few seconds and I didn't look after that due to time. Up until then other than the text edits it was apparently unedited. Which it was agreed upon by the participants that any copy may be produced in full without editing to make one like the version you have put up. The editorial agreement was just a few minutes before. Anyway, one can edit Deedat to make him say things he did not actually say. How would you feel about that? If you are going to put out thing on ATS, I would think it only fair to Deny Ignorance by not putting out edited versions which create a lie because of the edits. It makes one appear to be ok with lying because of your beliefs and I am sure that is not what your intent was.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Couldn't get into Evangelion.

Either way the best anime that's ever existed is "Cowboy Bebop".

Actually that's one of my favorite shows in general. It makes everything else pale in comparison.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ep. 26 of Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of the greatest insights into human consciousness I have seen in any show.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

see you space cowboy

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

originally posted by: demus

That version is also edited at the end to make Swaggert appear to say something he did not, specifically at 2:30 +/- a few seconds and I didn't look after that due to time. Up until then other than the text edits it was apparently unedited. Which it was agreed upon by the participants that any copy may be produced in full without editing to make one like the version you have put up. The editorial agreement was just a few minutes before. Anyway, one can edit Deedat to make him say things he did not actually say. How would you feel about that? If you are going to put out thing on ATS, I would think it only fair to Deny Ignorance by not putting out edited versions which create a lie because of the edits. It makes one appear to be ok with lying because of your beliefs and I am sure that is not what your intent was.

I am not aware of the edit or not edit.

the whole debate speak for itself and I don't think anyone had to manipulate Jimmy's words.

everyone interested should watch the debate so let them see for themselves, there are multiple versions available if someone thinks this version is not so good.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well, we can discuss about why they never introduces other Evas from around the globe? I feel if was necessary that only a few fight to acceded through the emotional barrier and Transcend. Still, it would be awesome to see allot more Evas.

Why didn't the main guy just get with all 3 girls??? It seems like they were all into him at some point. damn anime themes making the main character blind to advancements ( they don't have to show the henti, just hint to the fact that it happened. would have brought more drama and emotion possibly to the series.)

Answer) like everything in life, it is a big circle. Beginning and End. 15 yrs later was just another cycle to begin and cleanse the earth. Gendo could have died or moved to another base. 3.33 was prolly the most confusing of them all. I believe i read somewhere that he never realy finished the series properly, hence the massive ???????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join