It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant man builds portable homes out of trash!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
a reply to: Char-Lee

Oh boy, of course the problem is drugs and alcohol. No human could possibly develop any sort of mental fortitude strong enough to preserve their character when exposed to these demonic "drugs," nor could they ever resist doing them in the first place. Our entire human society is incoherent, mostly corrupt, and entirely destructive whether or not any body is "on the pot" or "getting sloshed."

Since my brother died at age 42 homeless because of drugs even though he had a multi-million a year business as a contractor building upper scale homes, and my oldest sister (genius IQ, educated) after they closed mental health hospitals would not take her meds and stay off drugs and alcohol she was homeless, all the Family interviened at various times gave them places to live it was to no avail because we could not get them off the alcohol and drugs.

This is a HUGE part of homelessness and it seems from the lack of stars to my post most people have little understanding of this.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I have a feeling that if we could rehabilitate the banksters and convince them to put people before profit, it would not take to long before we could put a system in place that would motivate people who have become homeless to have more personal responsibility.

You raise a good point, that being of the way that we handle drug/alcohol problems. The money spent on our current War on Drugs model designed to fill prisons would also be diverted to providing rehab for the victims of addiction.

Homelessness is the result of many different issues, so simply giving them a home is not the answer, the answer must from the collective and people like the man this thread is about are leading the charge!

When there was county hospitals they took in and helped medicate and detox the wandering people who were picked up and taken there. It was a good thing because they were not on the streets and they had to work to get better to get released. When released they were helped by halfway houses and other funded projects which were completely removed back in what late 80s?

We need this kind of program for the mentally ill and drug and alcohol addicted, the rest of the homeless are much easier to help as they are working with you not against you.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
awww what a nice idea. i think they should be a bit bigger so a toilet of some kind, can be incorporated. maybe have 2 floors. one that is just a bed, and the other containing storage for their most prize possessions and a toilet. maybe just a small crawl space above the main floor, where the goodies can be stashed, and a makeshift toilet inset into the floor, that can then be closed up and the bedding put back over it on the main floor.

thinking...

Lol you mentioned toilet 3 times! A person after my own heart!

The thing is, it seems impossible, the toilet would need to be cared for either chemicals or emptied somewhere. I have seen what happens when they try to provide toilets for homeless, they become trashed within a short time. One had feces spread over the walls and even the ceiling, In my area they simply decided to destroy the ones the built, it was a sadly disgusting.

This is a HUGE factor as we are talking about the spread of disease, they use the bushes and alleys in cities and it is probably the biggest problem when it comes to health. no water to wash and no toilets and the ones who will not let others have these things provided without destroying them are the problem. Back again to drugs and alcohol and some needing mental health drugs.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Tough times for your family
you have a insight into this issue that many of us do not.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, maybe one day people will develop a society where your value is based on something other than how much money you have. I've always disliked the term homeless; the Earth is our home. What we mean is house-less. And until we figure out how to stop reproducing with reckless abandon, these types of problems are only going to get worse. Instead of encouraging people at a young age to exercise, eat real food, meditate, gain confidence in themselves and flourish, our society encourages people to do whatever it takes to increase your bank account, no matter who or what you step on, and fix all your problems with a pill or a pint. It's nothing but hypnotic alcohol ads on the idiot box and those with a weak mental foundation can't cope with life and resist. Well guess what, there isn't enough "stuff" for every single one of 7+ billion to have a mansion, yacht, two cars and a green lawn. There just isn't.
edit on 8-7-2014 by centhwevir1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
Well, maybe one day people will develop a society where your value is based on something other than how much money you have. I've always disliked the term homeless; the Earth is our home. What we mean is house-less. And until we figure out how to stop reproducing with reckless abandon, these types of problems are only going to get worse. Instead of encouraging people at a young age to exercise, eat real food, meditate, gain confidence in themselves and flourish, our society encourages people to do whatever it takes to increase your bank account, no matter who or what you step on, and fix all your problems with a pill or a pint. It's nothing but hypnotic alcohol ads on the idiot box and those with a weak mental foundation can't cope with life and resist. Well guess what, there isn't enough "stuff" for every single one of 7+ billion to have a mansion, yacht, two cars and a green lawn. There just isn't.

actually, the liveable surface of the planet that isn't populated by humans, is enormous, and as our tech advances, the more areas will become accessible as well. in addition, the colonization of space is a feasible reality that we've decided as a society to pretend isn't possible, while the elite make themselves little floating fortresses and vacation homes with unearthly views. then we sit here and quote to each other that there's just too many people (brainwashed to believe that it isn't good or possible for humans to expand into space, even though the worst of us, already is expanding into space at the expense of literally, everyone else).

i don't buy for five seconds that we have a population problem. in fact, the fertility rate of the planet is so bad now, that in less than 50 years, 50% of the current population will not be replaced, dropping the population by half. china killed an entire generation of female children, so did india, the japanese are not reproducing fast enough to replace the current generation and caucasians are going extinct.
edit on 9-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

That's just fine if you don't mind living in a hive 1300 stories high into the urban sprawl. I like wide open spaces, serenity, sleeping under the stars, and observing animals that are not in a zoo. I suppose you don't view light pollution as a problem? Just a guess. And humans spreading beyond the Earth is absolutely the most terrifying thing I can imagine.
edit on 10-7-2014 by centhwevir1979 because: caucasians going "extinct" is a result of human technological advances, btw

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How have these people been able to keep their homes? Where are these buildings being placed where they are actually legal? There is no mention of it in the article. I'm sure if there aren't a few already most cities would create some kind of ordinance to remove them. I know a man in downtown Olympia who had his "tent on wheels" taken from him.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

but the elite already are spreading out among the stars and planets. and then they teach us that we are so horrible, that we should not be out among the stars and planets. yet, they are the ones who make all the horrible decisions, the wars, the propaganda, the holocausts, etc.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
originally posted by Undo

i don't buy for five seconds that we have a population problem. in fact, the fertility rate of the planet is so bad now, that in less than 50 years, 50% of the current population will not be replaced, dropping the population by half.

Sterilization is the key to the 1%'s that are driven to meet the Georgia Stone population quota. Nix the one's deemed "unfit" to populate the earth again with themselves. Must be something cataclysmic involved to only allow for such a small populace tho, you think?

Downsizing to smaller dwellings and self-sustainability is getting much attention these days. There's a man in Texas, artist turned builder that is helping the house-less build homes out of repurposed materials. A local business gave up some acreage for him to build at least 20 homes on. There are various types of alternative housing materials to be used if you can get past building, zoning etc. Get enough people together that are interested buy some land start a community and include the house-less. Given a purpose, the apathy can be transformed into hope, purpose and direction. I think it would be fun to be a part of something like that. I'd recently seen on PBS a local artist featured, who for seven years struggled with addiction and mental health issues, before she released from her demons to discover her talent and purpose. Shamefully, I admit to feeling apathetic and hopeless at times, when I see the reality of things and I have a roof over my head. Now, imagine that amplified by being house-less.

I'm talking about communion, not a survivalist TV show where manipulation and "outwitting" others gets rewarded. The reward that comes from being inclusive and caring. Can it be done? Dark times are upon us, we need more light in this world to dispel it, if were going to survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join