It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brilliant man builds portable homes out of trash!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
Now if only the illegals crossing the border would respond in kind instead of just leaving their trash and excrement on ranchers land maybe there would be a little more sympathy for them. Granted, they couldn't exactly squat on ranchers land but since they are being provided so much help relevant to transportation these days, why not pack up their trash and take it with them and then build dwellings similar as this article mentioned when they arrive at their new destination.. Maybe folks would feel more understanding then...though really, the illegal invasion is perhaps too much of a problem for a myriad of reasons...just sayin. Housing is the least of it. The entire problem is one for us all and the entire country.

Stop calling human beings "illegal." It pisses me off. We are all stuck on this planet until we master space travel.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Iam not a fella whom cares much about houses as long as I have a bed Iam happy.
I have been thinking of building something like this to put in my woodland I now own.
Great idea for homeless p[eople.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Indeed it is a shameful atrocity and it speaks to how far we have come from our true nature. The whole idea of humanity being inherently evil is such a misguided notion. Currently we have system that teaches immorality from the get go.

We are taught that wealth is financial, our possessions define us, and success is a combination of the two. The reality is that we are all far more than these materialistic limitations. We have simply forgotten, well encouraged to forget. True wealth is how you treat one another, your character defines you and success is the love you create.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

Not really sure how this fits into this thread so I am going not going to respond to this, plenty of other threads to discuss the issue you are raising.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Brilliant idea .. good to see someone actually do something worthwhile to help out those who are in need rather than look the other way and pretend they dont exist as so many do ..

also rather nice creative design on the houses he builds for them.

Maybe others will learn from his example and start helping as well ..

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The fact that there are human beings who have no shelter from the elements or food to eat is a shameful atrocity. It puts a lack of empathy in the human species on display. Call me a commie.

You commie!!! You dirty Ronda Rousey lover!!!

Ok so how many homes could be had for the homeless for the amount of money being spent on programs to help illegals coming across the border today? We waste more money on useless nonsense in this country, that could be used for the homeless. The problem is there is no political brownie points for helping Americans that are homeless. If the politicians had any huevos and didn't care about brownie points for reelections this could be a easy fix, and should be an easy fix. But noooo we have to spend 100's of millions on illegals right now.

Call me anything you want but late to dinner.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I used to live under a tree, on a roundabout (that is a traffic control measure more familiar to the British Isles than the US, although there are a few of them in the States). My only shelter, aside from the leaves on the ancient tree, was a thick trench coat. I was there for about a year. I passed that time without feeling particularly bad about my situation, because I was protected from the rain by the surrounding foliage, kept warm by the bio processes of the vegetation and the insect life in the area, and my coat was thick leather, which kept the worst of the wind and cold off during the colder months, and made a great blanket to lay upon during summer. I found the experience much less harrowing, now that I look back upon it, than one might expect.

However, if you had said to me back then "Here is a prefabricated shelter. It has a roof, a door, walls, and a facility which will allow you to perform basic hygiene rituals without being interrupted or observed!" I would have jumped on that faster than Mario on a bunch of Goombas.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thank you for sharing your story! You must have learned quite a bit in that year under the tree. I like the way you reflect upon your experience, especially the description of the ancient tree. I imagine you absorbed a far amount of wisdom from that tree, your appreciation of its eco-system potentially part of it!

However, if you had said to me back then "Here is a prefabricated shelter. It has a roof, a door, walls, and a facility which will allow you to perform basic hygiene rituals without being interrupted or observed!" I would have jumped on that faster than Mario on a bunch of Goombas.

Precisely my point, it would have been a hell of a luxury!
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amMonday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Always better than outside with the rain / snow / wind directly on you.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Could we maybe help the homeless more efficiently if we found homes for them?
Putting people in mobile coffins is hardly a kind solution...however the bleep green.....

Yes but the big question is who pays the rent, we would be further ahead finding jobs for the homeless that will allow them to rent their own apartments and pay their own bills. NAFTA, CAFTA and GATT (WTO) have put a lot of people on the streets. Maybe even throw in some training in job skills.
Just my two cents.
Star and Flag

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Thank you for putting this up, this is a wonderful human being whom is doing a fantastic thing, in one stroke he both highlight's the plight of this poor people and he shames the wealthiest nation on earth that is letting it's own people live like stray dog's kicked out and left to die.
I am not america but I do not like critisizing america as the vast majority of americans are in by belief decent honest people and they have more than once pulled others out of the fire at there own risk but on that issue it is critical that those people are helped, they can be productive members of society but we all need a little help from time to time and if they recieve no help then it is a innevitable downward spiral for most of them.
God bless him and God bless they whom he helps as well as those whom he can not help but would if he could.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I think it's wonderful that people are trying to help the homeless like this. I would just be concerned with the winter months and snowstorms. I don't know how well they would stand up.

We definitely need real shelter like small pod apartments because these people need to use real bathrooms and have a place to get clean. Where to they go to use a toilet? Some alley I would bet. Plus there is the problem that you are going to be on someones property so will be told to leave more then likely!

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: stirling

Well there is no doubt that the number of homeless is way below the number of empty homes.

www.truthdig.com...

There is the solution for efficiency, they are already built. However good luck getting bankers to release the homes they stole from people.

This is not the point, the point here is that someone is doing something! To those that are in the streets with nothing else those mobile coffins are most assuredly a solution.

We have to be realistic, if you have even known any of the homeless, you would know many many of them could never maintain living in a home, they would simply destroy the place.
I actually knew a guy who was given a home in Sacramento, it even had a pool, it was in a year so covered in filth and trash that a group of people with trucks worked 3 days just to haul to the dump. The carpets and floors had to be removed altogether...the problem DRUGS and ALCOHOL...it leaves people not caring enough to do more than live for the next fix. Them there are mental health problems and the result is the same, get them a place to live and they go back to the street.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The fact that there are human beings who have no shelter from the elements or food to eat is a shameful atrocity. It puts a lack of empathy in the human species on display. Call me a commie.

i can't speak for any other area, but here in San Francisco we have Glide Memorial Church. They run a dining hall for people who would not have anything to eat otherwise. The only requirement is that you get there early enough to stand in line to get in, while the food lasts.
It's a simple deal, you go in & eat, with no religious preaching, & respect shown to those who can behave civilly. Having been in the prep kitchen & served meals in the past, I also got to eat there. The food is good, not castoffs in any way.

While there are homeless shelters here (again the only requirement is to stand in line for a daily chit to get in), there are problems with that part of the situation. According to some homeless I've talked with, many of them won't use the shelters because of issues with bullying & having their stuff taken from them by others. I'm not sure if that's the case at all of the shelters, but it is with some, according to the guys with whom I spoke.

There are other places like Glide, in other areas of the country; at least I would hope so. This one particular institution runs on donations, & serves an awful lot of food in a week, so I don't see much apathy in that. Glide is one of the things that still endears this crazy city to me, even after all the years I've lived here. SF's hear beat may not be what it was, but it's still there.
edit on 7/7/2014 by BuzzCory because: Better choice of words

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Oh boy, of course the problem is drugs and alcohol. No human could possibly develop any sort of mental fortitude strong enough to preserve their character when exposed to these demonic "drugs," nor could they ever resist doing them in the first place. Our entire human society is incoherent, mostly corrupt, and entirely destructive whether or not any body is "on the pot" or "getting sloshed."

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzCory
I respect your noble efforts. I am currently stuck in the boonies. If I have no cash and no food, I have to go gather it from Nature.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You are welcome and thank you for your contribution! It absolutely speaks to what our potential to help can be.

America is quite the country. I am from here and do not wish to speak ill, most people here are decent. However the level of apathy that stems from willful ignorance is troubling. Myself included, I used to live in the suburbs of Chicago. I had moved there from a smaller town and I never got used to walking past the homeless people. It never felt right, but everyone does it and everyone develops the attitude--"it is their fault, their is nothing you can do for them, they will just spend it on drugs/alcohol" It is a strange thing indeed when you simply make direct eye contact with them, ask about themselves, they all have a story to tell, more often than not 5 minutes of your time, a fellow human being with genuine care will offer them more hope than 100$'s they would waste away.

The answer to this question is not simple by any means, however it begins with dialogue, innovation, and a desire to stop accepting this as the way it is. That is the logic the 1% have created in a highly successful attempt to deflect the true root of our current problem. A system in place to maintain their control over the masses while using social engineering and psychology to manipulate the masses into blaming themselves!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I have a feeling that if we could rehabilitate the banksters and convince them to put people before profit, it would not take to long before we could put a system in place that would motivate people who have become homeless to have more personal responsibility.

You raise a good point, that being of the way that we handle drug/alcohol problems. The money spent on our current War on Drugs model designed to fill prisons would also be diverted to providing rehab for the victims of addiction.

Homelessness is the result of many different issues, so simply giving them a home is not the answer, the answer must from the collective and people like the man this thread is about are leading the charge!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
awww what a nice idea. i think they should be a bit bigger so a toilet of some kind, can be incorporated. maybe have 2 floors. one that is just a bed, and the other containing storage for their most prize possessions and a toilet. maybe just a small crawl space above the main floor, where the goodies can be stashed, and a makeshift toilet inset into the floor, that can then be closed up and the bedding put back over it on the main floor.

thinking...
edit on 8-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Exactly! This is what we need and I bet you those that have been given one of these home that go on to help will be bringing forth the very ideas you listed!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join