It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 minutes of your time should be spent here! (Or 5 if you are lazy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hey guys! It has been a while since I posted anything or even did much on ATS--2 years in fact! I have been very busy though, 3 jobs and 19 credit hours of pure math at a time can take a toll on ones' soul after a semester or two, let alone four since I have been ATS active… Anyway, with my classes done for now and handling only 2 jobs, I have been able to spend a little time on my other passion, MUSIC. I have composed quite a few in my lifetime, about 200 songs. Of course, 140 of them are just novelties at this point in time, I am just recently beginning to find more depth and maturity in my writing. I composed this 9 part, 22 minute long piece and would love to get some thoughts on it. I would consider these musics to be more or less "completed" however i am currently in the process of trying to find a guitarist to ACTUALLY play the guitar for me in the places I have one (you can only fake so much with piano skills, a keyboard, and a guitar synth).

Please let me know what you think, but also please enjoy yourself!

(All parts can be found on the page linked to below. If you are lazy, I at least urge you to listen to parts I-IV, which are combined less than ten minutes long)
Rebirth

A couple of secrets to these 9 parts--All of them are in F major, a key typically used in calm music and lullabies, and the whole thing is set around the concept of the human heart beat at rest (multiples of 80 bpm). Before you say anything about musical inspiration, I will say that Floyd certainly was an influence here, though there are a plethora of other artists that I derive inspiration from as well, feel free to ask.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PhysicsAdept

I will admit I didn't listen to all the parts as there is something about electronic music that grates on my nerves. I need live instruments, and I know you are looking. I won't deny the talent and effort that could be heard in what I did listen too.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: PhysicsAdept
I played them all at once. Interesting.
Seriously though relaxing sounds.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ANTHONY33

All at once? Very interesting…. I want to try this. The trick would be to make sure they all start on the first downbeat of each song--they are all at the same tempo, so that could work… Then again, making a deliberate stagger on them could produce interesting results as well.

New ideas… new ideas...

new topics

top topics

join