It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weirdest video you'll see today…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
… well, maybe not, but it's gotta rank up there. It's Metallica's response to Twitter dopes complaining about James Hetfield being on a hunting show.

Source article: ‘Well trolled, Metallica’: Band pokes back at anti-hunting whiners

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Well that will have to be the weirdest thing I have seen in a while. My god aside from the bass player they are all old farts now. I gave up on Metallica after the black album they lost their original sound after Cliff died IMO. I feel lucky to have seen a Master of Puppets concert in the day. Now I have no interest in seeing them again. I know it would be a disappointment.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

We're all old farts now, Grimpachi

Agreed that the black album was the last good one, but they had a heck of a run from Kill 'em All through … and Justice For All.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Well that will have to be the weirdest thing I have seen in a while. My god aside from the bass player they are all old farts now. I gave up on Metallica after the black album they lost their original sound after Cliff died IMO. I feel lucky to have seen a Master of Puppets concert in the day. Now I have no interest in seeing them again. I know it would be a disappointment.

Exactly true, When Cliff died, they changed. Lars became more of a director than a member of a band. I've said it all along, Cliff was the soul of the band, he'd be very disappointed to see how they went from being about music, to being about money. all shiny and inked up and saint anger... what a poxy album that was...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

We're all old farts now, Grimpachi

Maybe so but if I had their money I wouldn't look it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

If I remember correctly Cliff had attended Berklee music college and he understood harmonics which really shown in both the Ride the lightning and Master of Puppets albums. The music sounded so good that James'es screaming lyrics fit perfect.

Honestly I was hating that James decided to actually(or try) to sing. One of the things I loved was how the music was in your face screaming.

I tried to listen to saint anger once....once. lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That video doesnt even make sense haha....although the good bad and the ugly is my favorite western...

Metallica was my favorite band growing up...im one of the few to even say Load was still a decent album. After that it was awful times for metallica however Death Magnet or whatever it was called had some good music but James' vocals were a bit rough.

I think they were still a great band even without Cliff. The black album was pretty bad ass and after over a decade they decided to shake things up a bit..I can't blame them...you need knew ideas..they just werent as good.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Old farts or not, I love Metallica! They can still rock!

new topics

top topics

join