It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving The Homeless New Shoes and Shirt Off Back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not sure if i posted this in the right forum.

I don't really have to much to say on this other than i found it quite moving. I am also unsure if he was just doing this to get some more views on his YouTube channel or not. I would like to think he just is a pure spirit and has no other motive behind his compassionate actions.

YouTube
edit on 7/1/2014 by shaneslaughta because: Linky

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

While noble and kind why do they need to film this?
Many do things like this everyday but don't need the recognition of actually doing it.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I just like to think that he is trying to teach others to be compassionate and caring. Some learn by hearing, some by doing and some by watching.

I guess its just my optimistic side coming out today.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You mean all my tax dollars for the bazillion government programs aren't working? Imagine that....

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Nice way a Prankster made easy money.

hes most viewed video is just over 300k over a year ago.
So it might be ( I hope it was) genuine, but going by other youtube videos of "Pranksters" doing things like this i think it was for the money..

i mean 4 million views is about $5k
Just ask scott D. www.imponderablethings.com...

Like others have said. why film it if it was from the heart...
why sit down and watch them put on the shoes? what's with the end part? he didn't want to really hug the guy, but he knew he was getting filmed...

I really hope it was real. but these days.. i just don't know.

edit on 1-7-2014 by Fisherr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr

Like others have said. why film it if it was from the heart...
why sit down and watch them put on the shoes? what's with the end part? he didn't want to really hug the guy, but he knew he was getting filmed...

I really hope it was real. but these days.. i just don't know.

I understand totally where your coming from. From my point of view you have to show people how to act.
Lead by example, and it takes some witnesses or a video to show people.

Of course i can see the other side of the coin. I am quite familiar with YouTube and Google ad sense programs to make money off of your original content.

I'm hoping that he is genuine. I am going on on a limb here with a little faith. Something my girlfriend says i need to find.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Replying to 1) let you know that people DO read and respond to your posts
and 2) I agree with others that it seems a bit weird that you'd video yourself doing something like this.

Let's keep up a good mood and say either A) he didn't know he was being video'd or B) as you mentioned, maybe it is for other people to see and try to emulate!

TD

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If people can be inspired to hate one another through stupid, senseless, egocentric television shows, than HOPEFULLY those same ignorant people can shed their skin and be inspired through a positive, filmed and shared act of kindness.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Where I live, most of the so called homeless are drug addicts or alcoholics looking to get easy money for their next fix. I don't mind giving to the homeless, but i've been suckered in one too many times. I had the same guy approach me for money who gave me the same sob story he gave me in a park a few weeks before. When I called him on it, he tried telling me I was confusing him with someone else!

People are holding up cardboard signs near the same intersections everyday asking for money. The majority of people just drive on by knowing the gig is getting old.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
One snowy evening this past winter I saw a 20 something young man outside the grocery store, panhandling in sodden canvas running shoes, one of which with a mostly detached sole. I gave him a little cash and questioned him to make sure he had a roof over his head.

I can't imagine how awful it must be to be out on a snowy, slushy night with soaking wet and freezing feet.

I took my groceries home and grabbed some warm dry wool worksocks and a pair of hiking boots which I hadn't worn for a while and zipped back to the store with them. I also brought a hand towel for the guy to dry his feet before changing into dry socks.

He really was a good person who'd been injured in an accident and was unable to work.

I felt much better on my way home the second time.

edit on -05:0031147562014-07-02T02:56:31-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Good for you, you good Samaritan you!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: Psynic

Good for you, you good Samaritan you!

Thanks.

I saw him again a while later. He actually rounds up the carts and makes sure there's one at the entrance, which is a pretty useful thing to do.

I asked if I could grab him anything from inside and he quickly responded that he'd really like some ground beef and a loaf of bread, because he wanted to make spaghetti, so I said "no problem".

Another fellow my age was entering the store and had overheard the exchange.

"I'll grab the bread and butter if you want to get him the ground beef" he offered. I thanked him and agreed.

I thought that was pretty amazing of this stranger.

I threw in some fresh grated Parmesan and an onion to go with it.

top topics

join