It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous Cardiac Surgeon’s Stories of Near Death Experiences in Surgery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I took care of post cardiac surgery patients for many years!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, very interesting.

I feel our body is a tool that our conscience
uses usually until the body dies. Then the conscience
moves on.

Everyone nice job staying civil.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Thanks for posting this, very interesting.

I feel our body is a tool that our conscience
uses usually until the body dies. Then the conscience
moves on.

Everyone nice job staying civil.

I really wonder, how do you explain that ~13,000 years ago population is estimated to be around 3 million, and today we have over 7 billion people - where all those new conscience come from, do animal have them as well, and how they come to be... so many questions...

Just for comparison, in 2011 there was around 56 million deaths, 134 million births - where extra came from...

Reincarnation idea might be good for those that don't do well with math... or logic.
edit on 3-7-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
[
He being so smart does not have nothing to with truth, does it? In this case, he can believe that has past 20 minutes, where it could be 1 or 2 minutes, couldn't be? Can he prove it without actual video? There is no actual evidence to any of claims - except his word - and sorry, but his word is just not enough...

I think you are confusing truth and evidence, they are different. If this man was in a court of law he could testify as an expert witness, his testimony would be considered more valuable than mine or yours. Doesn't prove anything at the end of the day, but I never said his opinion was fact, just very compelling.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

NDE=New"Dimethyltryptamine"Experience? So there are NDEs and then there are NDEs. I came back from one NDE having a completely different view of the world and how it works.

Here is a link to one of my favorite stories regarding the OP.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist
Always makes me wonder. How do they "watch" above the table with no physical eyes? Very interesting though, thankyou.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Maybe were of one conscience but living out the many possibilities in a simulator?

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

They understand some of the serotonin and Ht receptors the molecule binds to but why it works the way it does and how it produces such strong effects that mimic a reality that seems so life like and profound is a mystery.

I agree. Another mystery is why the molecule is naturally present in the human body. What is it’s purpose?

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Almost all of the thing commonly associated with NDE have also been described by people who illegally take dimethyltryptamine. These experiences are absolutely indistinguishable from reality and it sometimes changes the life of the people who experience it with many of them suddenly becoming very spiritual or believers in god etc

Dimethyltryptamine is a naturally occurring substance in the body. it has been proven that it is sometimes created in large quantities by the pineal gland when a person is under extreme stress at or near the point of death.

I think NDE is just a natural process caused by the brain releasing Dimethyltryptamine. Coincidentally the effects of Dimethyltryptamine last for 10-20 mins as the bodies natural MAOI's metabolize the chemical extremely quickly.

This is what I think too after watching and reading about this topic over the past couple years. Before I got to your reply on this thread I was going to go look up dimethyltryptamine because I couldn't remember what it's called, but knew about it and where to look.

When I was younger I was really scared of death, the actual state of being dead, but I had no concept of the process of dying. Dying didn't seem scary. Being dead...seemed scary. As I've gotten older, I am not at all afraid of being dead, but I hope that my dying experience is either quick or at least not traumatic. When I read about these kinds of experiences mentioned in the OP, it doesn't make me think comforting thoughts of an afterlife, but I really hope that at least for a lot of us, when it's our time to go....our brains find a way to help us along without feeling traumatized.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Join members Signalfire, Madmac5150, jacygirl, Comfortablynumb, and Druid42 this Monday @ 10pm EST as they discuss this topic.

Visit the ATS Live Forum for more information.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good.

Here's another article I wrote on this subject goes over the philosophy behind it in a little more detail.

www.libertariannews.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
you really need to weed through a lot of BS when it comes to this subject . but just the amount of testimonies tells me there some thing really interesting going on , no matter what your stance on the subject is . reply to: swinggal

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join