It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner Says No Immigration Vote This Year, Obama to Pursue Executive Actions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

President Obama plans to announce a new effort to make unilateral changes to the country's immigration system after Speaker John Boehner told the president the House will not vote on an immigration overhaul this year, a senior White House official said.

Once again Emperor Obama doesn't get his way so he rules by royal decree. We need to stop this madman before it is too late. Executive decree used to be used for minor policy changes by the executive branch before the reign of Obama. Now they are used to circumvent the Constitution and Congress.

Source

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's still June and the house refuses to have a vote on immigration until next year? Maybe they could do their job.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

"America cannot wait forever for them to act," Obama said from the Rose Garden. He said he's launching a new effort to "fix as much of our immigration system as I can, on my own, without Congress."

Funny thing here?

The last potus tried to pass immigration 'reform'.

But it got shot down.

www.nytimes.com...

Guess who held the senate majority at the time ?

Anyone ?

This could have been handled 7 years ago.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now it's Mr Preidents whose got a pen and phone!

All hail the great emperor!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Talk of immigration "reform" is like talk about gays, abortion or economy. It goes on endlessly without any real movement towards a resolution. Endless mudslinging across the hall in full media view bores us to death, just as it is designed to do.

But watch when they need a new aircraft carrier or billions to subvert anther countries political process.

Carte Blanche, signed into law on the fast track without so much as a peep.

Theres your sign…

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
He is right! I am not a fan of his pen and a phone thing but here I am.
Every one cries about how he is not doing anything, and now he is going to and people are still mad?
And don't come back with being mad at how he is doing it.
If our congress wants to keep blocking the damn reform then is on the president to do something about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I heard (and was very angry) at the POS (president of states) Obama's BS talking points

the immigration blanket Amnesty is something to avoid altogether...
I am peeved that on the independence weekend the POS Obama intend to issue a blanket order
that all immigrant service-people will be granted automatic Naturalization...

that means the wives, children , possibly more family, will be automatically granted citizenship by order-of-the- Caesar/King/Potentate/Caliph (whatever this POS Oval-Office-Occupier) thinks he is to the American-Constitutional System of Laws

the Congress must completely block Immigration Reform.... which will Undoubtedlyhave all the BS of his 'signature' ObamaCare Reform

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
He is right! I am not a fan of his pen and a phone thing but here I am.
Every one cries about how he is not doing anything, and now he is going to and people are still mad?
And don't come back with being mad at how he is doing it.
If our congress wants to keep blocking the damn reform then is on the president to do something about it.

How are they blocking it?

Seriously how? Since the get go the House wanted to address border security FIRST!! Harry Reid and Obama are the ones BLOCKING moving forward!

Let me ask you this? If Obama and Harry would have addressed border security first, would we be having this "CRISIS" now?

This is Cloward and Piven at it's finest moment! Cherish it and remember this *opportunity* as Nancy Pelosi prefers to call it!

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What's even more 'funny'.

Is that from 2008 to 2010 the presidents party held both houses, and the executive.

They could have done immigration 'reform' then.

They chose not to.

They chose healthcare, and it massively backfired that kicked the house of Rep in to the red column.

Which 'created' Mr. Pen and his phone.
edit on 30-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So Reid is stopping every one?
Is he the one stopping John Boehner? The whole article is about john....
Obama can either sign/veto the bill that gets to him or he can use his pen and the phone.
No bills are making to to him, so he is taking option B.
We can't just keep complaining about nothing happening, and then when something does happen, we complain about that.
edit on thMon, 30 Jun 2014 15:44:09 -0500America/Chicago620140980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There doesn't need to be reform.

Immigration LAW works like it is suppose to.

What is not working like it is suppose to is that LAW being 'FAITHFULLY' ENFORCED.

People need to knock before they come in this house, and get permission.

Amnesty is giving people who willfully broke the law a trophy for showing up.

Banker robbers don't get a prize for robbing a bank do they?

Do any other criminals get rewarded for willfully breaking the LAW ?

Nope.

So neither should illegals.

They got here on their own.

They can go back in their own.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

People need to knock before they come in this house, and get permission.

Yes, they need to reform what it takes to get permission.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: seeker1963

So Reid is stopping every one?
Is he the one stopping John Boehner? The whole article is about john....
Obama can either sign/veto the bill that gets to him or he can use his pen and the phone.
No bills are making to to him, so he is taking option B.
We can't just keep complaining about nothing happening, and then when something does happen, we complain about that.

The bill has to pass the house AND senate. Anything coming from the house is pretty much thrown in the can by Harry Reid!

Don't think I like Boehner either! I don't! He is a Neocon that pretty much plays his role.

As far as wanting something to happen? I sure do, but what good is it if it doesn't solve any problems except appease on side of the voter base and piss off the other? Follow the law and the Constitution and problem solved! Obama did NOT follow the law and look what has happened!

Seriously though? How is it Obama's excuse on not enforcing our immigration laws was costing too much money, but yet, how much money is he going to throw at the problem now?

We have liars on BOTH sides of the political fence! Follow our existing laws or change them legally as the Constitution provides the framework to do so!

We have a system of checks and balances for a reason.
edit on 30-6-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
It's still June and the house refuses to have a vote on immigration until next year? Maybe they could do their job.

They've only got 28 working days left until the elections.

a reply to: St Udio

I don't even know what you're talking about.

originally posted by: seeker1963
Let me ask you this? If Obama and Harry would have addressed border security first, would we be having this "CRISIS" now?

Funny, the Senate immigration bill addresses border security first! A Guide to S.744: Understanding the 2013 Senate Immigration Bill

Title I: Border Security
What additional resources does the bill dedicate to border security?

The bill makes enormous investments in border security, including the following: deploying at least 38,405 full-time Border Patrol agents along the southern border (including an additional 19,200 more than currently in place); mandating an electronic exit system at all ports where Customs and Border Protection agents are deployed; constructing at least 700 miles of fencing, including double fencing; increasing mobile surveillance; deploying aircraft and radio communications; constructing additional Border Patrol stations and operating bases; hiring additional prosecutors, judges, and staff; providing additional training to border officers; and increasing prosecutions of illegal border crossings. The bill specifies mandatory area-specific technology and infrastructure that includes watch towers, camera systems, mobile surveillance systems, ground sensors, fiber-optic tank inspection scopes, portable contraband detectors, radiation isotope identification devices, mobile automated targeting systems, unmanned aircraft, radar systems, helicopters, and marine vessels, among other minimum requirements. The bill mandates 24-hour surveillance of the border region using mobile, video, and portable systems, as well as unmanned aircraft, and deploys 1,000 distress beacon stations in areas where migrant deaths occur. Interior enforcement against visa overstays is also increased. The Department of Homeland Security is required to initiate removal (deportation) proceedings, confirm that relief from removal is pending or granted, or otherwise close 90 percent of the cases of immigrants who have overstayed their visas by more than 180 days in the last 12 months. A pilot program is created to notify immigrants that their visas are about to expire.

Not to mention Obama has been labeled the Deporter in Chief.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Didn't he mean Congress won't be doing anything but handing out money to terrorists and then having the country chase them.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Have no fear Obama and pen are here.
Don't pick and chose which laws to enforce and don't give amnesty to those that got here illegally.

new topics

top topics

join