It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of Australias most complained about tv ad's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
its done its job ill never own a pool because of it..

Actually, it sounds like it didn't do it's job. If you are not signing up for first aid classes, then you missed the message entirely. It's not about pools, but rather accidents that can happen in a split second.

Prepare yourself, be ready to respond.
edit on 30-6-2014 by ObservingTheWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I just think they can get the point accross in a less horrific manner!

Censorship is the way to go. Lord knows we can't have people being disturbed. It's un-Australian.

Tell me, do they have ostriches in Australia?

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Emu's.. we could stand to learn something from them by sticking our heads in the sand

i tried sending an email to the ads standards thing a few years back when one of the iraq campaigns was in full swing, a well-known pizza franchise was advertising a deal back then, 3 different pizza's each with a war theme, struggling against some hypothetical dictator.. they ended up saying to me "no further correspondence will be entered into with this email address" ...pussies

i still watch the commercials now & then for "research" purposes..
a few weeks back i happened to catch a breakfast cereal commercial, could've sworn i heard the word "big d_cks" (rhymes with weet-bix)
every now & then i'll record a commercial.. building up a nice little stockpile..
might come in handy one day for a presentation or if i run outta ipecac syrup

carry on

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingTheWorld

Actually, it sounds like it didn't do it's job. If you are not signing up for first aid classes, then you missed the message entirely. It's not about pools, but rather accidents that can happen in a split second.

I have actually already done first aid training and it was with St John, ii did it without a advert prompting me to do it and ts very easy to do the courses they even do it online for some of them maybe they could advertise that and the convenience of how easy it is too do.. Better yet why don't they get teenagers or older kids learning it at school then everyone gets the training before even leaving school if they made it a national thing it would probably be alot less of a problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

What do ostriches have to do with it? And we do yes.. Lol

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This is a powerful advert. I have had my first aid Certificate for years now and it has helped me save the life of a lady on the train one day who was having a hypoglycemic episode, if I did not have the skills to identify her physical state as well as ask her the appropriate questions to help me identify her symptoms, then she could have died on the train. I am proud I had the confidence to help her where others though she was a heroin addict.

If you don't have your first aid certificate I urge you to do it for those you love. Ever since I had children, I ensure I update it, you just never know.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingTheWorld

I have actually already done first aid training and it was with St John, ii did it without a advert prompting me to do it and ts very easy to do the courses they even do it online for some of them maybe they could advertise that and the convenience of how easy it is too do.. Better yet why don't they get teenagers or older kids learning it at school then everyone gets the training before even leaving school if they made it a national thing it would probably be alot less of a problem.

There is a St. Johns club or something . I remember some people in my high school wearing uniforms for their evening practice.

Here are some anti-smoking adverts. Some are quite disturbing:

10steps.sg...

<< 1   >>

join