It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominion - Anyone watching this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Kind of a neat show so far. Premise is basically dystopian future after a group of angels decide to war against man.
One of the archangels helps the humans, but another is building an army for a rematch.

It's fairly interesting and is certainly a refreshingly new concept at least. A bit cliche' at times, but still, well-produced, and a few faces Sci-Fi fans will recognize.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I watched the first ep, and cant wait for tonights. Its actually a continuation of the movie Legion. It takes place 25 years later, with the baby being a man now.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I like the concept it is set I think 17 years after where the movie left off. The movie wasn't so great but like you said it was interesting. As far as I can tell the lower angels are more like demons which makes me wonder if the story allows room for demons. It will be a real kicker if Lucifer turns out to be humanities hero. It comes on tonight and I will tape it for later the series has been hyped a lot in different media so I hope it doesn't flop.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Its set 25 years after legion. I believe they say so in the Pilot

"Rather than adapting “Legion’s” plot for the show, “Dominion” serves as a sequel, set 25 years after the events of the film, and Wilmott was confident that the series can stand alone for viewers who never saw the Bettany precursor. “‘Legion’ is definitely the jumping-off point for the show, but the show is very much its own thing."

It looks to be very promising...which means Sci Fi will probably cancel it.....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We watched the first one, and I'll be keeping an eye on it for now.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mythos13

Is it 25 years? However old the "chosen one" is, is supposed to be the time frame. Here I thought he was younger fiction wise than that. Maybe is supposed to be 25 I would have to watch it again.

I agree it will probably get canceled, but I think some of it will be due to some backlash from a couple groups. I will be surprised if there is none.

I couldn't tell but did one of the angels go kamikaze in the attack and die or did he get away?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just another attempt at Hollywood to make a mockery of the Christian religion. It is a scenario that will never happen. They will never tell the true story which would make a better movie and series. Cant be telling the truth to anyone so the people will not know it when the Anti-Christ hits the stage. Especially when the whole world would find out just who operates all those lights in the sky people call UFOs.
edit on 26-6-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Eh, I can deal with it because it's all not real. We'll see how they take it. If they get too annoying, I'll stop watching. Right now, I'll let them run with their premise and see what they intend to try saying with it.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Fear Programming.

"War" from "heaven".

Alien invasion.

Be. Afraid.

Consume that stuff at your peril.

You think you are too smart to be programmed.

You aren't.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It looks to be very promising...which means Sci Fi will probably cancel it.....

Yeah, you're probably right...

They will never tell the true story which would make a better movie and series. Cant be telling the truth to anyone so the people will not know it when the Anti-Christ hits the stage

Even most Biblical scholars believe it is more about the fall of Rome than an actual future event (assuming you mean the Book of Revelation). "Truth" is certainly a matter of interpretation. The "Left Behind" series tried to do just what you mention, and no, not really a better movie or series, even in premise. Mostly because, there is no power that can stand against an already laid out ending, etc.

In this show at least, you've got desperate heroes against a much more powerful foe. Sure, they have an angel on their side, but he's one against many, along with us puny humans.

I don't really see this show as a mockery though. If anything, they seem to pay a bit of homage to the subject. And the idea of the Angels resenting man aren't exactly new (i.e. Lucifer, etc.).
edit on 27-6-2014 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Been watching.
I've seen the Legion movie a few times, and enjoyed it.
Was able to spot that it was a continuance of that movie in the first minute or so.
Seems there are a lot of plot lines and perceived alliances that have to be established in these first few episodes.
Then we'll be off and running, I hope.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Just watched the pilot last night, so far so good. Really like the look of the show, the costumes and set are interesting to look at and the premise is definitely interesting. My husband also enjoyed it, we found a new show, yay!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
dribble and tripe. low cost production
a story being stretched with the predicable sub plots.

as per op I would be interested in the whole series synopsis but wont watch all the cringe to find out.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The acting is top notch...

Special Effects are decent to excellent...

Story line is captivating..

I loved the movie this is based from as well

top topics

join