It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High court rebukes Obama on recess appointments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Then let's look at Detroit objectively, was it singularly liberal ideology that caused its collapse? Or was it a combination of that and the big 3 continuously outsourcing jobs so they can make an easier buck?

And before you go on the warpath about Obama bailing them out keep in mind that ford never took a bailout.

Removing jobs from the market with no alternative employment may have had something to do with Detroit's downfall.

Compound that with the housing crisis, it's a recipe for disaster.

So yeah, Detroit is a hellhole, believe me, i lived there i know.

But making sure government doesn't work at all isn't the answer, republican congressmen blocking all appointments doesn't help government run efficiently.

All they were doing is causing chaos, and causing inefficiency. Which in turn wastes taxpayer money.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Then let's look at Detroit objectively, was it singularly liberal ideology that caused its collapse? Or was it a combination of that and the big 3 continuously outsourcing jobs so they can make an easier buck?

And before you go on the warpath about Obama bailing them out keep in mind that ford never took a bailout.

Removing jobs from the market with no alternative employment may have had something to do with Detroit's downfall.

Compound that with the housing crisis, it's a recipe for disaster.

So yeah, Detroit is a hellhole, believe me, i lived there i know.

But making sure government doesn't work at all isn't the answer, republican congressmen blocking all appointments doesn't help government run efficiently.

All they were doing is causing chaos, and causing inefficiency. Which in turn wastes taxpayer money.

The object of this thread was that the Supreme Court rejected Obama's recess appointments, not the republicans. They rejected the appointments because they were NOT IN RECESS.

If you think the problems with Detroit are because of the big three car companies, I guess there is nothing to discuss about the collapse of Detroit.

As far as "government running efficiently" there is the classic oxymoron. Please show me one agency thats runs efficiently under this administration.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

the republicans used a shady ploy to keep congress in session even though there wasn't even a quorum.

no business read being conducted, it was a sham session.

<< 1  2   >>

join