It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found an Unknown Object in the Woods Today. What is it ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Could it be an extremely old - calcified and semi-opalised / fossilized ... bezoa - bolus or ancient barkers egg !!

2c worth. ( and to be in touch with the outcome ! )

You do know you must now report back - or be hunted down - no ?

edit on 26-6-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Come on OP open it already !!!!!!!!!

The suspense is killing me !!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The almost symmetrical white dots are interesting, so are the oblong rice grain shaped indentations...these could be impressions of grass seeds left behind after this thing became solid maybe?

Strange and interesting - interstrange.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Don't break it open.

It is likely a gastric or kidney bezoar. What's rattling around inside is just some detritus left behind after the bezoar dried out.

If you break it open it will be much less beautiful than it is now. Bezoar are powerful folk-magic items in most parts of the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

According to tradition, the best stone for extracting poison from a wound was a bezoar. It was famous for defending royalty against poison. The name derives from a Persian word "padzahr", which means "expelling poison." This stone appears to be the forerunner of the more recent madstone.

The Madstone

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thanks for all the suggestions, comments and replies. I'll definitely keep everyone updated if I ever find out what this thing is.

I'm trying to contact a local archaeologist familiar with the area. After some searching I'm leaning toward the gizmo being fired native clay pottery.

Here is a picture I found of some native clay pottery. The similarity is there.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Dinosaur gizzard ?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: METACOMET
Thanks for all the suggestions, comments and replies. I'll definitely keep everyone updated if I ever find out what this thing is.

I'm trying to contact a local archaeologist familiar with the area. After some searching I'm leaning toward the gizmo being fired native clay pottery.

Looking at the pictures again, it seems to me you could be right about the pottery thing. It does look like a kiln failure piece of pottery doesn't it. Maybe it was a jug or vase being fired in the kiln ovens close to the heat source in the stack and was destroyed in the kiln...happens all the time.

Shows they might have decorated the pottery before kiln firing.
edit on 29-6-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: METACOMET

Looking at the pictures again, it seems to me you could be right about the pottery thing. It does look like a kiln failure piece of pottery doesn't it. Maybe it was a jug or vase being fired in the kiln ovens close to the heat source in the stack and was destroyed in the kiln...happens all the time.

Shows they might have decorated the pottery before kiln firing.

Looks kind of like a brown frog with it's legs missing.

img1.etsystatic.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Dinosaur egg.
Dinosaur gizzard stone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join