It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Manning: We gave him everything and the "N" Failed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

Okay, let me see if I can clarify something for others who are not black. The reason I'm doing this is because I being white did not know the difference myself until my black co-workers explained this for me. Mods. If you feel the need to block out the word I understand, I'm only using it due to the current conversation to clarify.

There is a difference in the words 'n-word' and nigga. The later is a street term that is used more like ;hey bro!
When I worked at Ford Motor Company I heard the blacks calling each other this all the time, so I finally asked why they would call each other that? I too thought they were calling each other the former word,they corrected me and said no,that is not what we are saying. Its a street word that is more or less like bro,or brother. They told me to listen very carefully and I would hear that they are saying nigga. They gave the example of I would a lot of times hear them say something like " Nigga please...." translation, dude stop pulling my leg. So a lot of times a white will hear them call each other this and THINK they are calling each other the derogatory word and they aren't. That is what you are hearing Dr. Manning say.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Dimithae because: Corrected spelling

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Ahhh okay ... He shouldn't be segregating the black voter and just talking to them ... black to black ... that kind of thing ... because it was the white vote that carried Obama? (did I follow you that time?)

I can't put myself in his shoes or in the black voters shoes, of course, but I think he's lamenting the disappointment that HE THINKS the black community may be feeling because they didn't get what they expected in Obama. I have no idea if that's reality or just him projecting his own disappointment. Anyways like I said .. I don't think he's talking to the white voter .. not with that kind of language.

That tone doesn't work for me. I don't know if it works for 'street cred' in the inner cities or not, or if it sounds fake. I can't even speak to it .... I have no clue ....

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
The Rev. Manning's use of it is acceptable (arguably), because there is no reasonable assumption of racial bias on the part of Manning.

I do understand your point, and I agree with you to a degree. But as Chris Rock says, there are Black people and there are N-words... To him, black people are fine, but N-words are the stupid, backward, immoral people among the race... It's an insult, even spoken by him. At least in this skit.

Caution: Language

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Dear BH, The point I am trying to make is that the "N" word had 2 different meanings. When Chris Rock uses it there is no question of racial animus or bigotry. His usage of the term is no more threatening than the "MF" epithet. But if a white man such as myself were to call a black man a "N" who would question his (well justified) response? If I were to question or mock someone's manhood, how would they respond?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

But of course: By transparent govt Obama actually meant "Obviously corrupt"

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Oh, I understand you and agree with you. The intent is what matters. I was just pointing out that a black person CAN use the word as an insult.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That should not be the case. This is an obvious case of racial bigotry by blacks.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Okay, let me see if I can clarify something for others who are not black. The reason I'm doing this is because I being white did not know the difference myself until my black co-workers explained this for me. Mods. If you feel the need to block out the word I understand, I'm only using it due to the current conversation to clarify.

There is a difference in the words 'n-word' and nigga. The later is a street term that is used more like ;hey bro!
When I worked at Ford Motor Company I heard the blacks calling each other this all the time, so I finally asked why they would call each other that? I too thought they were calling each other the former word,they corrected me and said no,that is not what we are saying. Its a street word that is more or less like bro,or brother. They told me to listen very carefully and I would hear that they are saying nigga. They gave the example of I would a lot of times hear them say something like " Nigga please...." translation, dude stop pulling my leg. So a lot of times a white will hear them call each other this and THINK they are calling each other the derogatory word and they aren't. That is what you are hearing Dr. Manning say.

Pretty accurate point you make there.

Basically, this (LANGUAGE WARNING) - www.youtube.com...

Describes in basic terms what you have just said.

Edit:- jump to the 50 second mark to to cut out any boring waiting

edit on 25-6-2014 by TerribleTeam2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2014 by TerribleTeam2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
lol.

Someone actually went to the "ger" and "gga" explanations, this is when you know the convo has reached maximum derpage.

And then oppie was actually (pretends) angry that a black man said the word Nigga.

WTF go outside, life be short.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Failed? I don't think so. His goal was to belittle the USA, tear down the "rich", make more people dependant upon the government and hurt anyone who opposed him. I would say that from his standpoint...he won. For the rest of us...we will be repairing the damage for decades to come. Lets just hope we are smart enough to realize that we have to do a 180 to recover. That DOESN'T mean giving the liberals another chance. One more liberal/progressive President and the damage will be permanent. Hell...we may need two or three anti-Obamas to get there.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Are we destroyed? Must be a different view from where you're standing.

You must be one of the many with a hand out instead of a hand extended. I’m one of those getting their pockets fleeced rather than lined. Enjoy the fruits of my labor!!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
He didn't "fail", this was the plan all along.. or have you forgotten that the POTUS are selected, not elected?

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

- John 8:44

He's the great deceiver and liar. Wasn't that exactly what happened? All the promises, dreams.. destroyed and turned upside down?

It's all part of the plan. He's the Devils' puppet, same thing happening all over the western world. Those who do not comply will be destroyed. It's their mission to bring great misery into the world until they shall perish and the Kingdom Of God (figuratively speaking, *cough*) will rule the Earth. As we speak, the truth movement is growing so powerful and the pressure is so high that they simply cannot pull this off anymore.

The beast has been out of the bag since 9/11. It's trying to lie and fight it's way out. But the truth cannot be destroyed and it will always surface. We will see massive, devastating acts of violence and mass murder as the death rattle really kicks in. And it's far from over..

We are truly living in the end times and the final power grab of will escalate into World War III after which the human kind will Ascend into Vaikuntha

Peace out.
edit on 26/6/2014 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/6/2014 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I guess Dr. Manning is really fed up, obviously.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So, you're saying we gave him everything? lol

I can't argue with is video.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I think his chosen word at the end fits in perfectly. All words evolve and even the dreaded, soulless, social pariah creating *N* word does as well. I've personally used that word in a derogatory aspect for a person of any race that displays traits of selfishness, greed, avarice, ignorance and so on. It is a great word for derogatory use. I bet some people here will think of me as this very word for uttering such blasphemy. Oh well that's your problem if you do.

I found the first 30ish seconds of his spiel disturbing. He is a great example of a person that will let institutions crumble around him if it means his race benefits from the collapse. This mentality of race above all else is depressing to watch. He didn't mention one thing of benefit toward a race not of his own. Simple tribal mentalities in this modern day. Depressing.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

S&F!

1stly I am a white Australian male and I am making this my business. Grabs stout ten foot pole and rushes determinedly into the fray!

2ndly Now I am no fan of Mr Obama and I could easily make a solid case defending Dr Manning's "N" word pointed comment about him BUT Dr Manning seemingly invokes several points of view with which to repeatably make his limited case and unfortunately for him I disagree with him on some of them.

Dr Manning seemingly invokes, by natural position of his own skin color and afro american cultural and racial heritage, the "'We' , the black community" point of view and I am 100% sure that this message by him was mainly directed at that same community.

I have no issues with that as it IS legitimate for him to make such a point and invoke his wider cultural community, whom he does seem to speak for as an apparent spokesperson and distinguished representative of that same community, and when one is in a representative democracy we should accept his 'heartfelt' words as signs of a strong undercurrent of misplaced trust being truly felt by that community, in regards to Mr Obama.

So like a good reverend he preaches to his converted!

BUT then DR Manning invokes ... "'We' gave him the Nobel peace prize!"
... and this either broadens the target demographic he is aiming at i.e. to include white people in another countries, because the Nobel peace prize is an award awarded by, generally speaking, the Norwegians and the Swedes
,... OR he is unfairly implying that "'We', the black community" were responsible for the invention of dynamite and I'd say such words are 'explosive' information!

However if he was more broadly invoking the Nobel peace prize as some kind of world popularity contest gauge marker ... then that also raises issues since the rest of the world has to begrudgingly put up with whoever the electoral college picks for Potus and the Nobel peace prize award is given by a supposedly unswayable commitee and so its not a popularity contest by world decree.

Now finally ... on to to deal with the "N" word disparaging comment about Mr Obama's apparent 'Fails"!

By invoking it, Dr Manning clearly is again targeting his commentary at an exclusively black community and this again raises questions about why the hell he previously invoked the "We" gave 'him' the Nobel peace prize argument???

Unless of course it was a purely irrational and emotionally driven drivel!

I am going to apply a smell test of Dr Manning's train of logic on Mr Obama ... and it comes up smelling like pooh!

Next time Dr Manning ... please use a latrine to spew your crap into!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join