It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Meets World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Boy Meets World has always been my favorite TV show of all time. I grew up watching it, I love the characters and can relate to most of them on some level, and I think it's just a well-written, all-around good show. And now, there's going to be a spin-off, Girl Meets World. It revolves around Cory and Topanga's daughter, Riley Matthews.

I watched the first episode online yesterday, and I was kinda disappointed in it. Without giving too much away, I felt like they're trying to make it too much like the original show instead of doing something new. Riley was too much like Cory and Maya was too much like Shawn instead of being their own unique characters. But it's just the first episode, so I'll give it a chance and see what happens. I'll at least watch the first season.

So is anyone else here fans of Boy Meets World and/or planning to watch Girl Meets World?

Here's the trailer for it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: invisiblemanda

Have to agree about the original show, they graduated HS basically the same year I did, set in the great City of Brotherly Love...
havnt seen the new show yet, I guess its available online now, since the air date isnt until next week...

I'll search it out and check it out now...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I used to love Boy Meets World! Topanga...mmm...Topanga, I tell you what; we were destined for one another. She is a fine piece of...work!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wwe9112

I always liked Shawn haha. I hope in the new series he and Angela are happily married, maybe even with some kids.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: invisiblemanda

Just really quick why would you not think that this would not be like the original?? I saw the cast of the show trying to promote the show and Cory was basically saying that he wanted it be true to the original Boy meets world. So hahah I think that's what there going to be going for.

The only difference will be Cory will be the Teacher of his Daughters class instead of Mr. Feeny.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I thought it would be more like a continuation of the story with new and different characters, to me it almost seems like they're trying to re-make the original with basically the same characters (like Riley = Cory and Maya = Shawn, instead of being original characters with their own personalities)

new topics

top topics

join