It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writers, and Anyone Else That's Interested: Share Your 'Drabbles'!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Daddy Knows Best

"Daddy, I heard it again," Lindsay complained.
"What's that, sweetheart?"
She sighed. "The crying! It woke me up!"
"Lindsay, you were probably just dreaming."
Unsatisfied, the child finished eating, and grumbled all the way to the bus stop.
Back in the house, sipping his coffee, he heard the faint sound of crying, coming from below.
"Damnit!" he exclaimed, heading to the basement.
A young cheerleader was chained to the wall.
"Wake her up again, and I'll cut out your tongue, and sew your mouth shut!" he hissed, tightening her ball-gag.
"Raising little girls is tough, and you're not helping."

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The Scribbler

"Don't get too comfortable, Dave," Karl said evenly. "With ideas like yours, they'll fire you soon enough."
Dave endured such comments from 'Star Employee' Karl Manning, daily; that would end, today.
Focusing intensely, Dave doodled a stick figure in his favorite notepad.
Underneath, he wrote 'Karl', and in a crude way, the figure did resemble his abusive co-worker.
Sweat trickling down his brow, he drew an exploding heart in 'Karl's' chest, as the real Karl clutched at his chest, flopped to the floor, and died.
Dave smiled, closing his notepad.
Another rung in the corporate ladder had been scaled.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
the warning (movie idea)

tennessee state hospital, psych ward B: 2018

Nurse: he's doing terribly, i administered the plasticity medication, well see how he is after he sleeps.

Man on bed: theyre yelling, they wont stop yelling, i hear fire, voices..no more, no more!

Psychiatrist: we can only hope the plasticity medication gives him some relief by morning.

____

North pole: particle monitoring station:

monitor beeping in backround, computer screen shows particle detection

scientist: captain! were detecting an emmission but its strange, its almost like its acting as a carrier for a signal.

captain: wow, this is amazing. this could be the proof of inter-dimensional communication.

gather all information for the scientists to figure out how to decode it.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"Drabbles" are meaningless to me. The whole point of composition is to express oneself in the most compelling way possible unbridled by contrived constraints that indelicately mock the beauty of the written word.

Some may be inclined to disagree, seeing a drabble as some innocuous challenge to prove one’s compositional merit and craftiness. I choose the higher ground, to write with no boundaries or limitations, freely expressing the magnitude and complexity of the universe in relation to myself.

To think, nay, to even consider that a serious writer would partake in utter rubbish is folly. Thus concludes my first drabble.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"I'm lost in the woods again", Grace chuckled to herself, absent mindedly smirking. A fake little toy cell phone nestled in her ear, the fake sound of static shock from a dying cell phone signal, seemingly screaming from the universe, like a broken satellite.
Camping with Brian.
"talking to yourself again? Brian just stood there laughing at her. But not directly at her.
Musty charred-oak burning in a little pit,smoke wafting up to the treetops.
"How long have we been out here?"
"Two days", Brian responds smugly and slightly amused.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Saucy Jacky

Crimson pearls fell to the ground as she clutched at her throat; the only sound, an incessant gurgle.
Her knees buckled, and she collapsed.
The coppery scent of her blood filled the air, as the meticulous hands of her dark assailant went to work; his breathing was harried, and manic.
With silent satisfaction, he stood back, and observed the macabre spectacle that he'd created.
The hoofbeats which signaled the approach of his cab, sounded slow, and hesitant; his driver did not approve.
Calmly, he straightened his cape, and hat, for there was more work to be done on this night.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Scar Tissue

The moment the little boy's eyes met his, he knew that the world was a sick place.
The child disappeared beneath the crushing weight of the MRAP's wheels, and though the vehicle had no problem rolling over this tiny obstacle, his mind registered a small bump.
Standing orders were to never stop the vehicle for anything, and he had obeyed those orders.
What kind of person did following those orders make him?
"Sir?" the clerk asked.
"Hmm?"
"Paper, or plastic?"
The young boy that had triggered his horrid memory, had left with his mother a while ago, groceries in tow.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Lizards were ready to reclaim the surface and rightfully regain that which was theirs from times long past. The warriors held their weapons tightly waiting for the signal to charge. Finally, the buzzer blared, and they all rushed forward into the bright florescent light of the secret military installation. Immediately their wives looked around the commerce area. “We will just be a moment. Meet us by the produce section.” The Lizard Warriors all sighed, and holding their wives purses, sat down to wait patiently. “I told you Wal-Mart was a foolish starting point.” one Lizard sighed heavily.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ALL APOLOGIES TO JOHN

The music grew softer after ‘Last Call’ was announced, and drunken tavern patrons slowly stumbled outside into the night.
Danny sauntered up beside me, with his planned bed-mate by his side.
“I’ll be right back,” he slurred, before dashing to the bathroom.
After surveying his prize, I shook my head; he’d reached a new low.
“What’s taking him so long?” she impatiently whined, her cold sores showing through her spotty make-up.
“If John Thomas isn’t hearing a sincere, protracted apology, then I’m betting your date’s passed out,” I replied, bluntly.
“Who’s John Thomas?” she asked.
“Certainly not mine.”

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join