It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Salt Cave

page: 1

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
With all the crime, violence, and political uproar going on these days, I thought it might be a good time to step back and take a little break.

Ran across these pictures of some caves in russia and thought I might pass them along.
[www.huffingtonpost.com...[/url]

"Do not try to adjust your sets. We are in control...." Wait that's the start of another show.
Can not put up an image with the computer I use, but a little searching may make the pictures more worthwhile.

Just hope you enjoy.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This one right here is the coolest picture out of the bunch, IMO

Those swirls/doughnuts/whatever the shape is make the whole splash of color just pop in a surreal way

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Those are very cool concentric formations that the salt makes! Simply amazing, thanks for this!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I want to live in a psychedelic salt cave. Those are awesome. They look very similar to some of my abstract paintings.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

They could hold a really great rave in there.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Looks almost like it was once alive because of the colors and forms. Salt is part of life, maybe some DNA structured it's formation.

It would be fun to go into a salt cave with a couple of gouges and carve art into the soft salts. I wonder if some of this is from human involvement. Humans are not the only ones who create art, so do other species.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I like the way the drill bits have made those psychedelic patterns even more beautiful.
edit on V20140020June00Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:00:19 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

edit on V20140020June00Fri, 20 Jun 2014 10:00:50 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: I just woke up

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Thanks guys, for all the response.

I guess I'm kind of wierd, but nothing pleases me more than bringing a little pleasure to someones day.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire

..that's what i was wondering?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I want to live in a psychedelic salt cave. Those are awesome. They look very similar to some of my abstract paintings.

It'd be a neat place to ride out the apocalypse, but then eventually you'd have people sitting in the corner with their head between their knees muttering to themselves "I just want this trip to end man...just wanna go back to normal...". So you'd have to paint over or cover up some of the surfaces.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this. This is pretty awesome. I recently visited Kartchner Caverns and I was impressed. These salt caverns take it up a notch.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: skunkape23

It'd be a neat place to ride out the apocalypse, but then eventually you'd have people sitting in the corner with their head between their knees muttering to themselves "I just want this trip to end man...just wanna go back to normal...". So you'd have to paint over or cover up some of the surfaces.

It does seem as though I have either said or heard those words before.
Let's see, wasn't there a time called the seventies? You know "the fog years" !
It all seems so long ago some how.

new topics

top topics

join