It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Omg. It was Berenstein Bears. Without a doubt! I used to read the books daily and I have specific memories of looking at the title and clearly reading BerenSTEIN. SO strange.

Also wanted to add, that I agree with the above poster! Nelson Mandela definitely died more than once lol this is killing me.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

Like, what if the people who remember the -stein way are different than those who remember it as -stain

They are different. The ones who remember it as Berenstein are wrong. Berenstain is correct. I always thought that was a weird spelling but that's the way it was.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Like, what if the people who remember the -stein way are different than those who remember it as -stain

They are different. The ones who remember it as Berenstein are wrong. Berenstain is correct. I always thought that was a weird spelling but that's the way it was.

Did you read the old sourcing documents posted?
There are like 6 of them posted towards the bottom of page 1, old newspapers, and they refer to the books as Berenstein.
edit on 19-6-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Omg. It was Berenstein Bears. Without a doubt! I used to read the books daily and I have specific memories of looking at the title and clearly reading BerenSTEIN. SO strange.

Also wanted to add, that I agree with the above poster! Nelson Mandela definitely died more than once lol this is killing me.

That's because he did die at least 3 different times that I remember. Seriously.
Maybe that is one of the differences between those that remember the spelling differently. They recall Mandella dying more than once.
edit on 6/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm with you on the Mandela thing. It's irritating the back of my mind now that you brought it up, though it's a bit hazy. I feel like there was a time in the late eighties, one about 5 years ago and then recently. I'm not as certain on Mandela as the OP topic, but something feels off.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I remember berenstein, but I only remember Mandela dying once.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've seen that page here on ATS before I think.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

I'm with you on the Mandela thing. It's irritating the back of my mind now that you brought it up, though it's a bit hazy. I feel like there was a time in the late eighties, one about 5 years ago and then recently. I'm not as certain on Mandela as the OP topic, but something feels off.

Those are about the same time frames I recall it. I do remember twice pretty vividly. Matter of fact the last time I was shocked to hear it because I thought he had been dead for a while.

originally posted by: samkam

I remember berenstein, but I only remember Mandela dying once.

There went my theory!
I thought it was at least as good as weight lifting Carrot Top...a lot less creepy too.
edit on 6/19/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Did you read the old sourcing documents posted?
There are like 6 of them posted towards the bottom of page 1, old newspapers, and they refer to the books as Berenstein.

Do any show the actual books clearly or just misspellings from idiot ad writers?

Google Berenstein Bears

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I very clearly remember it was "Berenstein." I pronounced it "stine." I have also had the experience of thinking someone was dead and then hearing years later that they had recently died. I went to school with a guy that I was told died in a car wreck. About a decade later I passed him walking down the road. I stopped and gave him a ride and told him I thought he was dead. Glitches in the Matrix?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I find it odd that many ebay items are listed as "Berenstein" when the photos show "Berenstain" on the items for sale.

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is truly weird. Did somebody make a typo in the code for the simulation we're in? If 'Frankenstein' becomes 'Frankenstain,' I am going to just go get drunk.

(post by pirhanna removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkam
I find it odd that many ebay items are listed as "Berenstein" when the photos show "Berenstain" on the items for sale.

Well no #! Google Berenstein Bears and click "images".

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Actually, throughout my childhood, it was always "Berenstein" Bears. At some point in the mid 90's, it looks like they changed it to "Berenstain" with an A. I found some old books with the original spelling, so I know I'm not crazy. Anyone know when/why it was changed? I'm just curious, since I noticed that Stan's recent obituary had the "Berenstain" spelling. Salena 22:27, January 1, 2006

en.wikipedia.org...

The plot thickens. hmmm

edit on 6/19/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18054187]DenyObfuscation[/post
Stephen Beko, a black anti-apartheid journalist, died in a South African prison in the 80's, then they made a movie about it (with Eric Stoltz in a supporting role, I believe) at that time Mandela and Beko were about equally well known in the west (barely at all) people just got that confused.
It is now,was then,and will continue to be stain. No time shifts,no parallel universes,no conspiracy,just lazy reading and ignorance. Sorry folks.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Not sure if you were aware or not, it maybe coincidence but everything we are talking about is actually refered to as the Mandela effect.

Check it out if you have some time to kill.
mandelaeffect.com...

Look through major memory links , interesting stuff there.
edit on 19-6-2014 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

It is now,was then,and will continue to be stain. No time shifts,no parallel universes,no conspiracy,just lazy reading and ignorance. Sorry folks.

Why are you telling me this? That's been my point all along.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation
Must have hit a wrong button, remember when South Park first came out and Cartman's name was Hartman? Freaky!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: DenyObfuscation
Must have hit a wrong button, remember when South Park first came out and Cartman's name was Hartman? Freaky!

You sure it was Hartman? I could say it was Cartmon and write some # in wiki talk to 'prove' it.

This is nuts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join