It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO video?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Those aliens visited ATS before.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's two bs ometres broke in two threads

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

S&F for an interesting video. Kinda agree with others, as much as I would love to believe this is real, I really don't think it is

PS, all your edits made me LOL for real

edit on 20-6-2014 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Thank you. I agree, this is a ""too good to be true"" video. I don't follow the UFO phenomena too closely. I just came across this video and figured ATS is the best place to share.

Glad I could bring a smile to your face. I still haven't quite figured out embedding. But I'm determined to eventually. Reluctantly I yielded to my smarter self. Had I not, that edit list woulda been long enough to cover an entire 1st page.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
Seen this before it's been around and to me falls I the "too good to be true" category.

Why isn't the witness moving up on the saucer that's my first question.

The greys looks very CG and the recent use of the white light flash just seems so Hollywood .

Sorry fake IMO

Would you have moved up closer to that?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CheckPointCharlie

Thank you. I agree, this is a ""too good to be true"" video. I don't follow the UFO phenomena too closely. I just came across this video and figured ATS is the best place to share.

Glad I could bring a smile to your face. I still haven't quite figured out embedding. But I'm determined to eventually. Reluctantly I yielded to my smarter self. Had I not, that edit list woulda been long enough to cover an entire 1st page.

Absolutely! This is too good to be true and so based on the fact we are generally miserable failures at capturing UFO's on film, let's dismiss this footage out of hand. To me - nothing is fake, until it is proven to be fake.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Absolutely! This is too good to be true and so based on the fact we are generally miserable failures at capturing UFO's on film, let's dismiss this footage out of hand. To me - nothing is fake, until it is proven to be fake.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Loveaduck

I agree. I haven't dismissed it totally. I'd love for some of the better investigators to investigate the video. As it stands, I'm intrigued, just not convinced.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If a bit of film looks like a totally obvious bit of fake cgi, do you:

A) conclude it's nonsense
B) Accept it may be true

Really, I'd love to hear you answer...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
a reply to: Destinyone

Also, as of now, Youtube ID's that have under scores, dashes, and some other non-alphanumeric characters will not embed.
The ID has a dash AND she already embedded it. Clearly you're wrong. Why do you keep posting this nonsense?

In another thread I embedded the vid with an underscore in the ID after you said it wouldn't work.

BTW, what did you think of this one?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Dashes work, underscores do not. That was a typo on my part. It's a common/known issue on this forum, and other forums that use this type of engine.

Why are you so sour? I was just trying to help her out, if this had been one that had an underscore she may have been trying for quite a long time...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Dashes work, underscores do not.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

All I can tell you is that I've tried certain videos, and probably about a month ago, I noticed that ones with underscores didn't work. Maybe they updated the BB engine? Good to know it's working, because I've ran into several that would embed the player but wouldn't playback the source.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I agree. I haven't dismissed it totally. I'd love for some of the better investigators to investigate the video. As it stands, I'm intrigued, just not convinced.

Uhm, this is 100% computer generated. It is a 3d generated object (the "aliens" are as well) that is integrated into real 2d footage using a process called "3d compositing". The film industry uses this method all the time to integrate live actors with 3d objects (like iron mans suit or 3d environments).

If you want to see what a professional is capable of, check this out:

Most people could tell the UFO was cgi, but many were fooled by thinking the rest of the footage was genuine and the UFO was composited into it. Turns out the entire thing is computer generated.

For an idea of how vfx works with real footage via green screen, you can check this out if you like:

In closing, I'm not exactly sure what you would require as "proof". If you can't tell that this footage is faked, and won't take my word for it (I have experience working in some of these techniques and have studied 3d compositing in college), then I'm not sure I can really offer you any other "proof" that will be sufficient for you. Without the original files to do a proper VFX breakdown and show the wireframe of the meshes the videos creator used, you're going to have to take someones word for it (if you couldn't tell it was fake to begin with).

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm aware of how embedding tags are supposed to work. I tested it with that video, that day, and it would embed with no option to play. Can' explain why. Oh well. I guess you're right.

Feel any better?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Can' explain why. Oh well.

Maybe you weren't doing it right? Did you notice WHY the OP video embedded but wouldn't work?

Feel any better?
Not better as it never caused me any problems.

The point is you can't help someone by giving them bad advice based on false information. I saw you were still doing it so I pointed this out to you to get you to see it. No big deal.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I understand the concept of syntax, but thanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I never believed it to be true. I did have a slight bit of hope but as I said, it's too good to be true.

I'm no expert in CGI ... or reality for that matter. That's why I'm here.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie
I think you meant to reply to DeadSeraph. That was his very good post on CGI.

I'm no expert in CGI
Same here. I can barely spell it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join