It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Humanoid Found In Himalayan Cave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
EDIT :MODS PLEASE MOVE TO THE HOAX BIN.

SORRY GUYS NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THIS STORY PLEASE DISREGARD.

Hey guys, just stumbleded across this this morning thought some of our members would find this interesting.

A group of climbers discovered some cave complexes that used to be inhabited after a some avalanches cleared out the area. The team found remains with a crude spear and some preserved leather. The interesting thing is that these remains seem to belong to Homo- Habilis . The reason that is interesting is because that would put the remains they estimate at 1.4 to 2.3 million years ago. Which doesn't really bode with the current theory of how far these guys traveled outside of Africa and the types of climates these guys could adapt to. And this is probably the oldest sign of human life ever found in the region. Some theories are floating around about an isolated group living there, how every this is a 65 cave complex and could have been a fairly well sized settlement.

Whats awesome is these are fairly well preserved considering the age , the harsh conditions have kept these remain is a constant state of ice. I think its great that were are constantly rewriting or and least revising parts of our history.

Here is a pic of our friend:

Here is the article : theviralpost.com...

So dig in to the article guys and let me know what you think,

EDIT : It seems that this website may not be a trust worthy one... a few others that are running this story seem a little shady as well. So hoax or real guys??

CJ

edit on 17-6-2014 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2014 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenJack

Could it be proof that the Yeti exists?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
That is freaky to see what looks like an intact eyeball in that skull. Also, it looks like the skin is still there more or less albeit a bit frost bitten.

I am constantly amazed by the new discoveries of ancient culture. We are always learning about our past.

Nice find OP!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a homo habilis is NOT A MODERN HUMAN.
humanorigins.si.edu...

It was a lot smaller brained than a modern human. Seriously predating Neanderthals and modern humans. Not a representative of some high tech culture, very simple stone tools were the norm.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Antigod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
While this is certainly an cool story and would be an amazing find if proven to be Homo habilis (amazing find regardless of Homo species if proven to be a real find), I do have to question the authenticity of the story. Based on the other articles I see linked on that site and the fact that the story does not mention a single source for the info being reported I do have my doubts.

I'll be honest, I have never heard of The Viral Post before now, but just look at their other articles. In particular I had a good laugh at the one titled "GIANT ALIENS PILOT SATURN SPACE SHIPS", in which it states "Dr. Bergrun privately undertook a detailed study of the NASA Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 photographs of the rings of Saturn. He has discovered how the rings are being formed by emissions emerging from gigantic electromagnetic vehicles (EMV’s), controlled by 7ft dark skinned Extraterretrials."
theviralpost.com...

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but based on what I see on the rest of the site can we take this story at it's word?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If this proves out to be as old as projected, it could call for a re-write on some of the ideas about when man was making migrating and making tools.
It also seems to give us a complete body rather than scattered parts of a skeleton.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Armadall

I'm having trouble finding a trustworthy source for this story. It might well be BS, as I can't see how soft tissue (eyeball) could survive that long under eye without being squished to bits.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
well i have checked the link and reread the post by

CitizenJack

and theres no mention of this being a "MODERN HUMAN"
a reply to: Antigod

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Armadall

I'll be honest I dont know much about the viral post either so perhaps we should take with a grain of salt.

However when I googled I found several other sites running the same story. Its only been running a few days.
Its one of those things i suppose , I hope its true tho. I'll try to look more into this.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

A story is only as good as it's source and according to Whois TheViralPost.com is owned by known UFO hoaxer Stephen Hannard , I would say without another source the story is a Hoax.
whois.domaintools.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: maryhinge

True, but I was pre empting the hoardes who are going to turn up and claim it proves modern humans are millions of years old.

I can't find any reference to this story on any of the anthropology blogs or papers I read. It's pretty suspect.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

They were discovered in a large cave, part of a complex of at least 65 separates cavities of varying sizes, that could have been a prehistoric settlement.

A thorough search of the site could reveal many more artfacts and possibly other human and animal remains, but unfortunately the hostility of the climatic conditions and the remoteness of its location will certainly pose a lot of logistic and organizational problems for the preparation of a scientific expedition.
(same source as OP)

Fascinating, whether a hoax or not. I recently saw a Discovery documentary on the very large cave complexes along the southeastern China border that are just now being explored by scientific teams. I wonder if we'll learn that they're all connected to this one too, if real? I'm also confident that given the monumental findings in the area, more scientific explorations will follow. We'll probably be in for more exciting times and discoveries as our planet slowly gives up its secrets.
edit on 17-6-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That picture is definitely not real, so if the story is connected to that picture, the whole story is a hoax.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I call shenanigans! Those eyes would be rotted away long ago! He looks like he died yesterday. A hoax.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Antigod

Well no one said modern human ... or high tech culture.... no one even aluded to it....

What was said was crude spear tools, really old remains, migrating out of Africa, and Homo Habilis... none of that even implies what you are saying was said. Usually I ignore accusations because dont have the time.

If anything QUESTION THE SOURCE and the story its self. Not that I presented the facts as they were presented to me. Because thats exactly what I did. I didnt twist or imply anything other than what the story presents.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
That picture is definitely not real, so if the story is connected to that picture, the whole story is a hoax.

I have a feeling its a possible Hoax to , however we need evidence to support our claim...do you have any ?

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm trying to remember the movie that face is from in the pic... its not Congo I don't think but it's something like that.... it'll come back to me but I'm sure I've seen that face in a movie before, I never forget a face... even a partial one. . And I know I've seen that before and I've never been in that cave obviously... I hope I'm wrong as it's a very interesting find if true but I'd agree that if the pic is supposedly connected to the story then it must be a hoax.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

You find no mention of this on any trusted archeological sites, and i have them all more or less, so thats my proof.

The pic. is clearly fake as an eyeball would not survive in a condition where you can see it's an actual eyeball, it would be completely dried out, even after a very short time.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Knew it... The image is from the 1972 movie horror express, here's the imdb linkm.imdb.com...
And here's a reverse image search link for the pic..www.tineye.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This would be front page news, EVERYWHERE. The oldest mummified human remains ever found consisted of a severed head dated to about 6,000 years ago. The oldest naturally mummified human to be found in Europe is Ötzi and he's thought to be 5,300 years old.

Despite what some people might delude themselves into believing, a find like this would be not be covered up — it would be more than a career maker for everyone involved.

As others have mentioned, the source is full of hoaxes. There's also a story about a holographic library found deep in the Earth, left by a time travelling subterranean race.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join