It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark side of the moon: 55-year-old mystery solved

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend
it's their official policy to conceal info on aliens.

Where does it say that?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Also why isnt there a satilite orbiting the moon right now allowing American school children to see LIVE, COLOR images of the landing sights?

Because live images have no advantage over regular images, with the Moon being a very static environment. The Moon is almost entirely grey, so colour images wouldn't show much and just take up valuable bandwidth.

How much would you pay to access that live feed and be able to manipulate a camera to pan and zoom in on the pride of a nation.

I wouldn't pay anything, again because a live feed would be identical to images that have already been taken (and are still being taken by LRO). LRO's camera is firmly attached to the spacecraft, so panning would require tilting of the spacecraft itself, using thrusters. They do it for scientific purposes, but letting the public do it for fun would be a waste of fuel, and time. LRO isn't there to enterntain the crowd.

You know why this wont occur. Lies are much easier to keep, when you keep people in the dark.

First rule of control, make them fear the truth more than they fear the lies we want them to believe.
No, you have a completely wrong perspective on this. LRO and other orbiters are there to explore and to perform science. We get plenty of images and videos for public outreach. If you want to have control over what a lunar probe does, build and launch your own, if you can afford it.

And what's this talk about fear? The only people who fear anything about the Moon are conspiracy nuts with little understanding of science and what scientists are doing.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

The Moon is almost entirely grey,

Why is that? The HiRISE camera at Mars shows lots of colours, the diiferent patches of various materials reflect quite different colours, and there are patches of different materials on the Lunar surface too. I think for the cost of putting a cube sat up there, it would be well worth the expense to see how they compare.

edit on 21-6-2014 by GaryN because: sp.

edit on 21-6-2014 by GaryN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN
a reply to: wildespace

The Moon is almost entirely grey,

Why is that?

That gray color you see comes from the surface of the Moon which is mostly oxygen, silicon, magnesium, iron, calcium and aluminum. The lighter color rocks are usually plagioclase feldspar, while the darker rocks are pyroxene. www.universetoday.com...

The HiRISE camera at Mars shows lots of colours, the diiferent patches of various materials reflect quite different colours, and there are patches of different materials on the Lunar surface too. I think for the cost of putting a cube sat up there, it would be well worth the expense to see how they compare.

I haven't seen much colour images from LRO, but the ones I have seen were taken through narrow-band filters (some of which are outside the visible spectrum), and I'd imagine that colours were enhanced.

There are many colour images of the Moon taken from the ground, they are largely grey, but saturation enhancement does bring out colours.

www.nasa.gov...
cseligman.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Margana

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: Margana

Not for nothing but, it's considered proper board etiquette to not just include a blurb from the linked article but to also include a few of your own thoughts as well. You've got to expect a little razzing if the entirety if your OP is comprised of a headline and a photo. It's rather lacking in substance in my humble opinion so perhaps editing the OP would be a better route than berating posters for pointing out the inadequacies of the OP.

last time I checked, there isn't a guide to the board etiquette for new people (like myself)

I stated that for some unknown reason the text that went along with the OP isn't showing up, despite it being visible in edit mode. That is why I included along with my two cents on the subject matter.

I believe it is proper board etiquette to read every post that has been said before criticizing some

Well that is not going to happen and don't expect it here. Most folks are not gonna keep wading when they found something to comment on page one....

The Bot

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend
a reply to: Rob48

One: the video doesn't show the crash: it was recorded three days before the crash. No video of the crash exists.

Your point? You specifically asked for a video to the live stream crash (that vid^ is exactly that), not a videotape from the probe. I didn't discuss Dec mission images, just they live streamed data while hugging the surface yet not for the more comprehensive mapping mission in Jan.
(Snip)

As I said, the crash was in the "northern hemisphere, invisible from Earth." Oh wait, I see I said "far side" instead of "dark side" in that sentence too. Are you really making a point out of that over everything?

Do you really not appreciate the difference between "dark side" and "far side"? You can't stream data from the far side. You can still stream data from the near side, even when it is in darkness.

Once again, the crash site was not on the far side of the moon. That is why they could monitor the data. The fact that it was in shadow at the time is neither here nor there.

This whole thread is about the FAR SIDE of the moon. You claimed they were live streaming video from the far side, which they weren't, because it is impossible without a relay which we don't have.

You are still showing a fundamental misunderstanding, and using that to try to imply there is some kind of cover-up!

Anybody who knows anybody in the industry knows that space scientists would love to find evidence of alien life. They certainly wouldn't cover it up.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join