It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just ran up 7 floors through the stairs like nothing happened and I'm not even athletic!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ahnggk

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: ahnggk
Since you don't do this normally, what made you decide to run up the stairs?

Long line at the elevator

Ahh Lol!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You mean you just ran up 7 flights of stairs and learned you were Athletic?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Mild dissociation and adrenaline. Pretty clear. Something in your subconscious triggered a danger warning. You conscious mind didn't pick up on it. Your subconscious was in control. Hence the "autopilot."

I think the body responds to adrenaline by increased heart and respiration rate in addition to increased strength and stamina.

But my heart rate and respiration was the same after I ran those 7 floors up the stairs. Honestly, I couldn't even feel my heart beat, which I usually do after a physically demanding activity or even just by feeling angry or nervous.

I felt like I did not do anything at all so I found it very strange, otherwise, I wouldn't have posted here in paranormal thread.

Not always true. You body becomes more efficient. It withholds blood to the digestive tract and other organs and only focuses where it is needed therefore the heart isn't having to pump as hard to provide blood to the entire body.

I have been in shear adrenaline life or death situations and not had my heart beating faster or or breath heavier, but I did things I couldn't normally do.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

when your hypnotized it comes from the subconscious, for example you wouldn't be thinking of running... you would be dazed as you described above etc...

I was thinking of something else.

That something else may have been a "key" to your subconscious to run...

Maybe you had a run-in with an MKultra agent...

No I'm not thinking of running, nor even trying to motivate myself to endure or something. I was thinking of an entirely different thing, I can't remember now but I usually run problem-solving scenarios in my head like a simulation.

Yes I had a run-in with a serious paranormal activity (like the one in the movie) 17 years ago. My experiences had uncanny similarities to the movie. Only me and my sister is frequented by the entity and there were unexplained noises, space-time distortions and ultimately our whole room and things in it shook. One time there's this unearthly roar which woke me up while having a nightmare and got all the neighbors dogs barking.

Things changed in the recent years. I still detect an entity in the house but it's not the same anymore. I think it's a good spirit. I don't get any nightmares anymore, I even stopped getting sick! I could sometimes see and feel it and even lightly touching me but it's not scary anymore. Not like the previous entity.

I'm not entirely sure if the spirit changed and it's still the same entity. Actually, I'm the one that changed mentally (mostly) in recent years. My change has been dramatic for the good, I became much less of a "sheeple" and became more sensitive to other people. Perhaps for that reason, this entity previously hostile to me have become my ally.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I remember now, one time this occurred to me, I was lifting a heavy object, 60 kilogram - things we regularly load at the truck.

Again, I don't normally, do heavy lifting. I was the truck driver and technician we have other guys to do the heavy lifting.

I have a slim built like that of a girl and my hands and feet are also like a girl in form and size so I don't normally do heavy lifting stuff.

But one time, we are undermanned so I decided to help the other guys (who promptly refused so I don't hurt myself). 60 kgs is unearthly heavy to me.... But I was also intensely thinking of something else at that time which has nothing to do with a problem, I'm probably just indulging myself with day dream which I usually do and usually geeky in content.

I lifted the 60 kgs while day dreaming and can't believe myself I just did it without seemingly having to spend any effort, nor hurting myself!

I usually hurt myself if I do life 60 kgs which I have done a few times before. And I rarely do it. Could adrenaline make me immune to injury too?

I think I should try to do an experiment today. I'll see if I can conjure something to intensely imagine. Thoughts of sex don't work for me because it makes me overly distracted.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
You mean you just ran up 7 flights of stairs and learned you were Athletic?

Good one!

I did it again and learned it was purely mental energy. I was panting like a dog the 2nd time I did it (several hours later) while focusing on the task.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

But my heart rate and respiration was the same after I ran those 7 floors up the stairs.
That's very unlikely. You didn't actually measure it before and after, right?

I used to run up and down 20 flights of stairs for fun, and it was almost effortless for me, but my heart rate still increased.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Out of curiosity so I can paint a more accurate picture, are you a big fatty seeing that you sit and lay down all the time?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
At one time i could run for miles just loping along at my own at a steady pace.

But if i tried to keep up with someone i would get winded in less then a mile.

Try pushing your self then the next day just let your body pick the pace.

Your body will pick a pace that lets you breathing and heart rate balance with the workload.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have had a similar experience but on a bicycle. From time to time i go out on sprint runs, kinda short distance, about 12km, it is usually a big struggle since i have a rheumatic decease that makes it hard for me to exercise on a regular basis so i usually loose my breath and my heart is racing like crazy on those runs, i usually peddle 100 meters, then let the bike roll to almost a complete stop, then peddle 100 meter etc.

Anyway, 2 years ago i was out on one of those sprints (or stints, whatever) and i felt nothing, i did not get any noticeable higher pulse, i breathed like normal and i peddled like crazy, just 2 days before i had made the same stint and it was a real struggle, the time after my "superpower" stint it was back to normal too and i struggle too so no, i had not improved on my physical performance.

Is was kinda a surreal experience that one time, i felt my pulse several times to verify, usually by that time in the sprint my heart would beat kinda fast but really hard, but that one weird time, it did not beat fast or hard, sure it was probably beating a little faster than in resting mode but not noticeable.

Also the muscles, they usually get deprived of their energy 30% into the stint and after that i can barely get any speed/momentum on my bike, but that one time, i seemed to have an endless source of energy, my muscled did not get tired at all during that stint.

I have talked with people around me but they have never experienced that and on one of my regular visits to my doctor i asked about it too but he did not know of anything that could explain it.
edit on 2014-6-15 by JesperA because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-6-15 by JesperA because: Damn, how do i turn of the spellchecker, it replaces "i" with "a" and "is" with "it" on wrong places..........

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
LOL only in America would someone find it strange they ran up some stairs without collapsing from exhaustion.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

What just happened???

You just told us that

I ran up 7 floors in my compound.

Cool.

Did you predict it before hand?

It got me into thinking.... If I could place my mind in such state all the time, I could theoretically, never get tired, regardless of what physical activity I'm doing. Like I said, I'm not athletic. From almost collapsing and gasping to air to like nothing happened, it is just impossible, I have not heard of it in any workout regime.

No, you would get tired. You stopped didn't you or are you still running up stairs while posting in this thread?

How would not remembering what you thought about when running up stairs theoretically never make you tired?

My mind is most definitely involved in this unusual anomaly.

Your mind and every persons mind is involved with motor functions of the body.

This is just biologically impossible.

So people who run up 55+ story buildings are Gods or Supermen?

Thanks for the thread telling us you ran up stairs.

I once opened a door and walked through it.

I might start a thread one day, I just have figure out what it all meant, 35 years of research and I am getting close to an answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It really has to do with performing intense imagination which sends me into autopilot mode and lose track of time and everything becomes effortless.

And you cant remember what you thought about at the time + this above =

One hell of a daydream.

Seriously what I am reading is you describing a day dream.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It would take great mental discipline to actually pull it off reliably if I have correctly pinpointed the source of the anomaly as the mind.

I think you can Pull It Off as reliably as anyone else,

I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking of running at that time, I was thinking of something else.

Hold on there one second....

In your OP you said couldn't recall what you were thinking, now you know what you weren't and that you were thinking of something else?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join