It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone been to Huainan City in Anhui, China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just had an opportunity pop up to spend about a month in this region. Has anyone been there? Not a ton about it on the net surprisingly but the plan is to fly a month long festival there. I will get a couple of days off a week and most of the middle of each day to wander around. Anyone have any thoughts on the area or other places to visit with-in a two day range?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

It sounds like a great trip. Sounds like it is work related. You will have to write a little about the culture and the people there from an outsiders aspect. I think we have some people here from China. I am not sure they can say much though.

It will take a month to learn to basically understand the culture I suppose. I wouldn't be writing anything bad from within China though, you may have to spend extra time there without pay.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Been there a few times .. nice place been a few years but theres alot to see and do there depending what your interested in theres a nearby nature park or at night some good karaoke places you can drink beer and sing or if you like unusual buildings check out the piano house .. have your umbrella gets bit of rain this time of year also some good places to eat .. enjoy your visit there think you will enjoy it when you see it

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Thanks for the input! Heard about the piano house, sounds interesting. Also a couple of the sites in the local mountains sounds good. Don't like Karaoke much but like having beers in places I have never been. Should get a fair bit of free time as work is only 4 to six hours per day when the weather is good. looking at Mid September to mid October.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

No worries you can always have a few beers and listen to everyone else sing .. alot will probably even buy you beers and try to get you to sing so dont be surprised if they do its all in fun the people are quite friendly and do like westerners .. some cute women there too ..
Its a good time to visit there at present they get alot of rain the next couple months .. the norm rains seasons

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The women are pretty and friendly.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Shangyao National Foresta reply to: Mamatus

You should go, that is a very nice city and they have some beautiful mountains and parks.
The Bagong Mountain's are a national geo-park, the mountain consists of some forty peaks. It is praised to be one of the birthplaces of the Chu-Han Culture. There is also an ancient battlefield there, private gardens, old temple, pagoda and nunnery.

Then there's Shangyao National Forest Park. Forest makes up the main landscape of the park, but it also has a great deal of historical and religious sites, such as the ancient temple built in Jin and Ming dynasties, Cliff-side inscriptions, caves, and stone bridge.
Here is a website for you.
China tour
This city is 24 hours by train south of my home city of Harbin, China.
Bangong Mountain

edit on 11-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
You're Absolutely Correct, They Are!!!! There's Lots Of Reasons To Go To China.
My wife visit's friends and family and me and my brother in law goes to Hooters.
This isn't us of-course.

You can Bet Expat888 Knows What We're Talking About!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
You're Absolutely Correct, They Are!!!! There's Lots Of Reasons To Go To China.
My wife visit's friends and family and me and my brother in law goes to Hooters.
This isn't us of-course.

You can Bet Expat888 Knows What We're Talking About!!!

This is my China Doll song that I wrote.

app.box.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Great Song, Really very good.
Did you get married or are you waiting for her interview and Visa approval.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Great Song, Really very good.
Did you get married or are you waiting for her interview and Visa approval.

Got married. Our child is now in the 20's. Still live in Asia with the wife. Pension time, guitar time, fishing time and yep, fried rice is my favorite meal still. Although I miss Thai fried rice, maybe one day I'll get to Bangkok again and enjoy some shrimp fried rice at one of them evening stalls.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That's GREAT!
Our daughter is 24, unmarried and lives here, I'm very traditional Chinese woman.
Our daughter has two degrees now.
Yes, we live in America, my husband retired and we became American Citizens, My husband
is a American.
WE go back to Harbin China my home city to visit my parents every year, we also keep a condo there.
My husband favorite meal, beef or shrimp fried rice with water chestnuts and fried baby octopus with sweet and sour sauce and a big Cold Bottle of Harbin Beer with a rice wine chaser.

HEY Our Friend Expat888, you out there on the River, I know it's not Happy Hour Yet,,, how about a glass of rice wine?

People ask me, You Miss China? Yes and No. People in China and when I go to Thailand and Vietnam with my husband I notice are friendlier and more helpful.
Just don't expect to travel and live off of your Credit Cards in Asia.
I'm so Very Happy you have found Happiness and Peace.
Mrs. g

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Good evening .. thank you always love a good glass of rice wine .. it 2345 at moment sat out in garden enjoying the night ..

Always enjoy my trips to china have a weakness for szechuan cooking that try to indulge when there between visits to karaoke lounges ( terrible singer till after about the tenth round of drinks ) for awhile had been married to a gal from guangzhou .. unfortunetly spent too much time off working and it didnt last with her .. ahh well life goes on ..

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

My Vet Buddy,,, the wife told me you posted and I know it's late there, it's 09:30 AM here in Phx. AZ.
Getting ready to go to Costco, Loading up the 5th wheel for a run to Big Lake for a week, to get out of the Heat!!!!
I have a case of Harbin beer and a case of Rice wine, I Don't Need No Stinky Food!!!

Stay safe my friend and get a goods nights rest.
I no it's got to be taxing hiding from 13 ex's,,,,

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

That's GREAT!
Our daughter is 24, unmarried and lives here, I'm very traditional Chinese woman.
Our daughter has two degrees now.
Yes, we live in America, my husband retired and we became American Citizens, My husband
is a American.
WE go back to Harbin China my home city to visit my parents every year, we also keep a condo there.
My husband favorite meal, beef or shrimp fried rice with water chestnuts and fried baby octopus with sweet and sour sauce and a big Cold Bottle of Harbin Beer with a rice wine chaser.

HEY Our Friend Expat888, you out there on the River, I know it's not Happy Hour Yet,,, how about a glass of rice wine?

People ask me, You Miss China? Yes and No. People in China and when I go to Thailand and Vietnam with my husband I notice are friendlier and more helpful.
Just don't expect to travel and live off of your Credit Cards in Asia.
I'm so Very Happy you have found Happiness and Peace.
Mrs. g

Hi, so nice hearing a little about you. Like to keep a little conversation going on with you if you don't mind. I've always had many Chinese business friends in the States. I was a real estate broker in Los Angeles at one time. OK, catch ya next time on line. not sure if this place has private messages or not.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Yep they have private messaging .. either click on the little figure of a person on someones profile under their avatar or the little envelope icon top right of screen to get messaging options ..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua
Sounds like a great week ahead .. in midst of making more sake here as my miscreant macaque pinched my last beer awhile back ..

Hehe shhh.. out here in the boonies they cant find me .. most probably think im dead by now as not heard from any of them in ages ..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Yep they have private messaging .. either click on the little figure of a person on someones profile under their avatar or the little envelope icon top right of screen to get messaging options ..

Hey, many thanks on this one. Still getting my way around here. Place is filled with really great people. Not sure where you are, but I'm kind a stranded among the rice paddies here in Asia. life though at my age is about , sh.. what do I do next, swat a fly or go dew worn digging for the daily fishing gig.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Welcome .. it does get confusing around here at times still figuring things out with the site ..

Spend most the year out in the vietnam ..laos .. cambodia border area on my annual trips to civilization visit my kids and grandkids in vietnam , china and back in japan ..

Do fishing the easy way here sit under tree and let my cormorants catch dinner .. then maybe do bit of work in garden .. and between times pop on here to see what goes on in the rest of the world ..

Your wife would most likely give you the boot for some the places id recommend visiting .. better to let you keep a harmonious home .. though you could always try to find a taiji class - good for the health along with relaxing or take up golf as can find courses in alot of places .. it just takes awhile to get used to the slower pace out in the country ..

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Im going next week.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join