It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson Granted Parole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If something looks to good to be true, or too bad to be true, it probably is.

It's fairly easy to determine if an article is hoax. Check the other stories on the site. Do a google search with the gist or headline and the word "hoax". Read the story for tone. Most hoax/satires are intended to be funny. And, finally, ask yourself: Would this big a story just be reported on some rinky-dink site?

But, that said, we all get fooled every once and awhile. We take our lumps for being dumb. And move on.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Yeah in all honesty I didn't browse the site to much. It was posted to my facebook by gorillia media network and took it at face value without researching it much. Eh no sweat of my neither regions either way, just glad it was fake after all.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Are you married to Jody Foster?
No worries then. r reply to: MarlinGrace

One can only wish.... But after her Golden Globe speech she swings in the other direction.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
CRAP! he had such a great future as a motivational speaker for FAR left progressive race baiting.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel

Yeah in all honesty I didn't browse the site to much. It was posted to my facebook by gorillia media network and took it at face value without researching it much. Eh no sweat of my neither regions either way, just glad it was fake after all.

The problem is if you research every site, every source link, every article that we use to create threads you would never even get to start typing. Then when you find out you have made a mistake some members act as if a crime of unsurmountable proportion has been done. I say the heck it with and we do the best we can. It happens to everyone.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
At this stage? Releasing Manson would be more punishment than help to the man. He couldn't function on any reasonable level, and this from a man who couldn't function all THAT well back before his plots got him Death, then LWOP after the Supers decided to commute death sentences. (He got real lucky there).

Release him now though? Hell, he'd probably be beaten to death on the street by punks trying for bragging rights inside a month. If that didn't happen, he'd violate himself to get BACK in for being totally and completely unable to cope with modern life.

After all..What was the state of technology and society when last he saw it in any meaningful way?

Life in 1971. July of 1971 was when he was found guilty. So, it's as good a point as any to choose for the example. A different world, indeed.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
HOAX

It's not discussed here because it's a hoax.
Sorry ... you got hoaxed.

I am starting to see that now. FYI Guerrilla Media Network was the original source of the story, thats why I bought into it.

Now you can add that to your list of unreliable sources that need to be double-checked.

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
The problem is if you research every site, every source link, every article that we use to create threads you would never even get to start typing.

I have to disagree.

A) It doesn't take that long.

B) You should do it regardless before posting a thread.

EDIT: For example: you know a story like that is going to be in the mainstream media. A google news search for "Manson" pulls up the hoax instantly. 15 seconds.

This is going to rub people the wrong way but you need to double-check "alternative media" a lot. Not that it's always reliable but (for example) you're not going to see the New York Times fall for something like this.
edit on 6-6-2014 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2014 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The problem is if you research every site, every source link, every article that we use to create threads you would never even get to start typing. Then when you find out you have made a mistake some members act as if a crime of unsurmountable proportion has been done. I say the heck it with and we do the best we can. It happens to everyone.

Determining hoax like this one takes seconds. Maybe if you're very unfamiliar with web searching, a few minutes.

But most ATSers spend far more time than that composing rambling screeds. Or creating graphics with lots of red arrows and lines on them to debunk somethingorother.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Granted this is a hoax, but does anyone think this guy would have been released by now had he sort of changed his odd behavior and whatnot? Say he learned the error of his ways or whatever, instead of doing what I imagine he probably did at parole hearings, and instead behaved normally...I don't know what his initial sentence was, but I would not imagine it would have been life without the possibility of parole, considering he was not the physical murderer. I guess I could go look it up. But about that. I probably won't. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: FlyersFan
HOAX

It's not discussed here because it's a hoax.
Sorry ... you got hoaxed.

I am starting to see that now. FYI Guerrilla Media Network was the original source of the story, thats why I bought into it.

Now you can add that to your list of unreliable sources that need to be double-checked.

The problem is if you research every site, every source link, every article that we use to create threads you would never even get to start typing.

I have to disagree.

A) It doesn't take that long.

B) You should do it regardless before posting a thread.

EDIT: For example: you know a story like that is going to be in the mainstream media. A google news search for "Manson" pulls up the hoax instantly. 15 seconds.

This is going to rub people the wrong way but you need to double-check "alternative media" a lot. Not that it's always reliable but (for example) you're not going to see the New York Times fall for something like this.

I got caught on one the other day, and 3 of the first 5 in the goggle search all said the same thing. Then you have blogs both left and right and a good 15 or 20 report the same thing. By the time I am done it has been an hour, so I do a search quickly scan so I don't sound like a nut case, and end up getting committed anyway. lol

What might be a good idea if one doesn't already exist is a step by step guide to researching a post and creating a thread. Is there an acceptable practice? Often times I check the authors source and many many times it's a blog. Maybe we need standards or something on that line.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Granted this is a hoax, but does anyone think this guy would have been released by now had he sort of changed his odd behavior and whatnot? .

He won't get out no matter what.

The women involved have all completely reformed, are remorseful and denounced Manson and they can't get paroled.

Susan Atkins died in prison.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join