It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOT : best swordsman / fighter ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
watching the differences betyween books and TV series develop - I wonder who would actually prove to be the best figher in the entire GOT world ???

several names are obvious contenders :

ser Jamie lannister ?

ser barriston selmy ?

ser gregor clegane ?

others its harder to jusge - mainly because of lack of info

syrio forrell - hyped up in both book and series - but unresolved in his only fight

oberon martell ?? -

khal droggo ??? - he didn't get to be khal by negotiation

bron ? -

lady brienne of tarth ?? - only has 2 fights of consequence - but defeated ser loras in a tourney fight

ser loras Tyrell ??

fat belwass ?? - the books say he was undefeated - but a very different combat style / discipline to a westerosi knight

sandor clegane ?? he did manage to hold off his own brother in a fight

the situation becomes more blurred when factoring in age and changing circumstance

but no one else really springs to mind

lord eddard stark is dismissed in the books as a competent warrior - which indicates that selmy or lannister would have likely won a fight with him

any one I missed ??

I cannot think of anyone north of the wall or nights watch that stands out
edit on 6-6-2014 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Tyrion Lannister - he would talk every opponent out of their minds and finally would use his trusty crossbow..

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Since you said best fighter : Jaqen H'ghar ( the man who helped arya stark out of a few tough spots.)

He is a very gifted assassin/fighter

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Arya Stark !!!!

Seriously tho i just love the combo of Arya Stark and the hound. Could watch them all day.
edit on b3535503 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AprilFooseball
Since you said best fighter : Jaqen H'ghar ( the man who helped arya stark out of a few tough spots.)

The faceless men of Braavos are *the* best fighters - hands down.

Valar Morghulis.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

originally posted by: AprilFooseball

The faceless men of Braavos are *the* best fighters - hands down.

Valar Morghulis.

they are the best for sure!

Just not the most entertaining to watch, gotta love the hound hacking through 10 guys and taking a few cuts on the way.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I gotta go faceless men too. Especially since in the books we are seeing the training process they take.

Besides them, it's barrison semly.

Oberyn martell was only in half a book but my fav character. Love how the show handled him.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Little Finger.
Never lifted a blade and killed thousands.
Use yer mind man!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The Chunky Monkey of the North, Samwell Tarly. He killed an Other.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No Way! Oberyn martell from the show + a dragon glass spear= pile of dead white walkers!!!!

Lol I know you were kidding anyway,

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I don't think their is any doubt who the most dangerous man is...Petyr Baelish.

When it is all said and done I could see him being the one standing.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Given time, Arya will kill anyone that stands in her way. Once her training is complete.

As it stands? Probably Brienne. If Jaime had not lost his hand then Jaime no doubt.

But if we are talking about history, Ser Arthur Dayne comes to mind. Given Barristan that Bold is still a competent Knight, he was a prodigy in his prime. Aegon the Dragonknight. Ser Duncan the Tall (Dunk), Ser Jorah Mormont is pretty good. Quorin Halfhand, I'm willing to bet Jaeor Mormont was good in his prime. As mentioned, Strong Belwas is a beast so he's good. Daario is pretty good to. Robert Baratheon...
edit on Cpm5Friday4120140030Fri, 06 Jun 2014 17:41:00 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Ned beat author dayne.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
Ned beat author dayne.

Only Howland Reed knows what actually happened and Ned admitted that if he were not there Dayne would have killed him.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Indeed he did, Lord Eddard Stark was a virtuous swordsman in his own right, one could easily argue that had it not been for Ned, Robert might not have won the Iron Throne. Given, Ned was likely a better commander and lord than he was a soldier.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Great point! I had forgotten about that!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The Mountain, he's like 8 ft tall and well known for his ability to crush skulls with out a care in the world.

Quburn's little project, Ser Robert Stong will probably be a killing machine, maybe even more so than the Mountain was.

My guess, Arya will end up being one of the most lethal characters by the end of the series. Winterfell!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The best fighter?
My vote goes to the one with three large, hungry, fire breathing dragons. Daenerys Targaryen.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i have to disagree on Jaqen H'ghar - he is one of the coolest characters and one of my personal favorites characters - but my [ admittedly ] unstated rule of this thread was a 1 on one melle situation with both combatants determinied to kill the other

he is very deadly - but he doesn't take people on face to face

and in the books the only time he takes on ANYONE face on - he brings backup [ and his enemies in that incident were just basic soldiers ]

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
dam - I forgot that ser jorah mormont got " mentions in dispatches " for he prowess during robersts rebellion

top topics

<<   2 >>

join