It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Of Thrones WTH? No Good, Uber Evil, SOB

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think I'm losing my marbles. I read the books when they first came out and when they said that they were going to make it into a TV series I was quite excited. But when I saw the first couple of episodes I thought I was watching a different book made into film. Where, oh where did all these sex scenes come from? As far as I remember there was no such sexual activity in the books. Also note that as season 4 is being shown now you will notice that the plots are not written by George Martin but by David Benioff and D.B.Weiss with George Martin giving only minimal input. Having said that I personally believe that Peter Dinklage should be given an Oscar or whatever they give TV actors. With out giving any spoilers his performances in series 4 are acting gold.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You missed the sex in the books? There was a bunch of it. Tyrion and his "ladies" Jon Snow and his wildling. Jamie and Cersei. Cersei and Lancel. And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head, having read the books as they came out.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

a reply to: MojaveBurning

Thanks to you both! I am glad to hear that it won't be ending so soon.

a reply to: Thisbseth

Get in line!!! Me first!

a reply to: snarky412

That's how it sucked me in. Spending time at the hospital and my husband gone on his fishing trip... I had to find something easily accessible online to watch besides Andy Griffith reruns (which are still good unless you have seen each one about a hundred times). The first night I found them I realized the sun was up when I finally bothered to look up. Ever since that night, I have been trying to get in 4 or 5 episodes. It's a sickness!

I did not realize they filmed on location though. It did/does look awfully real... I guess that's why. I haven't dug around too much looking for facts on it so I can avoid spoilers until I am caught up. When I finally catch up, I am going to have to research all the interesting things folks are saying about it. Maybe it will give me something to do in the off season.

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I am glad to see that I am not the only one. They made him so terribly evil that you do realistically feel a level of hate for him. That's good writing for sure!

edit on 6/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
You missed the sex in the books? There was a bunch of it. Tyrion and his "ladies" Jon Snow and his wildling. Jamie and Cersei. Cersei and Lancel. And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head, having read the books as they came out.

Daario and Dany. Khal and Dany. And my favorite, Missandei and Dany.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
WTH GOT? Robb Stark, his wife, and his mother??

Grrrrrr.....

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
WTH GOT? Robb Stark, his wife, and his mother??

Grrrrrr.....

Damn dude. Did you pull a binge watching over the last day or 2?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I did sadly enough. I am currently on season 3 episode 10. The husband has been out of town, my daughter has been at camp... I had to do something.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I did sadly enough. I am currently on season 3 episode 10. The husband has been out of town, my daughter has been at camp... I had to do something.

Well...I would have done the exact same.

Are you using Netflix, or dvd's, etc.... or are you able to watch the current seasons episodes to? (season 4)
edit on 8-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I am able to watch all of the episodes available to catch up fortunately. I should probably be caught up in the next few days. That will be bittersweet as I will have to wait for the new episodes to get a fix.

I wish it was on Netflix... It would make it so much easier to watch.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I am able to watch all of the episodes available to catch up fortunately. I should probably be caught up in the next few days. That will be bittersweet as I will have to wait for the new episodes to get a fix.

I wish it was on Netflix... It would make it so much easier to watch.

Well, there's only 2 more episodes left this season, including the episode that will air tonight. It looks like you will be caught up with the rest of us in a day or 2.....and then we all wait another week for the final episode, and then wait a year or so for the next season to air. (time will go by really slow!)
edit on 8-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

A year or so?? What punishment is this?

I guess with all the details and locations involved that is to be expected. I suppose it's worth the wait.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

A year or so?? What punishment is this?

I guess with all the details and locations involved that is to be expected. I suppose it's worth the wait.

I hate the wait to, but it's worth it. Plus, the next season and the season after are already confirmed by HBO. I think they are forecasting a total of 8 seasons at the moment.

There's already enough left in the latest books to cover the 5th season and probably the 6th season, and GRRM has been working on more books for awhile now, so there's still a bunch left.

Good thing the Walking Dead starts back up in October I believe. That'll hold me over until a few months into next year, and then (hopefully) the next season of GOT will be beginning.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687
I hate the wait to, but it's worth it. Plus, the next season and the season after are already confirmed by HBO. I think they are forecasting a total of 8 seasons at the moment.

My cousin works for HBO in casting for their series. She let me know that the present cast is signed through six seasons. At this time there are no plans to add an eighth but a seventh seems very likely. One of the people she just cast will play Maggy the Frog and she is working on the Sand Snakes next.

Filming also starts this month from what she told me and the show will be back in about 9 months.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
YAY FOR RETRIBUTION!!!!

Buh bye Joffrey!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Alright... after another binge I have finally caught up to the rest of you guys.
In doing so, I now have to wait until next week like everyone else.

I really like Tyrion. I wasn't sure I would at first, but other than John Snow... he is my favorite I think. I have my fingers crossed that they will not kill him off, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Now I am off to study a bit more about the show since I don't have to worry about spoilers.

edit on 6/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Awesome! How do you feel about the Kingslayer now?

Personally my least favorite character is Daenerys.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Yay! You made it to the Battle of Castle Black! Those arrows the giants shoot though..... holy #!

As for the final episode, Im wondering what all they will put in it. I have a general idea, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

how could you not like the mother of dragons?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Awesome! How do you feel about the Kingslayer now?

Personally my least favorite character is Daenerys.

Cheers!

I do like the King Slayer much better than I did for sure. It was nice to see he had some honor when the time came. I go back and forth about Daenerys. At some points I really like her, at other points I think there is much more to her than what we are seeing. Of course, I haven't read the books so I have no clue if she winds up being super evil or not. The way they write her keeps you guessing all the way.

And I KNEW that the Viper was going to keep running his mouth until he got killed. I knew it in my bones. lol He was far to cocky. I am hoping beyond hope that Tyrion is not going to be killed this week.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687

Yay! You made it to the Battle of Castle Black! Those arrows the giants shoot though..... holy #!

As for the final episode, Im wondering what all they will put in it. I have a general idea, but I could be wrong.

I made it to the battle of Castle Black!
The arrows and the giants were awesome effects for sure. I caught myself holding my breath more than a few times before it finally went off. I am hoping John Snow is not going out on a suicide mission after his wildling girlfriend was killed. You could tell it broke his heart. You kind of held out hope for both of them while knowing it couldn't be.

I am excited to see next weeks episode, but hope I don't need tissues if Tyrion is killed off. I think he is one of the few that actually has a bit of honor in that whole messed up family.

We shall see!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join