It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Of Thrones WTH? No Good, Uber Evil, SOB

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Since there are books, is it possible that they can continue the story line after the book ends? Or will they end it like the book ends?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The final two books of the series have not been published yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Supposedly the author is working on a new one now, although his last new one was preceding by a many year gap, so who knows when it will come out!

Plus, I think the show is starting to take some creative license, so who knows where they will go with things. Can't say more than that without leaking spoilers.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I only saw 10 minutes of one episode last year while visiting friends. In that few minutes a character was heard to say, "You're a f_*king c_*t",and then it was repeated again within a few more minutes.

Ok, so the show looks great, the characters look about right and obviously someone has put a lot of effort into making it look so good.

But, if I want to hear obscene language I will invite the ferals/boguns around for coffee, because they can say the "F" word 6 times in one 10 word sentence without even realising they have. And, all people they refer to are called the "C" word. So again you hear it a few times in one sentence.

So, I do not want to hear obscene language coming out of my TV, in my loungeroom. I don't invite ferals/boguns for the same reason.

Look what the agenda has done in such a short time. It's made being a stupid, respect-lacking, brainless bogun fashionable.

Yep, "Idiocracy" here we come.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldie48

I think its best you don't watch more than that 10 minutes if it's the cursing that bothers you. There is way more than the language that would upset you.

There are times that scenes from 'Brokeback Mountain' seem tame in comparison.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

I think its best you don't watch more than that 10 minutes if it's the cursing that bothers you. There is way more than the language that would upset you.

There are times that scenes from 'Brokeback Mountain' seem tame in comparison.

I second this. If you cant handle some cursing, this show is definitely not for you.

There's a reason why the main character death scenes in this show are rated as the most gruesome of all TV shows.
edit on 5-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

What's a bogun? I dig that word...

edit on 5-6-2014 by LadySkadi because: don't make me resort to urban dictionary

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

That's what I was thinking. While I could do without the cursing and 5 kajillion boob shots (among other shots), I can still enjoy the show. I have heard some phrases that did make me cringe, but I have heard those same phrases while shopping in Wal-Mart.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

the books don't " end " - apart from character deaths - there are no conclusions to any story arcs

SPOLIERS :

and sometimes even being dead doesn't mean its truly over for a character

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Love the show...and yes if i ever meet him I'm going to slap him so hard for being such a douche ....

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Isn't cussing a form of expression? you conformist...

jk..

but really.....why the hate?

Swearing is believed to have been around since the beginnings of language. However, written language came long after spoken language, so it's impossible to know the exact details of how the practice began. And since swearing is technically a social taboo, many written texts leave it out altogether. Researchers first see profanity in some of the very first written texts, dating back about 5,000 years and including off-color descriptions of human forms and functions [source: Angier]. Profanity in written texts doesn't appear with much frequency, however, until the about the 16th century -- the works of William Shakespeare, for example, include profanity, which in some cases is so severe that his works have sometimes been censored over the years [source: Socyberty].

LINK

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: combatmaster

Will do. I am really enjoying it more than I thought I would (except for Joffrey). I didn't expect to like it all, which is why it took me so long to check it out.

The effects, characters, and story lines are constantly twisting in many directions. It keeps you interested for sure.

That's what drew us in, the locations and multitudes of twisted plots going on
Boy, you have a looong way to go......*no spoilers, I know*

The way we got hooked is we never saw season 1 and just before Season 2 came out, they had a marathon of them all day long on Sat.-- the day before the new season
Well, since it was raining and we were bored, we thought WTH, let's see what all the hoopla is about with GOT and watched the whole season 1 that day
Then watched Season 2 the next night and that's all she wrote, now we are addicted to it. LOL

We really admire the work that goes into authenticating the costumes as well as the various locations
No blue screens with phony scenery...Iceland, New Zealand, Morocco, just to name a few areas

Can't wait for Sun.nite's episode, except that will leave only 1 left for the season, then we'll be having GOT withdrawal symptoms!!!
*sniffles*

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So, here is the thing, even in the area where you requested no spoilers, there are spoilers in this thread (hey, this season and this episode..yadda yadda). GoTs is meant to basically blindside you with stuff..and you got people here saying to be prepared for being blindsided.

So, ignore everyones comment, and just watch the rest of em without checking out any more about the series until your caught up...because people love giving spoilers out..even when they aren't trying.

What may be fun though is to just use this thread to type out reactions to remarkable episodes...watch the progression.

Its pretty much the best show I have seen..ever. Best writing, best character development, most authentic creation. Had mom and dad watch it, they became super hooked.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i have to chuckle at the offence caused by a smattering of profanity and nudity amidst a sea of violence

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: Swills

I started to realize that when they killed Lord Stark. I thought for sure they weren't going to. I hated that they actually did.

Then again, that is part of what makes it so good. You never know.

This is precisely why I love GoT.
It doesn't stick to the conventional expectations. If it did, we'd all be living happily ever after in Winterfell by now...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

It doesn't stick to the conventional expectations

Probably the best description of this show.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

This is the only televsion series I'm following......I am pretty obsessed, I'd say! lol
What I like about GOT is that you cannot speculate and you cannot anticipate what's going to happen.....no character is safe! I admit it's a 'tad' gory at times and they don't hold back during sexual scenes also, but maybe that is one of the erm....'charms'...lol

I have to admit that the other night, watching The Viper Vs The Mountain, I ended up covering my mouth and almost screeched in horror......

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Oh yes, he's an easy character to hate. And Jack Gleeson (sp?) plays him to the hilt. The portrayal of King Joffrey Baratheon makes me want to reach into my computer monitor and choke the life out of him.

Martin wrote him very well.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What is it?

More Tolkienesque kings, queens and goblins escapism, by any chance?

I think I'll pass.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I can't watch the show, personally. I did start it, made it to episode 4, and I'll admit, it was pretty good so far. But I am one of those people who gets really annoyed when everyone and their mothers won't stop talking about something. Everywhere you go, it's GoT this, GoT that, you can't go anywhere without hearing about it. So usually when that happens, I can't watch the show. That, and apparently only the terrible survive in that show/book, so I'd rather not read/watch something that'll piss me off on a regular basis. lol

Now, thanks to South Park, this is all I think of when people mention GoT.(OP, don't watch the video, there is a spoiler in there, even though it's meant for humor. You've been warned. lol)

www.youtube.com...

I have no clue how to imbed. lol
edit on 6-6-2014 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join