It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces Plans For A Third Term Presidential Run

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

No i dont need to, im ok with and it probably came from a crap/hoaxed source, still i thought this would happen long ago before this was said in the source...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lifeishigh
still i thought this would happen long ago before this was said in the source...

Oh, I see, you are one of those...... "I saw it on the innernet so it must be true"

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
from the source story;

A bill to abolish the 22nd Amendment was recently introduced into Congress by New York Democratic Rep. Jose Serrano and is gaining popularity. This is exactly the kind of news that makes an Obama 2016 Presidential run possible.

Hmmm.

Don't blink.

0bama would love this !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What a moron, and to think that Jose Serrano bears the same name as my father, I will say no more.

I am ashamed my fellow Puertorrican.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I really wish he could or would...lol.

Just to see the right freak out even more. Just to let them know, the majority of Americans are intelligent and do not share their outdated beliefs.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
from the source story;

A bill to abolish the 22nd Amendment was recently introduced into Congress by New York Democratic Rep. Jose Serrano and is gaining popularity. This is exactly the kind of news that makes an Obama 2016 Presidential run possible.

Actually, it is not uncommon to introduce such a bill...

Serrano has introduced the very same proposal to Congress every two years since 1997 (a total of nine times), regardless of which party was currently occupying the White House and starting well before Barack Obama became involved in national politics. On the first two occasions (in 1997 and 1999) the incumbent president was a Democrat (Bill Clinton); the next four occasions (2001, 2003, 2005, and again in 2007), were after the election of a Republican (George W. Bush). Rep. Serrano's 2013 bill is the third time he has proposed that same legislation to Congress since the election of Barack Obama, following similar efforts in 2009 and 2011.

Likewise, another Democrat, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, introduced a similar proposal six times in recent years, also regardless of which party was currently occupying the White House.

Hoyer introduced such proposals in 1995, 1997, and 1999 (all during the presidency of Bill Clinton), and again in 2001, 2003, and 2005 (all during the presidency of George W. Bush).

Other members of Congress who have offered similar proposals in the last twenty years include the following:

Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts (Democrat): 1995, 1997, and 1999 (all during the presidency of Bill Clinton).

Rep. David Dreier of California (Republican): 1997 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).

Rep. Jerrold Nadler of New York (Democrat): 1995 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).

Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky (Republican): 1995 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).

Rep. Guy Vander Jagt of Michigan (Republican): 1991 (during the presidency of George H.W. Bush).

Rep. Martin Sabo of Minnesota (Democratic-Farmer-Labor): 1991 (during the presidency of George H.W. Bush).

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
It's not any less credible than Fox News.

Or, similarly (but on the other side of the ideological coin) MSNBC.

It's been my experience that MSNBC -- especially their "commentator shows", such as the shows with Rachel Maddow, Al Sharpton, and Lawrence O'Donnell -- can be just as inaccurate and unfair in their treatment of conservative views as the idiots on FOX unfairly treat liberal views (such as Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity).

I think if we are going to criticize FOX (and they mostly deserve it), we should be just as critical with MSNBC. They both spout half-truths in order to push an agenda.

edit on 6/6/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: speellling

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: xuenchen

What a moron, and to think that Jose Serrano bears the same name as my father, I will say no more.

I am ashamed my fellow Puertorrican.

Well, there could be some merits to the idea of abolishing the 22nd amendment.

For example, I think the majority of the American public back in 1940 would have been disappointed if FDR would not have been able to run again. Granted, there were plenty of people who didn't want FDR to be president again (no president ever gets a HUGE majority), but there was still a majority that would keep on voting for him as long as he could run.

Obviously, the merits of the 22nd amendment is that it keeps a president from becoming too comfortable in the position (say if he or she were there for 5 terms/20 years) and turning into something of a totalitarian ruler, but it also has a disadvantage of forcing out a leader who may have been a highly effective and good one -- i.e., 8 years may not be enough for an effective leader to keep getting things done in a positive way

One compromise might be to still limit the number of presidential terms to 2, but make the term 6 years instead of four. That would give an effective president 12 years to accomplish things. Of course, it gives a bad president 12 years to really screw things up, but hopefully a screw-up president would be kicked out after 6 years.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lifeishigh

No im not ignorant nor guilable (spelling), but judging from your response, u are actually one of those (ignoran sheeple). Im done replying to u. Thanks and honestly, have a great day. hopefully u and many others will open their eyes, but m afraid like always in human nature, it will b to late then...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thank goodness this turned out to be hoax.Im wondering if the country will even survive his 2nd term.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lifeishigh
a reply to: Lifeishigh

No im not ignorant nor guilable (spelling), but judging from your response, u are actually one of those (ignoran sheeple). Im done replying to u. Thanks and honestly, have a great day. hopefully u and many others will open their eyes, but m afraid like always in human nature, it will b to late then...

guess you didn't realize you responded to yourself in this post...
edit on PMu30u0662302302014-06-08T13:02:40-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join