It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool places to visit in Manhattan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hi, im visiting manhattan in a couple of weeks, and i wanted to know what places you atsers reccomend.
Anything at all, could be a good place to eat, a small shop worth stopping by, an old book store, or a bar to go at night.
I already plan to visit the museums and other famous spots, yet im hoping you may help me find those places that dont appear in city guides.
Im a lot into aliens and the paranormal, Im also studying history but i believe I'll have this covered by visiting the MET.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I do not live in Manhattan nor do I go all to often so unfortunately I can not offer up too much knowledge on the little out of the way places.

However, Broadway... I know you said the famous spots are on your list but if a Broadway show is not already part of your agenda then you should make it so. A bit pricey but if you pick the right show, totally worth it.

Have a fun and safe trip

edit on 2-6-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
My family and I are heading there in july. I will be very interested in the comments here.
I do know you better bring plenty of money. Lol

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Carnegie Deli is a must.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crawley

Columbus Circle is a good place to people watch.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The Empire Hotel has a nice little park in front. Maybe Dantes Park? Not sure...Central Park is awesome. There is no end of museums or shows but most interesting to me were the people. I would walk down broadway and be amazed. Be prepared for sensory overload. Thats the way it was for this small town kid.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Mars 2112 was a fun eating experience. You get to take a spaceship ride!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'll definitely go for a walk through Central Park, to get that Woody Allen's movie feel.
Got any tip for a nice bar to chill out at night.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: payta
Hi, im visiting manhattan in a couple of weeks, and i wanted to know what places you atsers reccomend.
Anything at all, could be a good place to eat, a small shop worth stopping by, an old book store, or a bar to go at night.
I already plan to visit the museums and other famous spots, yet im hoping you may help me find those places that dont appear in city guides.
Im a lot into aliens and the paranormal, Im also studying history but i believe I'll have this covered by visiting the MET.
Grand Central Station - beautiful structure. Eat in the Oyster Bar below the station and get to fulfill two of your desires. Take a ride on the Staten Island Ferry. Free with good view of the Statue of Liberty. As others said, hit Central Park and visit Strawberry Fields then head north to The Cathedral of St. John the Divine on the North West side of the park. I'll think of other stuff, but there's a good start.

top topics

join