It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP and Strangeness at South Lebanon Ohio Grave Yard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi all, my brother in law and I have been amateur paranormal investigators for a couple of years now and have had a lot of fun on the way. Yesterday, we went to a very, very old cemetery near South Lebanon, Ohio. I won't name it to protect it's privacy.

This place was off the road and up a hill. The grave markers are eroded to the point of bare legibility. We drove by it earlier and decided to come back and check it out as something to do while visiting. We geared up and headed out, after completing the days activities with our wives.

When we arrived, I turned on the HD Drift camera, the Sony stereo digital recorder, ghost radar (don't laugh, we have a data point that's curious) and of course, the good ole K2's.

To make a long story short, the meter started going nuts as soon as we approached the first grave of a man who's first name was "Joseph". He had fought in the civil war, was wounded and died after his medical discharge from the army (I think from the wound he received). We looked up his name, but could find no name of the spirit that was trying to communicate with us.

These are the clearest EVP's we have gotten from any where. They have not been edited in any way and you can hear it on 2 sources. The sony voice recorder and the drift video camera. The video camera also recorded the K2 going crazy. The strange this about the ghost radar was that it brought up the word "correct" like 3 minutes we heard it. We start asking it's name. After my brother in law said "are you related to Joseph" it says "correct". We start saying names and "Tank" shows up on ghost radar. So we say "Is your name "Tank""? As a car passes it says "Wyatt" clear as a bell.

Unfortunately we received nothing else.

Here's a link to the audio
soundcloud.com...

Here's a link to the video that will corroborate

Her's a couple pics (I think orbs are dust, but this one looked cool"

imgur.com...

edit on 1-6-2014 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2014 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ArcAngel

That is just to creepy. You can hear Wyatt clear as day.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Interesting!
That's awesome that Wyatt is really clear! -- sometimes on the tv shows I cannot hear what the crew says they are saying for the life of me-lol
Keep up the work- very cool

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this - I always enjoying ghost hunting threads. Thank you also for posting a daytime hunt! I can never understand why so many ghost hunters insist on only doing nighttime investigations.

Wyatt is very clear sounding, but the voice sounds very similar to your brother-in-law's voice. There were several times when he was talking as you were talking, so I can't help but wonder if this is just another instance of him talking. Maybe we was starting to say "Why don't..." as in "Why don't you move over here?" but then stopped short. It would be very understandable if he didn't remember saying that.

Is there anyway to prove it wasn't your brother-in-law speaking? Any video showing his mouth at that time, or is there any voice analysis that can be done to show it wasn't him? Because, honestly, if you can somehow show it wasn't him then this could be a really excellent catch.

A more general question I have that has always puzzled me.... assuming ghosts are a real phenomenon, why would a ghost haunt a cemetery? I thought that if they were earth-bound, they would be more likely to hang around either near the location they died or possibly seek out a specific person or place they were attached to in life. What is the theory behind seeking a ghost in a cemetery?

Thanks again for your post. I hope I don't sound overly critical of your EVP - I do not believe you are hoaxing or anything! I just thought the ghost voice sounded remarkably like your brother-in-laws voice and thought it could be a honest case of mistaken identity. I hope you keep posting ghost hunting finds here.

ETA: I agree, that orb picture is really cool!
edit on 2-6-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

edit on 2-6-2014 by MysteriousEyes1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

I agree. I can never make sense out of what they said they heard either or it doesn't sound like what they say it said. lol

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

It doesn't sound similar to me at all. The person saying correct sounds just like the person saying Wyatt just in a louder tone.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ArcAngel

That cemetery is very very old for the area, I believe some of the original founders of the county and city are there.

that evp is so clear it is unbelievable. I could hear both 'correct' and 'wyatt' plain as day. If I didn't know you guys through ats I would think it was fake.
great catch !

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: horseplay

Thanks a lot Horseplay!

It's our best so far. What was really strange was the K2 going nuts and then nothing at all, nothing. I believe it was a relative named Wyatt. I did a search last night and there is a Wyatt in the Columbus Barracks at the same time during the civil war.

top topics

join