It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wil Wheaton’s new show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The Wil Wheaton project first show was last night.
Wil Wheaton Project

While I am not a big TV person. I just wanted to say, I hope this show does well and gets good ratings!!
I really did enjoy the first show, and thought highly of the program!

I have always been a Wil Wheaton fan, aswell as Chris Hardwick.
Always a true nerd/geek fan here.

Thus I figured I would toss this up on the internet here, so if any of these people where looking through the internet to find some feedback on the show.

You guys have two
from me!

I look forward to more shows!!!
I thought it was hilarious! How they did that Walking dead/Full house promo. had me LOLZ!

If anyone else saw the show and wanted to pipe in.. Feel free

I really hope he can live down all the bad press he got from playing Wes Crusher on one of my favorite TV programs, Star Trek next Gen.
I never did understand why so many people hated Wesly Crusher. He end up as one of the more powerful beings in the known Star Trek universe! Being a Traveler is no small feat! But that is off topic here.
So kudos to the show! I hope it lasts many seasons!!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

He was a bit of a douche on Star Trek and had a poor relationship with the rest of the cast because he thought he was better than everyone due to being in Stand By Me. He was just annoying on TNG and eventually enough was enough and he left.
It wasn't until he got a real hard reality check that he started to redeem himself, he public apologised to the cast of TNG on stage and it was quite heartfelt, that and he's been quite funny in the big bang theory so I'll give him a 2nd chance.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Thanks for the info about that part. I did not realize that part.
But yeah, everyone should be given a 2nd chance!
And I can only hope his reality check gives him some balance, and that his new show does well.

I thank you much for taking your time to post in the thread here and enlighten me to that past.
But as it is, such thing are in past. And in the here and now. I like the guy. And I support his show, and its right up my alley. Being the nerd/geek that I am

Thanks!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I didn't see the show. But I have to say that I like him on Big Bang Theory. He's grown up and more comfortable with himself and more realistic about his career. I especially liked the episode where he and Penny were doing a crappy movie together.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

I'm a fan of all things nerdy. I am a gamer, an actual honest to the gods gamer not someone who plays CoD for eight hours every night, I am a regular DM/GM for Pathfinder and D&D, love Magic: The Gathering and Munchkin. I play Pokémon constantly. I live science fiction and fantasy.

I absolutely freaking hate Wheaton. He is a self obsessed elitist and just reading his twitter posts (for the short time I used twitter) was enough to make me go bananas. I don't support Will Wheaton.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I watched it and altho I was pulling for him, this isn't his forte'. One Colbert is one too many, Wil trying to be funny pretty much isn't. It may get better, so I'll try it one more time.

is there a "meh" icon?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
No one saw him as the super hated scientist in Eureka?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

I watched a lot of Eureka and missed him??? In all fairness once there was too much "allison" drama I mentally checked out.

At least Wheaton hasn't bashed Haven yet!

edit on 28-5-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I agree this isn't his forte. Maybe just because it's the first show, it seemed really forced to me... It's like it's a stand up act, using nerdery for a concept, but changing the things they're talking about, to fit their jokes...

I'd rather have a true nerdversation show, and let the jokes come naturally, or in segments... Not the whole thing... The jokes weren't even THAT good...

That all being said, I'll prolly watch more episodes as they come out, seeing as how I'm addicted to time-wasting entertainment, and the subject matter of this show places it in my radar. Hopefully, this show, if not cancelled quickly, finds its identity, and becomes a good show...

Don't watch for Chris Hardwick (Who I think does his show magnificently, when attractive women aren't contestants)... He's barely in it.

I guess I don't really get why if you're a fan of nerdomness, you rag on it throughout your show... Change your intent of the show, and it could be something.

My rating for the show? 5 out of 10 Cancelled TV Shows.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think mclarenmp4 stated my would-be comments already. I like his web series Table Topics, where they basically explain and test out different board games. (nerdy board games), often with other Sci-Fi celebs.

I haven't caught the show yet, but it is in my DVR queue.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Finally watched a couple of episodes. Isn't bad. Basically it's like Tosh.0 for nerds. I do wish he'd address his audience as "fellow" nerds and geeks though...as it could come off as condescending to some. The show has potential though.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yeah was not to bad. I agree. Wheaton is the B side to Chris H.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to share their thoughts and feelings on the show.
I have kept up with the show each week.

Was good for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
He needs to nix the intro though. Can never tell if I'm seeing a new episode, and as short as the show is, an intro isn't needed. Should just cut right to it, Tosh-style.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I wonder if they saw this thread? Or any of his researchers came across this thread, as the new one a few days ago, had a slight change to the start of the show where it was Tosh style intro.. But then they did go to the standard Wheaton start of the show. Yeah I agree, cut out that intro, and get right down too it.
The show feels really short to me.
I must admit. I have laughed and enjoyed each show I have seen so far.

They did address spoilers, and have cool guest that come on the show.

I can only hope that someone who has something to do with the show finds this thread, and reads it.
The internet is full of hate, and mean spirited comments.

Why is it, that these famous people tend to dwell on the bad press, and give more attention to those who troll on them, or say mean and hateful things?

I understand why Tosh did this. It was all part of his thing. And he played into it damn well! Tosh did not back down, and treated his fans as they should be treated. As it is all in good Jest. Yet at the same time, I think Tosh gets a kick out of being able to donkey punch his viewers.

Back to Wheaton. I agree with you fully on your thoughts. The show does not need that intro.
But over all. I do like the show.

MUCH better than hillbilly ghost hunters for gods sake!!! LOL
Or any of those crap paranormal shows. Sorry do not read to far into that comment folks, I just really do not like paranormal shows.
AS after 10+ years of shows. and all this video footage. We have no real creditable proof of ghosts. lol its just silly.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Fair enough! Thank you for your input japhrimu!
I agree Chris Hardwick has made a really good turn around from his days of drinking and what not.. I think he is able to make light of his past, and has finally come out where he should be. He found his nitch!

Not to mention his Talking Dead, that I REALLY enjoy!

After watching Walking Dead.. I really need a big of therapy.. LOL And Chris helps me get through the trauma I have just witnessed! lol totally realize its all fake, but damn. They do a damn fine job on that. Makes me feel like I am right there with the group.. I won't post any spoilers.. but damn intense!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Thanks for that input! It is good to get another side to the story. I respect your thoughts and feelings on him. As a fellow geek/gamer I must take the good with the bad, and its why I started the thread.
I am glad this did not turn into a Wheaton circle jerk

But if you could for me please fill me in on why you feel the way you do.

I have done some research on him, and when he was younger, he was very pompous, arrogant child star.
But as people grow, they are able to change.

Or is he doing as Chris said.. Classic Wheaton, claiming he is just one of us, while the whole time he thinks he is above the rest of us nerds/geeks/gamers .
And I say that with love in my heart! Nerds, geeks, gamers rock! They are part of my crew! I am all 3 rolled into one crazy mix of who or what is this person.. Is he a boy or a girl? I can't tell.. lol true story

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The show is cringe-worthy.

I really wanted to like it but he needs the Big Bang Theory writers to script some funny for his show too.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The problem with Talking Dead is that it needs to be shorter. I enjoy the show, but an hour, right after an already late show? I just have to watch it the next day. A half hour I could do. (and show the memorial bit soon after starting). I like the chat with the stars, but a bit too much there (and the fan questions could just as easily be worked into the normal Q&A with the stars. The pop-ups are great, as are the surveys/quizzes.

Wheaton is one guy I'd really like to meet. Hopefully soon at some convention or something. Just as he's one of our people. I've met a lot of the STNG cast already at different SciFi Conventions, and it's always been fun.

new topics

top topics

join