It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does 1 part per 4 million Aluminium in rainwater prove chemtrails?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
New Zealand chemtrail believer and blogger Claire Swinney has posted that 0.25 gms per m^3 of aluminium in rainwater is a "high level" on her Chemtrails Watch Northland New Zealand site.

She's posted a number of other tests of rainwater show similar levels eg here (where she also confuses boron with barium), and other links from that page.

These kiwi's seem quite unable to comprehend the units they are reading - eg 0.25 g/m^3 from the original is 250 micro-grams per liter - the EPA's limit in drinking water is 2000 micrograms per liter - so this is 1/th that limit!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

It just comes from dust in the atmosphere.
Why shouldn't we find it in rainwater anyhow?
Worldwide, the largest source of airborne mineral dust is the Sahara Desert,
which produces up to 200 million tons of mineral dust per year.
The second largest source is the Gobi Desert of China, .
These mineral dusts are composed mainly of silicon and aluminum oxides.
In 1967 and 1973, scientists measured aluminum in rain and snow and found levels comparable to those found today. -

See more at: www.thomhartmann.com...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Lot more than just acceptable levels of "dust" coming from Asia…

Link

ETA: If airborne lead particles from Chinese smoke stacks can make it this far what does that say that say about Fukushima contamination?
Nothing in the main stream about the jet stream.

edit on 27-5-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

It just comes from dust in the atmosphere.
Why shouldn't we find it in rainwater anyhow?

Yeah I know - hence the question

Edit: New Zealand gets dust from Australia - eg see the first item in this journal - a trans-Tasman (Australia to NZ)dust transport event from 1984
edit on 27-5-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Those specs don't prove anything. Aluminum is in dust, it is present everywhere. I'd swear that someone is paying people to put out idiotic speculations to discredit the possibility that someone is attempting to modify weather.

Weather modification is common all over. Austin Texas is a big customer of a Canadian company. I found that out when researching sites that did weather modification. The Canadian company does not have to adhere to all the US government's regulations. This company had quite a few clients in the USA. This would be cloud seeding, not chemtrails though.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Weather modification is common all over. Austin Texas is a big customer of a Canadian company. I found that out when researching sites that did weather modification. The Canadian company does not have to adhere to all the US government's regulations.

If the aircraft and pilots are Canadian then they have to be registered and licensed according to Canadian law - but when flying in the USA they have to follow all applicable FAA and other Govt rules and regulations for operating and whatever it is they are dropping or using to seed clouds.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Cloud seeding exists and is real technology.

Chemtrails exist only in the heads of morons.

Why bring cloud seeding into a discussion of chemtrails and why they don't exist?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
New Zealand chemtrail believer and blogger Claire Swinney has posted that 0.25 gms per m^3 of aluminium in rainwater is a "high level" on her Chemtrails Watch Northland New Zealand site.

She's posted a number of other tests of rainwater show similar levels eg here (where she also confuses boron with barium), and other links from that page.

These kiwi's seem quite unable to comprehend the units they are reading - eg 0.25 g/m^3 from the original is 250 micro-grams per liter - the EPA's limit in drinking water is 2000 micrograms per liter - so this is 1/th that limit!

Thanks for the info Aloysius. The aluminum, isn't it thought to be a cause of Alzheimer's?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

No, because jet engines use alluminum components. Ever seen used motor oil ? It's chaulk full of iron to the point it looks black, and not the honey color it started as. Same with the moisture at altitude, fluid plus moving parts equals alluminum in solution.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

These mineral dusts are composed mainly of silicon and aluminum oxides.
In 1967 and 1973, scientists measured aluminum in rain and snow and found levels comparable to those found today. -

See more at: www.thomhartmann.com...

This bears repeating.

A 1967 study in Ontario found average aluminium content in rainwater of 800 micrograms per litre — that is, more than three times higher than the level in New Zealand that this woman is getting her knickers in a twist over.

People are stupid.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

No, because jet engines use alluminum components. Ever seen used motor oil ? It's chaulk full of iron to the point it looks black, and not the honey color it started as. Same with the moisture at altitude, fluid plus moving parts equals alluminum in solution. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now the question is does that show there is proof of chemtrails?

Answer...No.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Further idiocy: the analysis is for total aluminium. That doesn't mean that there are particles of free aluminium raining down on us, any more than you are putting free sodium metal and chlorine gas on your food when you reach for the salt cellar.

The aluminium will be found as inert mineral compounds. Tiny pieces of rock, essentially.

I think NZ lady's head would explode if she realised how much "aluminium" is present in the soil under her feet! (Hint, something like 70,000 parts per million...)
edit on 28-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Because I am convinced that the contrails that we see are actually modifying the weather. I think that the chemical structure of the fuel, tied to advanced technology, can be actually used to create a desired reflective effect. I don't agree that the chemistry has to be bad for us, but the chemistry that comes from so many jets flying over us cannot be good for us. I would be disappointed if our government was not trying to combat the climate change by trying to create a cloud cover to slow it down.

If someone constantly wants to cloud seed in an area, there are no regulations that regulate this, even though it can negatively effect another area and destroy the ability of others to grow crops. This is wrong.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wouldn't cloud cover exacerbate the problem?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Because I am convinced that the contrails that we see are actually modifying the weather. I think that the chemical structure of the fuel, tied to advanced technology, can be actually used to create a desired reflective effect. I don't agree that the chemistry has to be bad for us, but the chemistry that comes from so many jets flying over us cannot be good for us. I would be disappointed if our government was not trying to combat the climate change by trying to create a cloud cover to slow it down.

Contrails do increase cloud cover, but that is just an inadvertent effect. Depending on the temperature and humidity at flight-path level, contrails sometimes disappear almost immediately, and sometimes spread out and persist as high sheets of cirrus-type cloud. I live quite near to Heathrow and Gatwick airports, so I see a LOT of planes flying over at various heights. It's pretty obvious how the behaviour of the contrails is affected by the prevailing weather conditions.

But this doesn't mean that any fancy chemicals are being used. All that happens is that the exhaust contains water vapour which freezes into ice crystals. If the conditions are right, these act as nucleation sites for additional cloud growth. If not, they will quickly disperse.

It's really pretty basic stuff and nothing at all sinister.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wouldn't cloud cover exacerbate the problem?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Actually, common thought is a light cloud cover would reflect the rays hitting the earth, bouncing them back into space. Now it could actually increase the temperature in upper levels if certain conditions exist. I did read some actual research articles on this subject, but a few recent articles stated that solar screen made this way would not properly work, the unknown side effects could be counterproductive.. In order to come to this conclusion by such a highly renowned scientific organization, they would have to have real data, meaning real observations and evidence were created to feed their conclusions. This means that there has been some of this going on somewhere in the world. I can't say where, that would be speculation on my part.

A regular jet engine can be designed to produce this effect. I have faith that many of the scientists at these big industries can accomplish increasing contrails if they were given the task. This is their specialty. I can only make a bbq smoke.

On top of that, how many times has our government screwed up and made things worse by choosing the wrong people to listen to. They can take a good idea and completely mess it up and make it expensive.
edit on 28-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Are you sure that contrails are JUST an inadvertent effect....Do you have proof that they are not purposely increasing this phenomenon to get a desired effect? We cannot deny something without considering everything. I can say though, that there does not necessarily have to be any dangerous chemistry involved. I like having an open mind while observing things, not choosing either side.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

But, we've known that aviation inadvertently creates contrails at altitude for over 70 years. A few people speculating on the internet that it "might" be something else isn't anywhere near to a good enough reason to give that viewpoint the same amount of credence, IMO.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Could they be designing jet engines to make more contrails? Is it possible that there are people trying to control global warming, knowing this was coming years ago?

The probability of what I am saying is actually reasonably high. It does not mean it is dangerous or anything to be concerned of though. The government has hidden things it has done over my lifetime many times, why would they change.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: waynos

Could they be designing jet engines to make more contrails? Is it possible that there are people trying to control global warming, knowing this was coming years ago?

The probability of what I am saying is actually reasonably high. It does not mean it is dangerous or anything to be concerned of though. The government has hidden things it has done over my lifetime many times, why would they change.

That is actually exactly what happened. Although the engines were created for better fuel efficiency with the addition of more prevalent contrails as an aside.

And there are two schools of thought on the cloud cover thing. If clouds are present before the sun hits, then the cloud cover should reflect some of the sun's rays and have a net cooling affect, but...if it's already hot and then the clouds come, they can trap in the heat of the day and make the nights warmer.

It's either win/win, or loose/loose, depending on how you look at it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join