It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please share the craziest recipe you have that sounds 'gross' but tastes awesome good!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
a reply to: shapur

We actually make something similar to that here with some of the same spices that you mentioned, but we use trout, local honey and ramps(wild garlic-like plant that grows in the spring). I'm not big on most fish, especially trout, but it's good.

That sounds delicious ,there is another very tasty treat from north of Iran that I like so much ..you can try it at home...It is called Bademjan kabab but it is not really a kebob,it is actually a vegetarian side dish...Barbeque a couple of eggplants with the skin on.then peel them off and mix them with some pressed garlic pomegranate sauce,finely chopped parsley mint,and basil add some grounded walnuts salt and pepper and a dash of pepper sauce.Mix and mash them well together and then let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so and then ,,you have yourselves a heavenly condiment to go with a lot of main dishes...Bon apetit.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Sardines in a bowl, add dash tabasco, dash lemon juice, mash it up roughly...

spread it onto a toast, and ur all set!!! enjoy!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Sardines in a bowl, add dash tabasco, dash lemon juice, mash it up roughly...

spread it onto a toast, and ur all set!!! enjoy!

I have a similar recipe: Only its mackerel fillets in tomato sauce (tins) and tabasco, i dont use lemon juice but thats a great idea.

mash
spread on toast
sprinkle grated cheese
grill thourghly

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Putting cocktail weanies in a crockpot with grape jelly sounds disgusting, but it's actually a pretty tasty party favorite.

Try this:

-Cook the weenies in a mix of 50-50 grape jelly and BBQ sauce until heated through.
-put bacon on cookie sheet and bake until half done
-remove weenies, and wrap in bacon with a tooth pick
-put weenies back on baking sheet and cook until bacon is done
-dab a little bit of the sauce over each one and eat!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Back in my stupid days when I ate meat (like some kind of wild dog) here was the best food in the world (at least to a seven year old):

A beer sausage sandwich made with white bread and a touch of mustard.

A package of Hostess Cup Cakes (those ones with the white squiggle on top).

Take a bite of the sandwich and a bite of a cup cake at the same time.

Heaven!!!

(If you still eat meat, try it, you'll like it)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
On slice of bread spread mayonaise then add sliced banana sections. yummy!
edit on 27-5-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur

I love Iranian food, and thanks for the tasty suggestion. I might give it a go this weekend.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For the sweet/salty thing-

A good fried yeast doughnut split in half and doused with red eye gravy.

A close second, same thing with chicken gravy.

I knew a guy who swore by chicken gravy on chocolate cake, but that one was less than successful, IMO.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Any Pie recipe before 1950.

Key Ingredient: LARD

Of course, you can always light up a pie if you are trapped in a snow storm, to keep from freezing to death.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tovenar
Any Pie recipe before 1950.

Key Ingredient: LARD

Of course, you can always light up a pie if you are trapped in a snow storm, to keep from freezing to death.

Ahhhh pie, is there anything it cant do?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Peanut butter and onion sammich.

For some reason, they actually taste good together.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

The canned mackerel is delish. I marinate the fish in soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger powder. Then I coat them in cornstarch. Pan fry till crispy.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Make meatballs and simmer them (either in a stock pot, crock pot, or even baste them while baking) in equal parts basic BBQ sauce and grape jelly. A friend of mine served this at a bridal shower once years ago. It sounded nasty, and very few attendees even tried it, but those of us who did were hooked and still swear by it for a tasty protein fix.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Putting cocktail weanies in a crockpot with grape jelly sounds disgusting, but it's actually a pretty tasty party favorite.

Try this:

-Cook the weenies in a mix of 50-50 grape jelly and BBQ sauce until heated through.
-put bacon on cookie sheet and bake until half done
-remove weenies, and wrap in bacon with a tooth pick
-put weenies back on baking sheet and cook until bacon is done
-dab a little bit of the sauce over each one and eat!

HA! I skipped right to the end and didn't see this before posting. BBQ sauce & grape jelly is meat's best friend

edit on 5/27/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Peanut butter and marmite on toast.

When my brother was a toddler and just starting to talk he was asked what he wanted on his toast. He confused the words 'peanut butter' for butter. What he really wanted was butter and marmite but he requested peanut butter and marmite. He ate it without complaint and requested it frequently thereafter, so much so that his siblings who followed (including me) were still munching peanut butter and marmite toast years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join