It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you like flying?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Damn. Some of you people have some stories! lol! Some things referenced that are beyond my experience or knowledge. Interesting and fun to read, nonetheless.
I wish I had replied sooner. I've been busy lately. It's true, I rode economy and that I am basing the entire flight experience around that. (Plus getting sick...)

I did hope to actually experience turbulence just for the heck of experiencing it, but at worst the cabin just shook a little here and there. Nothing all that exciting.

Maybe someday I will give it another go. But ONLY if we get something a little more luxurious. I generally prefer the cramped, long-distant car rides just because I grew up with family road trips. They're uncomfortable, make my lower legs, ankles, and feet swell, and make me feel really dirty because of the lack of showers, but I have a lot of good memories from that. I can see it's the same for others, but in flight form rather than car.

Thank you everyone for your replies. It gives me some insight to the flight experience other than my own negative biases.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Ive got 2 long storys about a bad experience at o'hare/heathrow which ive already typed else where but i will summarize here.

1st O'hare: didnt get a visa waiver form on the plane because AA ran out (youd think they would have one for every seat and a few spares, but its AA and they are totally and utterly terrible). Got to the front of the customs cue, customs officer would not lend me his pen because he was "using it" (he was not) - almost missed my next flight by the time it was all sorted - thank you anonymous british traveler in the customs line who lend me his, he did not get it back - i apologize for this.

2nd Heathrow: my girl friend landed, customs didnt believe she had enough money to stay for 3 months, even though she was staying with me and not hotels and i was waiting outside the gate for 3 hours, they could have come and got me like she told them to and cleared it up in minutes. Mean while i dont know if she even get her flight, phone about to loose battery any time. Very horrible experience for both of us.

Some times i think some of these customs dicks get up in the morning and decide to ruin somones day - feels like it.... *rolls eyes*

So even more reasons i dislike flying.
edit on b5858550 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I don't like flying one bit, cramped seats and you feel like a sardine in a can. I can deal with it for the most part but I cannot sleep at all on the plane just will not happen, I can get to the point to where I think I went to sleep but not sure and I know not for long.

Turbulance doesn't bother me too much. I've had 2 experiences with that I think they were both coming into Seattle the first one was we were maybe 2-3 feet above the landing strip a gust of wind came from top and slammed us down on the runway and we hit it and bounced but landed safely somehow. and the second time I was coming in and I think I was in the middle of a storm I know it was unclear if I was going to make it out of California but turbulance was so bad some dude started to blow chunks across the aisle from me.

When I was a kid we were flying to Hawaii and I stupidly ate the fish and ended up throwing up I think I was 5 or so. I think the options were fish or chicken. This was 85 or 86

I'm not small but I do fit into the seats without spilling over, but my shoulders kind of spill over just a bit anyway coming out of Seattle to Anchorage is about a 3 hour flight, I had 2 bigger women sitting next to me (I had the aisle) and they spilled over I had to lean over into the aisle so I could sit in my seat and I wrenched my back when I got home it was so bad.

I'm going to poland at the end of november to get there its going to take about 22 hours so I am curious as to how that will be.

<< 1   >>

join