It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant NASA soho manipulation, incredible image covered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

One of those I see. So desperate to believe, you ask for members to prove that someone is a hoaxer and yet you never ask for proof of the video being real.

What can you expect from someone who has the username knowledge is power spelled incorrectly..

edit on 21-5-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
This is a fairly interesting find considering it's from secureteam10. I do find it highly improbable that this "artifact" would just happen to appear right over the top of what does look like some type of craft, it looks more like they've just cut out a square from another part of the image and pasted it over the object.

Has everyone on ATS lost the ability to read?

This was asked and answered within two posts, 12 minutes apart. So why come in and point out that it looks like something was cut and pasted (which it was, as you would know if you had bothered to read the very simple explanation in the SECOND POST of the thread)?

These "squares" happen all the time, for the reasons stated. Here's one in an image from just a couple of days ago: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

edit on 21-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

So what I'm just supposed to jump around from thread to thread trying to see why some people think the guy is a hoaxer? How far into that thread is it or Do I have to jump around from thread to thread, reading through god knows how many pages?

Only if you want to learn.

After all, knoledge is power.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoledgeispower
So what I'm just supposed to jump around from thread to thread trying to see why some people think the guy is a hoaxer? How far into that thread is it or Do I have to jump around from thread to thread, reading through god knows how many pages?

**checks out first couple posts on other thread**

And here lies the problem... People want an answer so quickly these days they want their opinion made for them and for it to be whatever they want to hear. Combine this with the natural frustration with the world most if not all of us feel these days and... well.... here's the result.

You've been given the answers, you have all the information out there to come to a logical and obvious conclusion. When I joined this site just over 10 years ago I thought I was going to find evidence to support my wildest theories and dreams. Some I am too embarrased to admit now, in researching to prove these theories to the skeptics on this site I found one thing. A lot of the time, it's BS. People are either stupid, out to make money, seek fame or just trolling.

You don't have to take anyone's word for it, read the threads, do your own research. It's less than a chapter in a book's worth - unless your kind of book is 'Spot the Dog' in which case then it's a whole compendium.

Once you get used to learning for yourself a whole new world will open up to you. Sorry for being so condescending, but it was people doing this to me years ago and my determination finding the non-exisiting proof to prove them wrong that opened my eyes..

Good luck on your journey to enlightenment. It's a long one, but it's worth it - and the truth can actually be most fascinating than fantasy.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Very well said. That post ought to be stickied at the top of the UFO forum!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Thank you :-) And here is where my mock arrogance suggests it should be stickied to the top of all of the forums and life.

In all seriousness, I just wish that people would research and admit they're wrong even if it goes against what they believe. I do when it happens, more often than I would like to admit. And when it does I readjust and research further. I was accused of 'flip-flopping' once on ATS. Another member kindly pointed out that it's not flip flopping, it's being a scientist and assessing new information.

I *hate* being wrong, I really do. I want to always be right, I have some sort of mental disorder I think which helps cause this maybe more than in some other people and I openly mock myself for it. But the thing is, I really want to be actually right - whatever the truth is and will admit when I'm wrong to do so. A flaw maybe, but also a strength.
edit on 21-5-2014 by AgentSmith because: Changed their to they're

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

These "squares" happen all the time, for the reasons stated.

Just because it's a common artifact does not mean it must be an artifact in this case, if I were NASA and I wanted to hide something I'd certainly make it look like a common artifact.

And just because secureteam10 has apparently been caught out hoaxing things before does not mean that this find must also be a hoax, I highly doubt everything they put out is a hoax.

But I wont believe it until they can prove the previous image was actually taken from the NASA website. And even if they do manage to prove it they wont be able to prove the object is some type of craft.
edit on 21/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Just because it's a common artifact does not mean it must be an artifact in this case, if I were NASA and I wanted to hide something I'd certainly make it look like a common artifact.

And just because secureteam10 has apparently been caught out hoaxing things before does not mean that this find must also be a hoax.

Well, it certainly strongly suggests it. Look at his channel: the entire content is based on woo. Can you see anything factual in this lot?

Leaked this. Exposed that. Aliens up the wazoo.

If you want to see for yourself that there is nothing odd being hidden here. Do the following easy experimemt.

1. Go to the Movie Theater section of the SOHO site.

2. Under "Image Type" select "LASCO C2".

3. Enter some Start and End dates. Let's say the past three days, so enter 2014-05-18 and 2014-05-21 in the two boxes, or you can choose your own. If you want to look at the frame in the video, make sure 2014-05-12 is in your date range.

4. Hit the Search button.

Once all the images load you will be able to play them forwards or backwards at different speeds, stop on a frame, step through them and so on and so on.

As you will see, every frame has all sorts of dots, streaks and funny shapes on it, caused by cosmic ray strikes. Occasionally you will see one of those patched squares.

There are no aliens, no giant space ships, no asteroids of doom. Just some pretty pictures of the corona and lots of detector noise.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That is the whole subject matter of the channel, of course it'll have aliens up the wazoo.

If you want to see for yourself that there is nothing odd being hidden here.

How does that prove anything? It proves image artifacts occur, no one is denying that...

It's dismissive to assume that this must certainly be a hoax without any evidence to prove that. Nearly every person I know has lied to me at least once, that doesn't mean I dismiss everything they have to say. I wouldn't be surprised if NASA does cover up things they don't want the public to see, so I wont dismiss secureteam10 outright, but I wont buy into this until secureteam10 can prove that their original image is legit.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

That is the whole subject matter of the channel, of course it'll have aliens up the wazoo.

My point entirely. The whole subject matter of the channel is making up stories about aliens being hidden. So why do you think you will find anything of value on there?

It would be pretty incredible if one person (I am pretty sure there is no "team" in secureteam10) has uncovered aliens in all these different places. It would be even more incredible if someone who spends his time making fake alien videos actually stumbled on real aliens in publicly available SOHO images. Just apply a bit of rational thought here...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It would be even more incredible if someone who spends his time making fake alien videos actually stumbled on real aliens in publicly available SOHO images.

If he actually does what he said and records the SOHO feed and then goes back at a later time to double check if they've edited anything then it's not so hard to imagine. You are obviously convinced there is no such thing as an alien presence around Earth and that there will never be any evidence to prove it because it's impossible. But I prefer to remain open minded and distrustful of agencies like NASA.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
I agree with you about agencies like NASA . Mufon put it well when they said, " there is a public NASA and a secret NASA." I will know things may be changing at NASA when I hear their official comments regarding ufo's, and/or the possibility we have and are being visited by some et's..

edit on 21am31am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But I prefer to remain open minded and distrustful of agencies like NASA.

You are not open minded, because you choose to believe secureteam10, a known hoaxer, over publicly available and openly shared images from SOHO.

Why do you think every other thread discussing his videos has ended up in the HOAX bin, just like where this one is headed?

Answer: because he invents things, misrepresents things, and, I am quite confident, couldn't tell one end of a coronagraph from the other.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You are not open minded, because you have ruled out the possibility that secureteam10 is full of boloney.

Not at all, I'm simply remaining open to the possibility he actually did go back and find something NASA had changed on the SOHO feed. I'm very aware that this has a high probability of being hoax, and I'm not believing any part of it yet, but I wont be dismissive and automatically claim that everything secureteam10 produces is a hoax.

EDIT: I see you have altered the first paragraph of your last post. There is no reason I would choose to believe NASA by default, but I'm not believing secureteam10 either. There is a difference between believing someone and remaining open to the possibility they may be telling the truth. And having said that, I will regard this as a hoax if he cannot produce evidence within the next few days.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

There is a difference between believing someone and remaining open to the possibility they may be telling the truth. And having said that, I will regard this as a hoax if he cannot produce evidence within the next few days.

Just to forewarn you, he may leap on the fact that the original version of that image suddenly changes in the next few days and use that as evidence of a cover-up. If it does, there will be a perfectly good reason.

In some occasions, the images have data gaps caused by transmission errors. These data gaps appear as black blocks, superimposed on the images. They look particularly bad and distracting when we generate movies from these images. To mitigate this, the automated process posting images on our site identifies gaps and uses blocks from a previous image to replace the missing blocks in the new image.

[My note - this is what caused the "pasted on" square he thinks is so supicious.]

Data gaps are often corrected upon re-transmission but this can take some time. As we are interested in making our data available immediately for viewing, we don't want to wait for the re-transmissions. However, the re-transmitted science quality data products are available via the SOHO Science Archive.

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Image artifacts and data drop-outs are the bread and butter of ignorant hoaxers everywhere. I'll bet Tyler doesn't even have the first idea what he is looking at in these images.

edit on 21-5-2014 by Rob48 because: added link

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You're not, and if you wish to suggest subterfuge by NASA you will also have to include the ESA.

You may also note that the center of the sun is covered by a circle. Could it be that there is a global conspiracy to hide the fact that there is a black hole at the center of our sun? After all, if I were NASA and the European Space Agency and I wanted to hide it I'd certainly make it look like the mask in the center of all the SOHO coronagraphs.

Keep an open mind, and all that.
edit on 21-5-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Now you're just being ridiculous, using an excessively stupid or extreme example to make a point is a logical fallacy and a lowbrow argumentative tactic. There is nothing wrong with giving this guy a few days to prove his claim before declaring it a 100% hoax.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

There is nothing wrong with giving this guy a few days to prove his claim before declaring it a 100% hoax.

Not sure how he can do that.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Now you're just being ridiculous, using an excessively stupid or extreme example to make a point is a logical fallacy and a lowbrow argumentative tactic. There is nothing wrong with giving this guy a few days to prove his claim before declaring it a 100% hoax.

Which part was extreme, stupid and ridiculous... the part where I implied a conspiracy was hiding behind the commonly occurring circular patch and NASA and the ESA were responsible? Yeah, I can see where that's completely different. After all, circles are round and squares are... square.

The Secureteam10 claim was ridiculous. Your willingness to give a known youtube hoaxer the benefit of a doubt while distrusting the publicly accessible data and technical expertise from the international space organization that launched and operates the observatory is NOT open-mindedness on your part... it's something entirely different.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The Secureteam10 claim was ridiculous. Your willingness to give a known youtube hoaxer the benefit of a doubt while distrusting the publicly accessible data and technical expertise from the international space organization that launched and operates the observatory is NOT open-mindedness on your part... it's something entirely different.

Secureteam10 said they will be posting a follow up video shortly so before I make hasty conclusions I will wait until I see what information is contained in the follow up. I really don't expect anything to prove the claims being made but if I declare it a hoax now without any proof I will look quite stupid if Secureteam10 does have good proof NASA edited the image.

And I have always distrusted NASA and most government agencies in general, but especially intelligence agencies and space agencies like NASA. I do not believe for one second that these chemical death traps they use to get to space are really the best form of propulsion we have, they are hiding something imo. I'm just very skeptical of anything they say for that reason.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join