It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear Grylls survival show accused of 'fakery'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just a heads up, people like this exist in the reality television industry. That alone tells you that reality television is fake.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Did people really think he was out there "surviving" with a full crew around him?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

all those shows are fake. Storage wars, bounty this or that, Amish Mafia, all survival shows, all reality TV. Most TV really. The news.....

Its all faked or so little of it is natural or real you have to just shut it off.

No TV. You can live without it. I promise you. Just shut it off. Anything good is available on the internet for download anyways.

Dont tune in. Its all doctored crapola.

edit on 6 3 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I enjoyed Survivorman with Les Stroud more; it seemed a lot more realistic and clear-headed.

I knew Bear Gryll's show was sensationalized when he was in the Sierra Nevada's (my turf) and was doing somersaults and running down trails and sliding. Nobody does that.

But that is just a show. At one time he was the youngest Brit to summit Everest and he does a lot of climbing. He also served in the SAS reserves. Stil got respect for the man.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
He lost credibility with me when he was in the Sonoran desert, sitting in a field of prickly pear, talking about finding food. Prickly pear is served in restaurants, made into jelly for gift shops, and has been eaten for thousands of years. There is even a "how too " page on cooking prickly pear.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Fakery or not, doesn't really demean the value of the information gleaned from watching the show.

Les Stroud is more believable, because you can really tell that he's the only cameraman. Or they do a damn good job faking THAT.....

P.S. Realize that any survival gear with Bear's name on it will often be way more expensive than other brands of the same thing. That said, there are some neat little innovations, but I'm not so sure they are worth the dough, or the plastic handles.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
mr gryllis is an actor yes he was in service to his country but his shows if you followed his so called advice would get you killed. remember the one in a snow covered environment where it was freezing cold he jumped into a hot spring
that id a very dumb thing to do you have no idea if the water is going to be deadly hot luckily for him this was at a resort so it was a known hot spring but in wilderness crap like that will kill you,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join