It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are Your Favorite Scenes from Downton Abbey?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
In Season Four, I have four favorite scenes.

The first is when Mary has her good cry when she goes to apologize to Carson.

The second is when Carson shows up at the train station and parts friends with Mr. Grigg.

The third is when Daisy has brought the basket for Alfred when they say goodbye and Mrs. Patmore tells Daisy how proud she is of her.

And the fourth is the final scene of Season Four, when Carson and Mrs. Hughes are wading in the water at the seashore.

One thing I hope for Season Five, is that either Thomas cleans up his act and stops being so hateful, or he gets written out of the show! I'm sick of his conniving. And I'm sick of watching him smoke!

Also, I thought Season Four was too dark. I want to see more heart-warming scenes in Season Five.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mary Roseas we had a " downton abbey " drinking game we printed off the internet - I don't recall much of the episodes I watched

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mary Rose
The first is when Mary has her good cry when she goes to apologize to Carson.

The second is when Carson shows up at the train station and parts friends with Mr. Grigg.

The third is when Daisy has brought the basket for Alfred when they say goodbye and Mrs. Patmore tells Daisy how proud she is of her.

And the fourth is the final scene of Season Four, when Carson and Mrs. Hughes are wading in the water at the seashore.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Aw, I have missed this show and I am waiting for the next series. Your post reminded me of it and the scenes you chose made me remember how heart warming this series is. All wonderful scenes

I tried to describe it to my mum who lives abroad and doesn't know the show. The best I could come up with is "a cross between a soap opera (mentioned her local one) and a reality show set in the days of below and above stairs"

Now I am looking forward to the next series.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here's one of my favorite scenes from Season One - Thomas teaching Daisy the Grizzly Bear:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

My favorites are whenever granny gives them this deadpan look after someone said something stupid

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I love granny as a character because she's such a snob, yet at times she endears herself by taking initiative to solve problems - like when she suggests that Tom Branson should take over as agent and when she pulls strings to get William moved to Downton when he was wounded and dying.
edit on 06/28/14 by Mary Rose because: Wording

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here's a blooper from Season One.

Cora is shown taking a glove off a second time when the camera angle changes.

First she takes her right glove off:

Then her left one two times:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Here's granny showing her delight at sharing the spotlight with Isobel when Isobel is added to the Board of the hospital:

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Carson with a newfangled gadget:

new topics

top topics

join