It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all spiritual atheist.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
originally posted by: Annee

Can anyone give a consistant definition for the word or concept that is 'spirituality'?

As it seems like everyone that uses that word has a different definition for it which renders it completely usesless.

reply byby: Annee

This was addressed in previous posts.

Wow really?

Perhaps you could give me a TL;DR?

Whatever TL;DR means. Did you go back and read what was posted? Click on the name of poster to take you to previous post

Spirituality is a subjective word. No one can define what Spirituality means to someone else.

SUBJECTIVE: philosophy : relating to the way a person experiences things in his or her own mind. www.merriam-webster.com...

As an atheist (lack of belief in a god), I personally believe (think) everything is energy. I believe (think) physical is a manifestation of conscious energy (thought).

I believe (think) conscious energy does not require physical. Therefore, consciousness without a body -- spirit.

I do not need to believe (think) in a god to believe (think) that individual energy consciousness exists in a larger singular energy matrix.

edit on 29-5-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Spirituality is a subjective word. No one can define what Spirituality means to someone else.

Ah.....so it is completely useless....

Another case of people making s**t up, without gods......got it thx

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It appears to be your personal issue (belief) to limit Spirituality to a god belief.

in my thinking the religious God is made up. A need for those in need to explain the unexplainable. To have something (beyond themselves) to give them purpose and worth.

Energy is science, not made up.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It appears to be your personal issue (belief) to limit Spirituality to a god belief.

in my thinking the religious God is made up. A need for those in need to explain the unexplainable. To have something (beyond themselves) to give them purpose and worth.

Im my thinking it seems that both gods and spirituality are made up,

Energy is science, not made up.

What you proposed (physical is a manifestation of conscious energy (thought), etc) is you making stuff up, whenever anyone speaks of spirituality they're making things up, same with gods ghouls and ghosts.

My point is you're doing what religious people do.....just without the gods...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am not here to debate God vs atheism.

The title thread was addressed: "CALLING ALL SPIRITUAL ATHEISTS".

I have answered the questions put forth in the OP as concisely as I can from my thinking as an atheist. A Spiritual Atheist.

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Calling all spiritual atheist.

I would love to hear your view point on this subject. I had no idea there was room for spirituality, ascended masters, reincarnation,

Is there room for a creator in Spiritual atheism?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What you proposed (physical is a manifestation of conscious energy (thought), etc) is you making stuff up, whenever anyone speaks of spirituality they're making things up, same with gods ghouls and ghosts.

My point is you're doing what religious people do.....just without the gods...

I am not alone in my thinking.

I pulled the below link at random (I am not supporting or dismissing it). Just making a point that there are studies in energy consciousness.

Again, I am not (in this thread) going to debate the existence of a religious god.

10 Scientific Studies That Prove Consciousness Can Alter Our Physical Material World.
www.collective-evolution.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join