It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin and IDs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Alec Baldwin was arrested again and we can make assumptions as to why. What caught my attention is that he was asked for his identification. I thought identification was not necessary anymore and that people did not have to prove who they are; or does this apply only to those immediately deemed of foreign origin?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
I thought identification was not necessary anymore and that people did not have to prove who they are

I think he was operating a bicycle on a public street at the time so I believe they can ask for ID.

Edit: Here is an article from NYDailyNews that says he was riding against traffic.

edit on 13-5-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: searching411

It's the Real ID Act in play. More and more people are being required to carry ID with them. Unless you are not here legally that is.

Now, all DMV drivers license photos are done with biometric cameras for the homeland security ID bank. It's not constitutional, but it's being done.

If you are in the U.S., you should google your state to see if it's implemented the Real ID Act for renewing or getting a new DL.

In order to get one now, in the States that have it. You must supply a boat load of documents that otherwise can only be obtained with a warrant. The real ID ACT circumvents the legal process of obtaining those documents, and they are all photocopied for a central homeland security data bank.

Des

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Really? They didnt recognize him? One of the most famous NYer? Come on... bs... ratings, sells, copies, the side money to the cop... we get it... it's alright

top topics

join