It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is this Muslim England I keep hearing about?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rusblued9217

I agree.....

Often these decisions are made in the name of minority communities without even consulting them...but ultimately it is these communities which get the stick for them.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Anyone on this site read about the Christians being murdered in Syria? Boko Harem kidnapping girls for sale in the slave markets? there are many more instances, if you dig a little. I notice the British BBC television news took three weeks to air the news about the kidnapped girls.

The BBC news website aired the story on the day and has been covering the story ever since with almost daily updates
However there is only time for a limited number of stories on the TV news, and inevitably stories affecting Britons take precedent.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Many Americans (especially on this website) seem to be largely ignorant of the world outside of America

In reality is.

Many Americans (especially on this website) seem to be largely unconcerned of the world outside of America.

To present yourself as a great thinker and not know how Americans view everyone else in the world shows your thinking is a bit slow.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Countless time I keep hearing (mainly from Americans) that Muslims have overrun the UK and there is Shari law everywhere and all white christian Brits live in constant fear....

Im not seeing this Muslim Britain?

That's because "Muslim Britain" is just a slogan with a very narrow and specific meaning. It's not referring to muslim communities, which exist all around the country without any issues, but rather it refers to the areas where parts of that community have gone a step further - the infamous "muslim patrols" that were spotted in one or two areas, for example.

"Muslim Britain" in the media means that specific group. That group is tiny and is not, to the best of my knowledge, representative of the much wider muslim community.

Yes, you could argue (and many people do) that the hardcore group are simply living up to the values that the entire community is expected to uphold, but the vast majority of the wider community happily coexist in a reasonable medium between the two cultures.

The matter of "Sharia law" is much more interesting. If you wish to adhere to any set of guidelines or principles, provided they do not run contrary to English law (by which I mean they require you to do something that is specifically not allowed in law, rather than just having a different approach) then that is fine. Courts will often encourage parties to seek some form of arbitration before taking the matter before a judge, provided the parties agree then it doesn't matter if that is a Sharia court, a local arbitration service or some guy in the pub flipping a coin.

The risk is where the Court gets removed entirely from the process. A person should always be able to take a legitimate grievance before a court. If a person had a reasonable expectation of an outcome under law, but they receive a different outcome under Sharia law and they are then effectively prevented from going to Court for a proper legal determination - whether that is from overwhelming pressure from the wider community, or being mislead as to their options, or even straightforward threats if they try - then it would become a major issue for me. Even there, the issue isn't so much with Sharia law but in how certain people were seeking to enforce it.

I think in time those tiny hardcore groups will attract more support and grow, boundaries will be pushed and the people in those communities will run the risk of being increasingly isolated and cut off from the protection of the Court. I don't think it will reach the levels that the Daily Fail seem to think exist already. If it does, then we will certainly have a major problem.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

And a hundred years ago people were complaining that Bethnal Green was changing due to all the Jewish immigrants coming in. London has waves of immigrants. The next one will be Poles - the Polish shops are already opening to cater for them. Who knows who'll be after the Poles? Change happens. London deals with it.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg
Being a Londoner I totally agree...its the way it has always been, the resentment stems from when these immigrants start to do better than the natives.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Racist groups like EDL, Stormfront, Combat 18, BNP and the like finding a new scapegoat group after it became unacceptable to target Jews and Blacks.

You only need to look as far as Muslamic Ray Gun, Iraqi law guy to see how criminally thick the people in these groups are. Far more White British and Irish nationalists have been arrested on terror offences since 2001.

Sharia in the UK is for civil, not criminal, cases where both parties have to agree to adopt sharia - same as with all other religions in the UK.

Same goes for Halal - 90% of Halal meat is stunned before slaughter by electric shock. It's actually the Jewish method that doesn't allow animals to be stunned. If people care so much about animals, become veggie not racist as all industrial farming and slaughter is barbaric.

I live in Preston in a predominantly Muslim area and have never had any trouble (same can't be said for local drunks and druggies) everyone's as friendly and sociable as anywhere else. The only no go areas are the predominantly white sink estates.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Countless time I keep hearing (mainly from Americans) that Muslims have overrun the UK and there is Shari law everywhere and all white christian Brits live in constant fear....

Well I actual LIVE in the UK.

I live in the town of medway in Kent, Kent is the immigration hub due to its connection to Europe.
Im a 30 minute drive from London and have friends in south and east London.

Granted my area has many Muslims of Turkish and Persian decent and they are all pleasant people who I have gone to school, university and worked with. No Sharia law inflicted on me and I certainly haven't been attacked or abused by them for being white and christian!

In London of course there are some area (Deptford and Hackney come to mind) you dont go into but isnt that the same as anywhere in the world? New York Certainly had some rough places I was told to stay clear of! But most of London I have felt safe and never been intimidated.

I think this Muslim Britain is confined to one or two streets and certainly is not representative of 99.9% of the UK!

Don´t you know, its just that "Anti-Terror-Propaganda"!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Racist people in the UK are far more marignalized than in the US & Racism is far less pervasive or virulent.

Thank god.

Racists/culturists are the lowest of the low.

We live in a GLOBALIZED world now, get to like it or build a time machine and journey back to the year 1200.

People need to accept the new reality or stay in the past.

Silly people

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

You are presenting a regional picture yet again.

4.8% of the population, that is the fact.

Yes some regions are very Islamic, but many many more are very non-Islamic.

Bethnal green is a Muslim area now this is true. But that is time, things change and people move about the planet, accept it because it is the way it always has been and always will be.

The Britons used to inhabit this island, until they were superseded by the Anglo-Saxons, then Vikings.

All cultures are a mix of those which preceded them, and no culture can claim to have no foreign influences.

This is the nature of humanity.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
a reply to: crazyewok

I was born and bred in Bethnal Green london! Since my birth the WHOLE east end of london has been infested with Muslims and their people! It is no longer the East End that was famous for its cockney accent and Kray Twins or Jack the Ripper just up on Whitechapel!

Oh, the good old days of serial killers and gangsters. Weird kind of comments to make.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well I actual LIVE in the UK.

I live in the town of medway in Kent, Kent is the immigration hub due to its connection to Europe.
Im a 30 minute drive from London and have friends in south and east London.

Granted my area has many Muslims of Turkish and Persian decent and they are all pleasant people who I have gone to school, university and worked with. No Sharia law inflicted on me and I certainly haven't been attacked or abused by them for being white and christian!

In London of course there are some area (Deptford and Hackney come to mind) you dont go into but isnt that the same as anywhere in the world? New York Certainly had some rough places I was told to stay clear of! But most of London I have felt safe and never been intimidated.

I think this Muslim Britain is confined to one or two streets and certainly is not representative of 99.9% of the UK!
muslims in britain? Where? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: symptomoftheuniverse
What some mumbo jumbo from a American racist that doesn't even live in the UK ? Not only that but using you tube as a source and banned?

loooooool

Ok I rather trust my own knowledge seeing as I you know kinda LIVE HERE!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

[Eddie Izzard] I'm from Kent, man. [Eddie Izzard]

In all seriousness, what we see in your society is just a snapshot, just like you see of ours. I know a lot of Brits who came over and were surprised to see that there was not a shooting on every corner by gun toting rednecks. They had that impression from the media, just like many Americans have of the UK. As long as I can get a good kebab on High Street, I'm all good.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Exactly all your going to see in the media is bad headlines cause good headlines don't sell news papers.

As for my experience in the USA? Florida was great, everyone even the police were friendly and nice people and seemed a lovely place. New york? hated it, fear for my life when there and it seemed like a police state. On the plus side it made me appropriate how different the states vary and really how the USA is anything but uniform. Be interesting to see more one day.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I live in Manchester. In the borough of Trafford to be precise.

There are zero mosuques that I am aware of within a 6 mile radius of me, and 12 churches in the same radius. I'm not seeing "Muslim Britain" either.

I did make the trek out to a Muslim mosque once, to see if they'd let me read a Qur'an, out of curiosity about the Islam religion. They didn't just let me read one, they gave me one to call my own. I think most of the reports about bad Muslims are just that, reports designed to instill FUD. The Muslims I've had contact with have been the soul of generosity, and kindness. More so than so-called Christians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join