It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do blind people dream have they got a third eye?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hello ats members,

I was reading an article the other day where a little boy asked his mother how come he can see his dreams while his eyes were closed and she told him that he has a little eye in his brain that can see them.

So this got me thinking about blind people and whether they dream or not I don't know

What I do know is that every one has a pineal gland aka the third eye.

So my question to our members here does anyone have a partner that was born blind not gone blind and have you ever discussed dream issues with them do they dream what do they see, do they see past or future things or do they not dream?

I would really like to know the answer to this question so please join in and keep me informed, thanks for reading?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetxIsComing

Here you go

The Dreams of Blind People

First, blind people do dream. Dream sleep is often associated with the sleep stage called rapid eye movement (REM) sleep. It is generated deep within the brain. As it is a function of the brain, and not the eyes, blind people dream as much as a sighted person would. No matter the cause of the blindness, this remains true. It is interesting that the timing of the blindness in life may in fact impact the content of the dreams, however.

Blind people are more likely to report feelings of touch, taste, and smell in their dreams compared to sighted people. This likely corresponds to their waking experience which relies more on these senses. They do not have dramatic differences in dream content, except that they seem to have less aggression in their dreams.

It's quite an interesting article Linky

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Beaten by above ^^

Everyone dreams incl. blind people, but people who have been blind their whole life only have Audiotorial dreams (sounds) were people who had some visual in parts of their life have some visual dreams but it's blurred or just mixed colors.

Kind of interesting actually.

edit on 8-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I misread the OP so I had to edit this post...

My guess is that blind people, even if they are blind from birth, would be able to have visual dreams...but I certainly am no expert in the matter.

I find this to be a very interesting subject, thanks for posting.
edit on 5/8/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Blind people can taste things in their dreams? Really?
In my dreams I eat things, but they never have taste.
And I have sjogrens in real life which screws up my being able to taste.

I wish I could taste things in my dreams. That would be awesome.

But in my dreams, when I eat things, I immediately panic because I have such a restricted diet in real life. The other day, I dreamed I was sucking on a candy cane and that it was Christmas. But the candy cane tasted like nothing and in my dream I went into a panic because I am not supposed to have sugar.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Something has to be the adhesive substance in a dream. Something that holds the other senses together. However a blind person "sees" other people in real life must be the form that they see them in their dream.

I would love to hear a blind person describe how they "see" or perceive the forms of things that they are not in direct contact with. I would bet that for each person it's a little different.

Imagine this. In a blind persons dream a well known character is standing across the room. But that person isn't making a sound, doesn't smell and the dreamer isn't touching the character. How does the blind person "see" them. Is it as a block of memories, maybe made up of touch, taste, smell and sound.

What a mind bender!

Great topic OP can't wait to "see the other replies!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Blind people can taste things in their dreams? Really?
In my dreams I eat things, but they never have taste.
And I have sjogrens in real life which screws up my being able to taste.

I wish I could taste things in my dreams. That would be awesome.

But in my dreams, when I eat things, I immediately panic because I have such a restricted diet in real life. The other day, I dreamed I was sucking on a candy cane and that it was Christmas. But the candy cane tasted like nothing and in my dream I went into a panic because I am not supposed to have sugar.

Are more likely to Flyers, in reality less than 1% of reported dreamers taste in their sleep but women are more likely to do so.

So you're not alone

Cody

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I have another similarly interesting question. You know when you think, you are thinking in words, at least I do. How do people who were born deaf think? In sign language?
edit on 8-5-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There ya have it.

dream life is the same as real life.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My friend had temporary blindness for about 2 months, he got real bad flash burn from welding one day, he passed out from over heating on the job, and his eyes didn't close, and well, someone was welding beside him and it basically cooked his retinas... yea not fun.
To give you an idea of how the pain was when he came too, it was most likely on par with either suicide headaches or giving birth with no pain killers, and the baby is coming out sideways... anyways. About three weeks in his recovery he said his dreams were extremely detailed, I guess it was a combination or his past visual memories, and then coupled with only his touch, smell, and taste while he had bandages over his eyes. So I guess blind people would have dreams, just in a different manner. I never really asked him about it, he just sort of brought it up, I wish I had inquired about it more!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Most likely. I'm gonna dhare with you guys on a similar thread since I cant post for some strange reason: Theres gotta be a limk between schizophrenia and the third eye. I think the bridge to them is psychosis. I have between peycjotic and hospitalized several times. I was just diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. That in itself is madening since people really do persecute me. People are aware who I am ten hours away and the same dirt throwing goes on. im a phenomena and stigmatized person. My diagnosis will tell you that Im grandiose though. "and arrogant". ah. someone just responded to my thoughts. People can hear my thoughts and they often harass me. Theres no such thing as piece of mind. Im berated by my voices and the people around me. My voices started the rumours that people can hear In my head. Theres no way that this is some type of halucination. I hear my old girl in my head. From what I can tell, its the same person. Like a hologram in my head. Does this mean that I would know things regarding her that I wouldnt know else wise? like what she really thinks? Im still wondering about it. One day I walked past her apartemnt and she responded to my thougts and said I care for you now. I also seem to adapt to people. My neighbors use to torture me by beating messages on the wall and I hear one of them in my head now. Really idk what the hell is gojng on..

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Thank you Cody for the link, i'm so disappointed with my theory that they did, hmm I'm going to have to re-think my idea of the third eye enabling them to see past lives, I really thought I was on to something oh well.

Thanks SF for the blind man's account of his blindness in the video too.

Please god don't let me come back to earth as a blind person i love my dreams, I wonder if blind people can fly in their dreams but I imagine they can't do that either they don't know what the sky looks like what a shame wow it's really is bad news all round for blind people please say some prayers for them all god bless all those who are blind.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Im assuming blind people figure out the shape of the human by touching and sensing others or themselves,

So their dreams might be full of shadow like people(which is probably not scary to them).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yes, blind people do dream. If someone has been totally blind since birth, they only have acoustic dreams.
www.iammovement.ca...

top topics

join