It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Dead After Alabama Police ‘Shoved Sharp Object Into Throat’ to Retrieve Drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Is it common to use an informant to SELL drugs? What's the point? All the cops would get is a possession charge. Doesn't using informants as BUYERS make far more sense?

Off topic: Am I the only one who has to reply to a poster to comment in this thread? There is no REPLY button.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So I know that everyone is really eager to jump on the 'hang the killer cops' bandwagon, and if ANY of this is true, then I agree that they should be charged to the fullest. But let's look at his from another point of view, since ALL we are getting here is the dead boys Mom's version of the story.

Is it POSSIBLE that the young man DID run, so the police chased him and then forcibly detained him when he fought back? And that when he fought back, this led to them pepper spray him? That he really DID try and swallow something, which really DID block his airway and the police really DID try to get it out, which inadvertently caused lacerations in his throat?

That the paramedics performed CPR on the young man, which certainly could have broken a couple of ribs and most definitely would cause numerous bruises?

I am not trying to defend the actions of these officers, if they did in fact act inappropriately, but before anyone tries to hang them for MURDER, you might want to consider some other possibilities.

I really DO hope there is more to this story, because if there isn't....well, it really is horrible.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Just another goes to show ya that this system we subscribe to (Money, Laws). This system really has some horrible to life side-effects.

Too many get sucked into a life and death surrounding the tragedies found in the flow of money/power.
I hate seeing this kind of news and wish we could escape economy already so people wouldn't have to risk their lives supplying demand or enforcing law to feed their kin.

Sickening...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

Is it common to use an informant to SELL drugs? What's the point? All the cops would get is a possession charge. Doesn't using informants as BUYERS make far more sense?

That struck me as being quite odd as well. Going to reboot my computer and see if I can get some additional info on that...several things actually, that are bugging me about the case.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

It's not about hanging the cops..
Maybe he ran..
Maybe he bought drugs...
Maybe he was the worst of criminal (which he wasn't)...
Cops are killing citizens at an alarming rate and the bodies that have been set up to protect us from such instances are not protecting us, they are enabling further police abuse of power by not punishing those responsible.

Case in point - fox6now.com...

These stories are staring to become a lot more prevalent.
The ol' if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry to about..Then why did they hide the autopsy?
Cops are not for the people anymore.
Those days are over.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Just how do you think the PTB would want anything but killer thugs with low iqs.........
The idea that we are being ruled by people with our best interests at heart....well that's been debunked a thousand times over....
These are the kind of cops they need to have to create the totalitarian system they desire.....
What good is it if the people can bear arms but are afraid to use them in defense of their children......

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Sounds like the kid swallowed the bag of drugs and choked...so,the police tried to cut a hole in his throat to get air in his lungs....tracheotomy ? Or cricothyrotomy? ....but If you don't really know how to do it correctly , you'll do more harm .

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

You didn't read the article.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

well releasing the autopsy results would be a good way of finding out what really happened ...but as we can see there is a cover up going on.....

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Holy # people, what the hell is it going to take to stop this madness?

Are we seriously sitting here, Talking about a teenager KILLED because of drugs?

So many things wrong with this.

I can't even begin...

I hate it when people say this is a christian nation, I am not trying to make the debate religious.

Just to think that what we allow would ever be associated with the teachings of christ.

I expect this crap from some third world dictator ship.

Not America, Not the land of the free the home of the brave.

PROHIBITION is an excuse to bend us over, thats it, nothing more.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Wow. I see a lot of people saying what I want to say, hoping these pigs pay.

But what pisses me off even more than the act itself is that they will probably get away with it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

OMFG damn (its an expression) that is fed up. I am sending this story to my uncle in Alabama where he is a pastor (yes we get along fine even though I am an atheist) so maybe he can get his church involved. I am pretty sure churches are supposed to stand up for what's right at least that's what I have been told. Well this is one of those times I hope the rumors are true.

This has to be one of the most screwed up things I have ever heard especially with them withholding the autopsy. I am utterly dismayed over it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Believe me I considered what you are saying even before I read your post but the most damning part to me is how they will not release the autopsy. I can guarantee you that's because it doesn't bode well for the department and they are buying time to let things simmer down. If it had cleared them that report would have been released ASAP but it has been 9 months. That is just to give people time to forget and move on to the next big thing.

If there is some other huge event like Boston bombings soon that will be the time the decide to release because it would just be a news blurb.

What do the cops say? If your clean or got nothing to hide ....yada yada. Well that goes both ways.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

Cops are not for the people anymore.

There are many of them still out there who are. They don't deserve to be lumped in with the bad ones any more than the bad ones deserve to get away with the despicable things that they do. Regardless of how many truly corrupt LEO's there are out there, the fact still remains that they put themselves in danger every day they don their uniform and they are often paid a pittance for what they do; much like firefighters and EMS, who also risk their lives to keep others safe.

When something happens like this and we automatically develop tunnel vision, refusing to see both sides of the story, all we are doing is continuing the cycle of degradation within law enforcement and perpetuating hatred, violence and aggression. We become the very thing we are accusing them of being. Consider the title of the OP's link for example: it states that the police 'cut' open the young man's throat, which according to the report is a complete lie. And why the false advertising? Because it receives more attention than "police went spelunking in young man's throat with sharp object like complete idiots and very likely caused and most certainly contributed to his death."

It doesn't matter that the word "cut" was in quotes. People are only going to focus on the word. Pure sensationalism, intended to inflame and divide, and it works with singular precision because social media has made it possible for us to have live, streaming updates on every single thing that happens out there, and we are saturated in the negativity of it.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Sure its bad what happen but saying lies don't make it better, the throat was not cut open...

According to the lawsuit, police were concerned that Smith had swallowed a bag of drugs in an effort to conceal evidence. A medically untrained officer shoved a “sharp oblong object” down Smith’s throat to find the nonexistent drugs

Source

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
wow this doesnt seem extreme to anyone?

Surely if they arnt getting on a plane or somthing just let them poop it out and do a blood test.

Its not rocket surgery.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Drugs or no drugs, this is the most utterly deplorable thing I have heard out of the states for a while.

The crucial thing, the part that makes me spit, is that no police personnel have the right to cut open a suspects flesh, in order to remove evidence from their bodies! If such a procedure were to be legal at all, it would only be permissible if a qualified trauma doctor was present to prevent death or serious injury resulting from any wound caused by the procedure.

Even if those things WERE in place, which they most certainly were not, I doubt that the law in the US provides that suspects can be operated upon in order to retrieve evidence, without a significant and lengthy legal debate, and probably the involvement of the Supreme Court!

The fact is that even if the ONLY thing that had happened to the suspect, were having their throat cut open to check for drugs, this would be a travesty. The fact that the police had already caused multiple damages to the suspect merely adds to the total invalidation of everything they were trying to achieve on the day. Essentially what it sounds like to me, is that some ham fisted idiot thought it would be an idea to give this lad a field tracheotomy, and went ahead an did it.

I cannot begin to describe the level of psychopathy that it takes to consider doing something so drastic, without any medical training, in any situation other than to save a persons life. This procedure however, and the circumstances in which it came to pass, make this incident one of the worst examples of tyranny I have seen from the states in a very long time, and I hope to God I never hear of such an abuse again. The officer who did it, the officers who allowed it, all of them should be fired, and some of them arrested for one or another flavour of homicide.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Where are the cops that speak out? Do you know where the decent cops are? They left in disgust or they got pushed out! There are zero good cops... You see the thing is they "follow orders"... If they are told to go kick some door in they go kick it in unquestioningly... That is just plain dangerous! After they just claim to be following orders... "We don't make the rules, we just enforce them" is a major cop out!

It lead to so many injustice throughout history...

Now I think SOME think they are doing good! But ignorance is no defence!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
wow this doesnt seem extreme to anyone?

Surely if they arnt getting on a plane or somthing just let them poop it out and do a blood test.

Its not rocket surgery.

It just doesn't happen that way, just google "texas anal cavity search" and see what you find. They will look repeatedly then send you to the hospital and when nothing turns up finally send you home with the hospital bill. Hopefully a drug sniffing dog doesn't make a mistake with you either.

It seems to me police should have to experience whatever they do to the public before they ever get the job, kind of like shooting yourself with a taser. Experience what you're doing to people before you do it. Then get yearly reminders.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Horrific story and I read the report but never saw anything where it said the police actually "Cut his Throat Open". Am i missing something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join