It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Dead After Alabama Police ‘Shoved Sharp Object Into Throat’ to Retrieve Drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Teen Dead After Alabama Police ‘Cut’ Throat Open to Retrieve Drugs

An autopsy has been released in a wrongful death suit of a 150 pound 17-year-old, implicating Alabama Police.

The Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences has ruled the cause of death undetermined, not because the death is suspect, but instead because any number of multiple police inflicted injuries or a combination of them could be the culprit(s).

The findings included blunt force injuries and anoxic/hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, which is when the brain does not receive enough oxygen.

Nancy Smith, the mother of the teen, filed a federal lawsuit in March claiming assault and battery, wrongful death, and excessive force.

The lawsuit claims Smith’s son was set up in a drug sting by Huntsville Police using an 18-year-old confidential informant. At some point an officer in plain clothes ran towards Smith’s son without identifying themselves.

In essence, they shoved a sharp object down this kid's throat while he was in a neck restraint to retrieve drugs they believe he had (which none were found).

Overzealous police, and another victim of the "war on drugs." It's bad enough when you have the police leading around an 18-yr old undercover informant from a previous bust on a leash, staging drug sales to set up other busts to keep the cycle going, but when has it ever been police procedure to "shove a sharp object into a person's throat," even if it is to recover what they believe to be drugs?

In an effort to retrieve the alleged bag, the lawsuit says police had to shove a sharp object into the teenagers throat. Lawyers for the Smiths say drugs were never found in his throat or stomach.

This is insane.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/8/2014 by semperfortis because: Actual Headline

+51 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So instead of waiting for nature to take its course to see what if anything the kid ingested those boneheads decided to practice surgery without a license ..

Hope they get sued for maximum damages then charged for murder along with practicing medicine without license or training ..

Truly bloody amazing ..
edit on 7/5/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

If any of this is true, I hope they make them pay and hard. Totally appalling.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I hope they rot in jail for this but with the way things are going they will be on desk duty for a few weeks

sick sick sick

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Huntsville Police have however admitted two pieces of evidence into the case. The Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences determined they were both zip-lock bags of MDMA, also know as Ecstasy, which were found on the teens person.

Hmmm, he ran but didn't toss the dope. And of course they searched his throat before they searched his person.

+4 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I read some of the comments on that source page. Wow! People are really pissed off and rightly so. Maybe if a dozen or two people stand around and video tape every arrest they see, that might curb the problem a bit. But I am absolutely disgusted. They might want to have a war on corrupt government officials and police, that might be a plan, it would probably work out better that what is presently happening.

Cheers - Dave

+5 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

If the police had any integrity, they would persue the corruption within their own organizations. This is unexcusably disgusting. I would feel safer if all police where disbanded and I was left to fend for myself. At least then I wouldnt have to wonder if I'm going to be assaulted or not when I'm pulled over.

Nothing but drug busts and traffic tickets. If the cops really did their jobs, then crime wouldnt be so rampant in this country. How about arresting some corrupt leaders for a change?

If they wont preserve justice, then what good are they?

+14 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sooo. Whats this? Like story 950 for this week?
Next week, cop eviscerates suspect looking for grass. Gets paid vacation. Or maybe, swat uses bazooka on jaywalker. Jaywalkers family gets bill for rocket. Watch, youll see.
edit on 7-5-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Here's some more information from two other sources.

Nancy Smith says her son died after police used excessive force during an undercover drug bust. Smith's lawsuit states the excessive force happened at her Madison County home on June 13th last year.

She claims officers sent-in an undercover teenager to sell drugs to her 17-year-old son and officers were hiding nearby to make any arrests. Smith claims after he allegedly purchased the drugs, one of the officers threw him to the ground, handcuffed him and pepper sprayed him.

She then claims he began choking uncontrollably while an officer shoved a knee into his back. Documents from the lawsuit state officers called paramedics when he became motionless on the ground. When they arrived, officers told paramedics he was choking because he swallowed a bag of drugs.

Court documents also state an officer shoved a sharp object down his throat to retrieve the bag of drugs, which was never found. Smith claims paramedics were on the scene for approximately 22 minutes trying to resuscitate her son before taking him to the emergency room. He died in the hospital five days later.

source - Huntsville FOX54

The lawsuit claims at some point in the transaction a female plain clothes officers came running toward N.S. and did not identify herself as an officer, so he began walking in the other direction. An officer grabbed him and threw him to the ground, cuffed him and pepper-sprayed him, the suit claims.

N.S. began choking, the lawsuit alleges, and at some point another officer called for paramedics.

"Minor N.S. was lying on the ground, unable to move as a result of the police officer confining him beneath the weight of his body and the effects of being pepper sprayed in the face," the lawsuit argues. "While handcuffed, defendant officer was forcefully and unlawfully shoving his knees into minor N.S.'s back, further hindering minor N.S.'s ability to breathe. Minor N.S. was unable to move any part of his body.

"Although Minor N.S. continued to choke and lose consciousness, defendant officers refused to remove his handcuffs or allow him to sit upright to attempt to breathe."

The lawsuit contends that when paramedics arrived they told police N.S appeared lifeless and had no pulse.

Police told the paramedics N.S. had swallowed a bag of drugs, causing him to choke, the suit claims. In an effort to retrieve the alleged bag, police had shoved a sharp object into the teen's throat, the lawsuit claims. No bag was retrieved at the scene or at the hospital where he was treated until his death, the lawsuit contends.

The lawsuit also claims N.S., who was 6 feet tall, 130 pounds, suffered two broken ribs as a result of the force used by police during the arrest, that the teen suffered cardiac arrest and his body had numerous bruises.

The teen died after five days in the hospital and has been dead for nine months, but the Madison County Coroner's office has refused to release his autopsy report to the the teen's mother, the lawsuit claims.

source- AL.com

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well... This really happened I guess. It is actually terrifying if you ask me.

And I thought two colonoscopies was bad enough!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Ok, so they didn't actually cut his throat open, they occluded his airway...not that it makes any difference, they still murdered him...but I am very curious as to what exactly the sharp object was that they stuck down his throat?

I'm trying to search for the answer to that but either my browser is jacked up or this laptop has problems...can't get stuff to load. Would you happened to have run across the info on that by chance?

This sounds very similar to the kind of thing the cops here are fond of doing in certain areas of the city...very scary indeed. I don't go out at night in certain neighborhoods, not because of the gang bangers but because of the police. I don't see how their department could possibly cover for them on this, but I guess they did if the family is having to bring a wrongful death suit in order to seek justice.

+10 more 
posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If all that is true, then a case could be made for conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. They basically set this kid up and did everything just right in order to kill him.

They should persue the death penalty.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
In today's state of affairs police officers that demonstrate the ability to murder citizens are given the secret head nod it seems. The Police department and the DA have already denied all wrong doing in this case.
The officers involved i'm sure will be given the customary paid vacation while this blows over.
In the police state police officers that can murder cannot be fired as they are exactly the type of officers they want.
They want soldiers not humans making human decisions. This is why they don't allow people with high iq's to join the force. People with intelligence would question orders pertaining to the abuse and murder of innocent civilians.
The old beat cops are retiring and the fresh crop of militant directed officers are under trained for a reason in the same way education in public schools is also being purposely dumbed down. This is all relative...Fall in rank or die.
I hope the officers involved in the murder of this kid are sentenced to the fullest extent the law provides..I hope the lawsuit does something beyond simply come out of tax payers pockets..Something has to be done in order for families to start suing officers directly and causing their lives the same level of destruction these officers are causing to others. They should be stripped of their badges permanently and not allowed to ever work in law enforcement or security again just as a doctor would lose their license to practice medicine forever. like others have mentioned it seems there is a new story daily of police involved murders and abuse. Some argue that there are good cops - Well why aren't they stepping up and stopping this animals with badges from doing this? That's because all the "good ones" know that one day their time will come to prove they're part of the machine and will need the help of those already corrupted in covering up their initiation into the police state.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: Additional line added.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

From your source:

The teen died after five days in the hospital and has been dead for nine months, but the Madison County Coroner's office has refused to release his autopsy report to the the teen's mother, the lawsuit claims.

"Refused to release his autopsy report" has never been a good sign, when dealing with cases of potential police brutality.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is a story repeated time and time again, here's just a few from the last couple years starting with Kelly Thomas:

Two police officers, Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli, are now on trial for the killing of Thomas, who suffered from schizophrenia. Cops used their fists and batons to beat Thomas. They Tasered him multiple times. Cause of death was apparently "mechanical suppression of the thorax."

source

The death of a man with Down syndrome who was reportedly killed after lying face-down in police custody has been ruled a homicide.

WJLA reports that Robert Saylor, 26, of New Market, Md., was asphyxiated on Jan. 12, according to a medical examiner's ruling late last week.

source

A 25-year-old suburban Detroit man who died after a confrontation with mall cops was captured in a cellphone video shouting "I can't breathe" after being pepper-sprayed and pinned to the ground during the altercation.
McKenzie Cochran died Tuesday night following the dust-up with guards at Northland Mall in Southfield, Mich., some 20 minutes outside of the city.

source

Luis Rodriguez died after being held down by five policemen in the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore.
His distraught wife, who is recording the takedown on her cellphone, can be heard screaming, "You kill him! You kill him! You killed my husband!"

source

Unarmed people, beaten and suffocated by overzealous, out of control animals with badges.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

From your source:

"Refused to release his autopsy report" has never been a good sign, when dealing with cases of potential police brutality.

One hand washes (the blood off of) the other.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Two police officers, Manuel Ramos and Jay Cicinelli, are now on trial for the killing of Thomas, who suffered from schizophrenia. Cops used their fists and batons to beat Thomas. They Tasered him multiple times. Cause of death was apparently "mechanical suppression of the thorax."

The two officers you mentioned were found innocent. OF COURSE THEY WERE.

ktla.com...

edit on 7-5-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I am not in the states but these particular officers should be in custody and charged with murder, anyone hiding the information should likewise be charged with obstructing justice and aiding and abetting a criminal so they too should face jail terms, indeed the book need's to be thrown at these people as they are supposed to be paragons of virtue but are definitely not.
Can you imagine this poor mothers pain.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Two words. Paid vacation.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

No Mystery-

Criminal Just-Us System which is basically exemption from all laws.

throw the actual act up on the PSYOP military mainstream media(same as your local media) to Provocateur test the citizen cattle threshold of injustice. See Boiling frog method.,,,real simplistic stuff

Helps the social anthropologists, geneticists, and molecular biologists to design the next level of programming and just about all of it is nothing but programming.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join