It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get rid of authority of titles, give them to everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In the UK: and many other places: there are people with hereditary titles. I feel that these titles exist to give authority and prestige for zero achievment and their existence is wrong. But I have noticed that it is difficult to not give certain people a title: the Queen of england and the commonwealth, the royal family generally and so removing them by not using them is difficult. I therefore have a solution I am thinking of creating a society of occultists where anyone who is a member gets the title King Wizard, Or Queen Wizard: what do you think? I also thought that if other people could create other societies and call themselves titles king..etc.

I did think of simply calling everyone king but it seems that people would not use it unless they had a reason. Therefore perhaps king metalworker. king plumber king accountant could also be used: in practice the title kng would only be used unless the full title was needed.

NOTE The full title is there so legally no one can be used because there is a reason for using it.

So why not get rid of titles by giving everyone a reason to use them.

edit on 1-5-2014 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: werewolf99

Great idea!... King werewolf.

We can all live in a fairy tale happily ever after.

~King wifi.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Why not turn king into a title used like Mr or ,Mrs is. This will remove some of the power that people get because they have a murderous ancestor.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: werewolf99
The French have done this already, accidentally.
"Monsieur" means "my lord", which is why the Revolutionaries tried to abolish it.
But calling evryone "monsieur" is just as egalitarian as calling everyone "citizen".

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
What about we just slap a huge fat tax on titles?

Wanna be called Your Majesty? Ok, that'll cost 50% of your income!

That should sort the problem!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
That would br great if you could get it to happen: but how would you do it. Whereas everyone calling themselves kings and queens would be very doable because we just have to decide and do it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Over here in America we don't have kings or queens...we
have Tsars or Csars, drug Csars, energy Csars, intelligence
Csars etc...

I want to be a Csar...but I'm flat broke

Call me Csar Nickle-less

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rival
Yes but in America you give each other numbers after your name: in the UK only kings and queens get that. Your way is much better. The trouble is I dont think that there is another one of my name in the past, so I am the 1st. But otherwise giving yourself a number is pretty cool: after all why should some appointed importanat falilies get to use numbers and not others.

So if you are not the first with your name in your family you should use a number. I also think that 2nd sounds much better than junior: just a personal opinion.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How about Comrade?

Maybe not...

top topics

join