It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biometrics: We call you sheep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hi all,

I know generally biometrics isn't looked upon fondly on ATS. Sometimes its referred to as being connected to the mark of the beast, often its connected to the NWO and globalist agenda, and even our most staunch supporters of the government often have a problem with it. One of the things I've never really thought about with biometrics until I joined ATS was the language involved.

There is something called Doddington's menagerie which was originally created in the late nineties. Basically, it's a way of categorizing people going through your biometric system.

Sheep have high similarity match scores, and they rarely match imposters. You want lots of these.

Goats often have low similarity match scores with the genuine target / template. You don't want these.

Lambs are easy to impersonate, and have high scores matched to their imposters. These are really bad.

Wolves are persons who give high imposter scores against other enrolled subjects; often lambs.

There have been other animal's added to the menagerie over the years. It was originally created in reference to testing a voice biometric system, but now it is applied to other biometrics quite regularly. My membership on ATS has made me think quite differently about these choices of words, but it's also quite difficult to think of your friends and colleagues as building a dangerous globalist system when they are using them. Unfortunately this isn't the only example I have.

I've never been a firm believer in a completely aware NWO model. I think we humans have a nasty tendency of doing a lot of negative things by accident, but I do believe the language we use can influence our thinking subconsciously and has a tendency to dehumanize our fellow humans into 'data' swiftly. I've been concerned recently that I've been guilty of this for a while.

I'm genuinely torn about the direction of some of the infosec community and I believe we often develop blind without thinking about the repercussions or what we're actually contributing to. There are plenty of papers on the subject, but very little ever seems to slow, stop, or change.

In some ways, this is a thank you to ATS for encouraging me to think more about the topic, but am I being over sensitive or paranoid?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Well written AND INTERESTING point of view!

S&F

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think It's probably just a play on words and shouldn't be taken as sinister in nature.

They probably made use of animal names to make biometrics sound more interesting, if any thing.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
When all business models work on a top down hierarchy. I do not fail to grasp logically there is very easily a Cabal of "Leaders" who see themselves as shepherds of some sort. Herd mentality is often applied in business buying trends and consumer habits. It is also applied when too many people make the same stupid mistakes in crisis situations.

A loose NWO sure it is possible, and we may be just stabling without any real guidance or direction, but the real problem with this analogy is sheep are intentionally or unintentionally led to slaughter...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

"I've never been a firm believer in a completely aware NWO model. I think we humans have a nasty tendency of doing a lot of negative things by accident, but I do believe the language we use can influence our thinking subconsciously and has a tendency to dehumanize our fellow humans into 'data' swiftly. I've been concerned recently that I've been guilty of this for a while. "

Yep. If you knew what I know, you'd think almost every one is possessed by something akin to the description of the Devil itself, and they don't even know it, technically.

It's a massive war going on, too bad the a$$holes go back to their sewage pit.

top topics

join