It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Suffocated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Yes! People do get offended.
No, I don't want to waste $200 on a designer purse.
Yes, I know this is a fake Gucci, but I LIKE the purse.
No, I don't care what label name is in the back of your sweater.
Oh, you like my jacket? It's from the second hand store.
LOL

Maybe a frugal lifestyle is easier to handle when you're forced into it?
You do what you have to, which is adapt and survive.
It would be difficult to leave a 6-figure income (and lifestyle) behind by choice I'm sure...but if you're truly not happy with your circumstances....then you should change them before they change you.
jacygirl

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Exactly! I have a thrift store lifestyle,with family members who expect high end gifts because that is how they were raised. So I become the cheapskate,mother in law/ grandmother who refuses to compete with the jones. It causes chaos and hard feelings amongst my family.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Copy all!

You know, it's funny, this thing called life. I recall, as a young pup, joining the military - being totally against it - with the realization I had to do something with my life, and that one day, I would return to my view of the world and what mattered in life. Well, I retired a few years back and am in the process of rediscovering myself - man is that hard to do when you don't see through the eyes of a dreamer!

My wife - also very successful - is destined to be great so she will go far in this "modern" life. We just need to compromise and find that middle ground so I can dream and she can live!

Thanks all for the great words. It's nice to know there are dreamers out there who also understand reality.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The problem with the fisherman story, is what happens if the fish become diseased or overfished, the fisherman and his family starve because he has no other work skills, nor survival skills. What do they say about putting all your fish in one basket?

For all those newly born hippies of the soul, here's an alternative way of living (communal living) if you have the urge to join in the heralding of a new way of living.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
The problem with the fisherman story, is what happens if the fish become diseased or overfished, the fisherman and his family starve because he has no other work skills, nor survival skills. What do they say about putting all your fish in one basket?

In the society we live different skills are a good thing, but many times people focused their entire lives in one career, so your comment is a double edged sword.

The moral was not to over complicate our lives and lose focus, but to enjoy the things that really matter.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: InTheLight

In the society we live different skills are a good thing, but many times people focused their entire lives in one career, so your comment is a double edged sword.

The moral was not to over complicate our lives and lose focus, but to enjoy the things that really matter.

The focus should be to work and live smarter, while still enjoying the things that really matter, as well as respecting the environment.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Life example from an early resistor (from age 4) -> things getting in the way
I can tell this, because I remember everything from the moment I .. seemed to fall into this body from above.

I questioned the world from the beginning, always resisted, but my parents dragged me from my feet, I grabbing the floor and walls, anything I could find, getting hit by my father. I was forced to take out given normal activities in a sports hall with no choice in actions. Whatever *not normal* I wanted to do throughout the day was disallowed, every movement ordered, always having to do act and speak a specific way. I rammed my head against the wall, hit myself in an attempt to die as 4 year old. I was lied to all the time about what would happen to me or where we would go. I told the tooth doc I would kill him if he would drill more holes, putting stones in. He lied to me that he would only clean my teeth and drilled again and my mother supported him. I was forced to be injected vaccines. But at least the medication I always successfully resisted and my way of open minded thought was not recognized as the disease it is labeled with.
I wanted to build a clay house (takes 1-7 weeks), but it's illegal to not have a standardized 400k $ house.
I wanted to live from my own food, but I have to pay tax money to be allowed to live on any land and have to pay for street repairs, have to match the house to new laws and to get any money I have to get a job for which I again need tons of other things always in the end ending up working all day.
I thought out many ways to gain money or any way to live independent, but the only way I found without harming others is to get together with many people to create a huge fair company instantly.
I didn't want a drivers license, neither a car, but I wouldn't have been given a job if I didn't have them.
I simply want to do my job and sleep, but my body isn't able to do any job but one.
The job forces me to shape my every thought for the system at work, without a visible result in sight.
I tried to suicide, but I want the body to be intact while dying for afterlife possibilities, so any methods I tried didn't work.

The only change I did in my life was to change other people. There's a massive potential change I worked for by technology, but failed due to lack of time and motivation. Not to forget, there is the potential that I show to others: that I am ready to ignore the system together or form groups whenever possible.

I felt and feel suffocated, literally, not only by a short enforced time table with a job and today necessary preparations and intact holding. I recognized it is not only my body, but the lack of love in my surroundings.
edit on 1-5-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: oneoneone

I recognized it is not only my body, but the lack of love.

I think the vast majority of the people on this planet have similar feelings about lack of love.

That feeling that we need to be hugged and loved, but no matter what we seem to do, or who we are with it's never enough, or the right kind.

The love is there, it's always been there but for some unknown reason we seem to sabotage the greatest gift we can give ourselves, and that is self-love.

A wonderful way to discover love again is nature.................just find a quiet spot and sit with your back up against the biggest tree you can find. Leave all cell phones and anything that might disturb your peaceful state at home.

Give yourself at least a few hours, as you sit quietly many thing will fill your mind, it may become over-whelming but it will pass and peace of mind will eventually come. It may take a few times, but you will get to a peaceful state.

Camping has always been a great way for me to reboot my psyche/mind. A few days out in nature and I start to think and feel like a new person.

Peace,

RT

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thanks, but I already seem very quiet within.

I wouldn't have the time to go out, though.
The perception/illusion that affects having fun in the worst situations is very hard to stabilize under my conditions of being forced to think hard at work, sadly.

Self love, mmh. I'm very focused on the love of the universe and how I affect all in it and forget myself easily, I'm aware of that.

Well, I kinda corrected what I said about love, too. Everyone somewhere cares for others and might hug if hes not too illusioned to not be allowed to. What I meant is .. kind of complicated. The harming ones with a choice don't know after all and we're all forced to do a lot of harming things.
edit on 1-5-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Here's a question I've been dealing with for quite some time. Once you have found the "quiet place in your soul" how do you pass that along?

I mean we can all become a granola toe and eat dirt, but that does nothing but alienate everyone. How is that helpful?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
Here's a question I've been dealing with for quite some time. Once you have found the "quiet place in your soul" how do you pass that along?

That has many interpretations!
Let's say you're a rager, always negative. You don't only harm yourself, but everyone else. You often give a negative response or have sad emotions, so people will try to avoid talking with you and neither give you positive emotions.
If you can't absorb their information visibly, they will stop as well.

How being happy with less is helpful depends on your goal. People usually progress from finding reasons for why they should care for self -> family -> friends -> groups -> animals -> planet -> universe -> objects.
There are pretty complicated cause and effect chains. Actually if you simply take the first job with low payment you can harm others, because that keeps the usual paid amount for a worker low, often giving the leftovers to rich investors who then again get more influence.
You can live with less to help others who need it more or simply don't waste any money on products that make everyones situation worse - you harming people with drugs, you buying useless junk. There are 2 sides tho. Instead of a few working all day and the others having no job, people should split up the work, tho the system automatically matching to the minimum needs of the people for max amount of work is a blockage.

Let's say you have no choice but to eat dirt - if you are fine with it you are much happier and also use the time to progress in thought. But if you rage, resist and still have to use it, thats a problem. Don't forget looking for alternatives, though.

With inner peace -> less distraction in your mind you can come up with new things much more efficiently.

And to you as soldier - someone had to take the spot either way - so let it be you, but resisting wherever you can. Not blindly shooting "enemies" as best as you can.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr

I mean we can all become a granola toe and eat dirt, but that does nothing but alienate everyone. How is that helpful?

We pass it along by just being peaceful.

Think of yourself as a stone, if you place the stone into a large lake it makes no ripples, but the stone has the presence of just being there and adding to the overall beauty. Now take the same stone and toss it into the lake and it cause ripples that effect everything.

Some people think that by creating ripples they are making their mark, when in fact it may create waves large enough to tip someone's boat over, on the lake.

Life is like that. Look at the power a few men/women have and they create world chaos with the stroke of a pen, then go right back to their million dollar vacations.

We are in charge of our own worlds, how we choose to create these small versions of peace does help, because one day those offspring will be the new generation.

Peace

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Were I not married I would LOVE to live in that little domocile. I am trying my damndest to live as simple a life as I can but it isn't going well. Why? Because greed and the other deadly sins. I am guilty of them all. So while I enjoy my toys, yes I am suffocated by them

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
TAKE BACK YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join