It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground-breaking technique traces DNA direct to your ancestor's home 1,000 years ago.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I find this fascinating. I am half Swedish and half Hungarian and I have been able to trace both sides just a couple of 100 years.
I just ordered kit.

Tracing where your DNA was formed over 1,000 years ago is now possible, thanks to a revolutionary technique. The ground-breaking Geographic Population Structure tool works similarly to a satellite navigation system as it helps you to find your way home, but not the one you currently live in -- but rather your actual ancestor's home from 1,000 years ago.

www.sciencedaily.com... _science+%28ScienceDaily%3A+Top+Science+News%29&utm_content=FaceBook

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Interesting. Is there any other info such as the name, cost, or the site where I can order?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Interesting. Is there any other info such as the name, cost, or the site where I can order?

Ok, followed link. I see now. Cool.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

My wicked sense of humour leaped into this one because what happens if a large number of people find their genetic home is Palestine/Israel and they all want to go back there? I can just imagine it.

Its a great thing though to be able to go back 1000 years and to simplysend for the kik. Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I doubt that. 1000 years is not really that long time its only about 32 generations.

The site tells more there is DNA data around the world ( people finding out their genetic locations ) more accurate it comes. How long they have been doing this i couldn´t find.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Great! Don't tell the government about this. It won't be long before Gattaca is a reality!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Awesome! I really want to do it as I am of very mixed ancestry and I'd love to pinpoint where my ancestors came from....and where the gene pools mixed to create my DNA.

Thank you for sharing this!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think most of these companies are run by TPTB. I think they are trying to gather enough info for an initial list of people to be immediately destroyed when they initiate the final Government.

"... for the study of populations whose ancestral origins are under debate, such as African Americans, Roma gypsies and European Jews."

Interesting these are usually on the top of the list when some lunatic who wants to rule the world starts systematically killing people. They have the medical records to make the list of the "mentally ill". They have all the info on social media to make lists of all the "dissidents."
edit on 1-5-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yamammasamonkey

Why even bother going to those lengths?

Seriously, profiling people today on what race their ancestors were a thousand years sounds like the plot of a crappy sci fi movie that never got made.

new topics

top topics

join