It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret to moving huge pyramid stones found? not Aliens, lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So it wasn't aliens?

Secret to moving huge pyramid stones found?

Read more at:
economictimes.indiatimes.com...

Physicists from the Fundamental Research on Matter (FOM) and the University of Amsterdam have now discovered that the ancient Egyptians moistened the sand over which the sledge moved.

Wet sand, however, doesn't do this. In sand with just the right amount of dampness, capillary bridges—essentially microdroplets of water that bind grains of sand to one another through capillary action—form across the grains, which doubles the material's relative stiffness. This prevents the sand from berming in front of the sled and cuts the force required to drag the sled in half. In half.

And now you know that rest of the story.
gizmodo.com...

The End

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You were a little late. Sorry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*EDIT*

Without this edit my post seems douchey. SO I added this bit to let you know I was only informing you there was a topic on the subject already. Have a nice day. :-)
edit on 1-5-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Some one beat you too it, www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think it sound's very plausible with the only exception how the hell did they get the stones over the kings chamber up that heigh when they weighed so much, as even a slight inclination would surely nullify the friction reducing effect of the water and oil's would have left residue in the stone surface.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17869093]Stormdancer777[/post

Your story seems VERY familiar.

Could it be related to this story already on the front page of ATS?

HERE

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
LOL, sadly I didn't even search for it, because the search engine sucks. thanks

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To be fair, the other post is in Breaking News so this post is fine, but that never stops the "some one beat you to it crowd"

Gonna go read on this now

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Much like all of the "definitive answer found" headlines, this one is misleading. Hiw many times does the word "probably" show up?

They probably mositened the sand...
Ancient Egyptians were probably aware of this effect...

What this says to me is that it's a possible way of moving such things, and we have no idea if that's how they did it.

So... the mystery remains. Why not make an article like this based on actual records, and actual tools found in situ? Right. No such records yet.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Cool thread n all but how is this news. I remember being taught in elementary school over 20 years ago that they poured water onto the sand in front of the sled dragging the stones. I think it even showed an ancient Egyptian relief showing just that.

Besides, this is no new discovery just ask anybody who's ever dragged their boogie board on it leash behind them at the beach. They will all tell you it's easier over wet sand. Heck even walking us easier over wet sand.

Scientists are getting dumb these days.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I am not sure dragging a boogie board is the same thing... there is no weight on that.
Ask a skim border what happens when he hits just wet sand.

new topics

top topics

join