It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost of Victorian Girl Appears in String of York Castle Museum Family Photos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
After an initial investigation by my esteemed colleges on this site I agree with their conclusions that this is indeed a HOAX of childish proportions.
now...wheres that dinosaur pic....?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If the pic was taken on a cheap, low pixel density phone, I suppose it might be grainy, specially if it was enlarged.

I'm wondering why anyone these days would go to such lengths, only to be ridiculed.

"PHOTOSHOP! PHOTOSHOP! PHOTOSHOP!"

Why would anyone do it?

Does anyone know what a genuine spook photo would look like?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I don't think it's photoshopped, I think it's one of those iPhone apps, and you would be amazed at what people will do if they think they'll get away with it. They're obviously not aware that so many people know of these apps and believe me, photos with these "ghostly images" pasted into them from the ghost apps are surprisingly common...in fact there have been a couple of threads on here with exactly these images in them.

Here's a link to snopes with a very similar image Snopes Ghost Girl

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Yes, I know it CAN be faked, but how do you know it definitely is, is my question.

How would you know when you come up against the real thing?

A real ghost photo, should such a thing exist, might be indistinguishable from a fake.

You can't tell, because we don't have a genuine ghost photo with which to compare and contrast.

Or do we...

edit on 26.4.2014 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I actually do believe in ghosts and I do believe that people have captured images on film, but this picture is just so contrived and the image looks exactly like one found in the ghost app library, ergo it's probably a fake

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The thing with these kind of photos (or any other paranormal related) is that unless it is blatantly obvious, we will never know, there are various ways of testing the validity of them, but until proven otherwise you will have to take them at face value and make your own judgement.
Even to this day, some photos classed as authentic or classic to me look a little dubious.
However, having seen spirits and ufos I am confident in myself to know for me they exist.

edit on 26-4-2014 by zeevar because: wibble

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OMG! The weirdest thing just happened. Just as I was reading this thread the same Ghost of the Victorian Girl appeared right in the room with me!!! Seeing that I have the new Samsung Galaxy S5 with an excellent camera I was able to take a much better picture!

Yes, member Destination Now was spot on. She (the little ghost girl)) can be found in several Ghost Photo apps - the one I used as demonstration was "Ghost Prank".

Our members were obviously never fooled though.

Hoaxers make little Victorian girls sad...

edit on 26/4/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/4/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This story was in the local rag (York Press) last week.

www.yorkpress.co.uk...

I suspect it may have been an April Fools prank, on the part of the husband, that got out of hand.

Shona, who works in a tanning salon, said: “I don't know that the thing is. It is like it was following us because it was in the last picture of me taken outside.

"It is really weird. I never noticed it until other day when we looked through the pictures.

"But I told John when was at the museum that I had funny feeling and didnt like it there.

"The room one of pics was taken in I wouldn't go inside. It gave me goose pimples and shivers.*

I can say though, having been to the Castle Museum tens of times, that I have never seen a ghost there. In fact, though York is considered one of the most haunted places in Britain, I haven't seen a ghost anywhere here.

York is also the 'stag and hen capital of the North', so lots of binge drinking goes on...I'm not sure if that bears any relation to the number of ghost sitings in these here parts

*Given the standard of editorialship, and proofreading that went into the finished story, I am also guessing that it was a last minute space filler...shocking typos and grammatical omissions.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

OK it's not That big of a deal if someone has their baby forever memorialized in the annals of Internet history by placing them in a photo used to hoax a paranormal sighting...

But then again, there was some curse with the poltergeist and exorcist movies where a bunch of people died, so, maybe there could be some connection... Both had images of paranormal activity that were not "real" and both were forms of entertainment...

But yes I get what you are saying and I over reacted because I was hoping it was real so I was kind of going down a list of things that seemed seemed to give it creedence, like "oh, they have their baby in the same photo, well they would tarnish their own baby's name just for a stupid hoax...would they?"

I would venture they did it for fun to fool friends and maybe a friend put it online. I dunno. I don't have kids but i would not do that to my baby if i had one. It's just disrespectful, to your baby and to the world of people you're hoaxing. But then i would never hoax anything online. Maybe just to have fun with friends and ffamily and then show them how it was done afterward, but to go online and act all surprised like it's a real ghost and i don't know what's going on, that's a totally different thing.

What if this baby grows up to so some serious work in some area of the unknown, and makes some interesting discoveries or records some remarkable data, and then somehow it's revealed that he's the baby from that old hoax photo, so people start to say "oh he's just like his dad, he loves to pull pranks...don't take anything he says seriously...he's just trying to outdo his father..."
edit on 4/29/2014 by 3n19m470 because: Also it's not as easy for me to tell if it's a hoax because my phone is my Internet so the screen is too small to pick up the details necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join